Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:11:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do bitcoin addresses expire?  (Read 7267 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:50:20 PM

Bitcoin addresses from your wallet has never be expire. you can use it whenever you want... even you create another address on your wallet he didnt expire...
Yerm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:54:35 PM

adresses wont expire as far as im aware Shocked. but its good to change em to remain more anonymous
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:14:15 AM

It's valid, unless you personally take it down.
Creeptolady

Activity: 70
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:52:16 AM

I had this question too. Googled it and it led me right here. Might sound irrelevant to BTC experts but for some of us, yes, kinda scary not really knowing. So I'm happy have the answer! Addresses are "randomly" generated hence they fear of their random disappearance or expiry.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
uberproteam
Copper Member

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

Decentralized Freelancer Community

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:37:00 PM

No bitcoin addeesses never expire ok you can use the same address again and again but it's advice to change address everytime which i don't know why
They ask to change address because you can see how many transactions have occurred on a same address. If they find that the address belongs to you. Then your privacy may be at stake.

SARVESH SHARMA

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:46:28 PM

Once they're created they never go anywhere. Just make sure to retain the private keys. If you're using a HD wallet like Mycelium and carry out subsequent transactions then new addresses will be created for each one, but if money is sent to the old address it'll still show up in your balance.
Ralph1075

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Since I have been dealing on Crypto Currencies, Never have I heard that wallets do expire, you can only loose your wallet to hackers but not expiry
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:45:21 AM

It's not going to expire!
asheeyanaandas2217

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:43:27 AM

I think no..the wallet address are no expiration..As long as your password and username you still remember..And dont give to anyone..
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:48:14 AM

No address ever expires. It is good practice to generate new addresses for each transaction to preserve the pseudo-anonymous properties of bitcoin. A public address will always be valid for the corresponding private address, but you want to make sure you control that private key before sending money to it. Example, if coinbase gave you an address to deposit to, I would only use it once. They may not be monitoring the old ones.
Botude23

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:58:57 AM

suppose you give someone a btc addresses to send you bitcoin, and then they wait 8-12 weeks before sending you bitcoin to that address.

is the address still valid? It will still go to your wallet?
Yes it will go to your wallet You can use Free Accelerator on our Service Section to get it faster and Bitcoin address never expired thats all! Hope I Help You!
Protonem

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:22:51 AM

Addresses generated by services like coinbase might "expire" if their system forgets them or something.

Addresses created by your hardware wallet are all generated by your wallet seed. Simplified you take function(seed, n) and you get an adress. Where n is a number that probably starts with 1. Since its slightly more insecure to reuse an address your wallet will increase n by 1 every time you need an address. It's trivial for the wallet to check through millions of different n:s so your wallet will always be able to see all addresses generated from its seed. So if a hardware wallet has generated an address it can always generate the key again if needed. As long as you have the seed that generated an adress you won't lose funds due to lost addresses.

I suspect it's slightly more advanced in practice but the principle is the same. You can receive and send from the same address multiple times if you really want to.
I'll be take be carefully when using bitcoin address from exchanges services, since it could be have rolling address or going to archived. I wouldn't recommended using wallet from exchanges as there are still many web wallet either mobile that can using with backup private key.
chaitanya31

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

Transactions never expire. They just wait to be confirmed. If the transaction is invalid there is no transaction at all. It’s like never happened. Bitcoin transactions are valid only if they have been recorded within the blockchain.
Pancheng

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:01:37 AM

It won't lapse, as long as you have your password, back up files 📂, you can open or use your bitcoin address anytime....

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
dipan30343456

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:48:54 PM

BTC's wallet address is unique and will not expire!
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

to me i don't think that bitcoin address expire it all depends on how safe you protect your private key if you can protect your key be rest assured that your bitcoin address will not expire.
Jackypot

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:05:34 PM

No bitcoin addeesses never expire ok you can use the same address again and again but it's advice to change address everytime which i don't know why
These are security and privacy reasons from time to time for the sole purpose of keeping your account secure.
Jackypot

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:15:33 PM

They do not expire, but it is better to change occasionally for security and privacy reasons from time to time for the sole purpose of keeping your account secure.
diego1111

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:46:27 PM

Бyдy знaть cпacибo!
cryptomoon123

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

bitcoin addresses do not expire