Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Codename Evolution  (Read 7202 times)
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:22:11 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:57:26 PM by qwizzie

Disclosure of Dash Evolution : https://www.dash.org/evolution/

Dash Evolution creates a new type of cryptographic currency with various advanced features that assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:

• DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
• DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
• DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
• Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
• Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
• Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
• Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
• Primitives – We introduce Users, Groups and Accounts which allow a common way of interacting with the network.
• Social Wallet – By utilizing primitives, we introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared accounts.
• DSQL – A query language for administering the network via majority quorums (banning users, setting important network variables such as sporks on/off, etc)

Evolution Documentation Release

We’re going to try something different with the development of Dash Evolution. This is a social experiment on building an entire currency completely in the open, with extreme transparency, as such, things will change constantly. This is intended to be an open discovery process that helps us to create the best possible implementation, GUI and feature set for Dash Evolution.  Help us to flesh out these documents by editing, correcting or even coming up with new ideas that we could work into the system.

The documentation below is intended to be very high level, which should give a clear understanding of how to build and secure such a system. These aren’t really intended to be whitepapers, just simple technical documents showing the design choices and structures.

Many of these documents are outlines of ideas of how different pieces of Dash Evolution will work, they aren’t complete, feel free to add to these as well. To help us, simply click the “EDIT” button, then request access to the given documents. Please do not edit the documents directly, instead use the google docs “Suggest” feature. This is intended to be an open discussion of the technology in the documents, that will evolve with the project.

Thanks!

Evan Duffield

We will be releasing many more documents not here yet in the near future, please keep coming back to see updates and progress of Evolution.

Releases: Last Updated – December 4th, 2015

Teaser screenshot

(Dash Evolution is Dash's next major upgrade v13)

Will Dash Evolution revolutionize cryptocurrency ? Please discuss.....

Warning : Stay on topic  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:37:24 PM

What I really don't get is the 35TB Blockchain storage capacity line. Does that mean that the blockchain has a size limit for some reason? Or does it mean that this is available storage space for people to use? If it's the latter, 35TB isn't all that much. The hard drives I have lying around my place already have about 6TB in total capacity, so 35 won't do much if you try to build a Dropbox replacement.
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 06:37:57 PM

I wonder where that "700 million users" figure comes from. It's an odd number, so I suppose it's based on calculations with the current Masternode count. Can't wait to read the white papers  Grin

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:38:38 PM

The 1500 transaction per second and 700 million users is for starters, its infinitely scalable.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 06:42:38 PM

The 1500 transaction per second and 700 million users is for starters, its infinitely scalable.

Oh, true! I just noticed the footnote "1" with "initial estimates..." is also next to those two bullet points. Awesome! Cheesy

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:47:09 PM

I suspect it has something to do with using full quorums on the masternode network (or perhaps on protocol level) and also
converting the anonymity (Darksend) and InstantX aspects (currently run by masternodes) towards
protocol level but i still have difficulty wrapping my head around it..    

Evan dropped some hints that the protocol would work and could be called upon for every part of Dash .. or something like that.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
UserVVIP

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:59:59 PM

Just leave the topic to where it is.

DASH coin uses tor, and that is that.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:07:40 PM

Just leave the topic to where it is.

DASH coin uses tor, and that is that.

First of all its Dash, not Dash coin (a totally different cryptocurrency)
Secondly i dont get your post, all posts so far are relevant to first post.. 

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:13:48 PM

here is a link towards an explanation (and use of) quorums, credits to dazbarlby : http://www.eurecom.fr/~vukolic/QuorumsOrigin.pdf

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:23:18 PM

What I really don't get is the 35TB Blockchain storage capacity line. Does that mean that the blockchain has a size limit for some reason? Or does it mean that this is available storage space for people to use? If it's the latter, 35TB isn't all that much. The hard drives I have lying around my place already have about 6TB in total capacity, so 35 won't do much if you try to build a Dropbox replacement.

The image shows this as "estimated initial capacity" so I'm going to guess it is based on the current number of masternodes and storage being shared between masternodes with some amount per node, or something along those lines.
cryptonewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:05:47 PM

Maybe  I should just post my questions here Smiley

Hi

I'm new here, this is my first post!

I was interested in cryptocurrencies, but when I looked into it back in 2012, I came across some article that explained it on a semi-technical level.
I realized that bitcoin was too transparent. I didn't want others to see my transactions, so I dismissed it. I saw in 2013 on the news that if I got in, I could have made a lot of money. But I figured I was a bit late to the party so I still didn't invest.

When I met an old friend a few weeks ago, he told me he did buy BTC in 2012. Then I told him about my concerns (the fact that BTC isn't private). Then he told me maybe I would like DASH. So I checked the dash technology and I liked what I saw. Darksend can make my transactions private!
There was more: InstantX has very fast transactions, compared to bitcoin.

I now bought 20 DASH. I want to start small, but maybe I'll buy a full masternode in the future. I was just checking this thread and saw something about evolution in another topic:

May I ask if there is already more information about this?

I specifically want to know when will it go live?
Also, I wonder how you can have so much transactions per second? (the slide shows 500-1500) I read that bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second.
My last question for now is that I don't really understand how InstantX works. I mean... with bitcoin you have your transactions included in a block. I liked that part of the bitcoin technology when I checked it in 2012. Once a ransaction is included, it is considered "safe". How does InstantX work?

Anyway, I hope to get in early now, because I feel that DASH could maybe become big, certainly if "Evolution" becomes the new reality.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:25:24 PM

In this video Evan  explains decentralized oracles, is a must watch to understand subquorums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGh43BQrxK0

Quick and possibly daft question on the method for selecting the 10 masternodes. The 10 nodes to handle a transaction are selected by the 10 nearest transaction IDs for the 1000 Dash transaction needed to set up the masternode (I think). Is that vulnerable to the malleability issues Bitcoin is seeing at the mo? ie. could transaction IDs be modified to direct to a small number of malicious masternodes?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's based off the block hash, not the transaction IDs.

All security is inherited from the mining network, which basically is deterministically setting up the quorum system, in a way that is provable. For example when you use DAPI, it will do something like create a transaction from Xaddr1 to Xaddr2 for 10 DASH. You then get back your command, a result status and all of the signatures from the quorum participants. You as the end user will know what quorum is activated for that node already, so you can tell if they're lying.

In terms of scalability, if we have 3300 masternodes and a quorum size of 10, that means we can handle 330 requests at once. If the average time per request is about 100 ms, that means we can do 3300 requests per second. The estimate is based on the fact that the network is also doing maintenance at all times (propagating blocks, shard updates, syncing clients, etc), so I'm guessing ~50% of a fully utilized network will go to other activities. Therefore we end up with 1650 requests per second.

Also we're going to aim for your average every day user, so we're talking just a few requests per month. So how many users can we support if they use 15 requests per month? 86400*1650*30/15 = 285,120,000. Ok, 285 million, that's pretty good.

What about reducing the collateral to 500 DASH? Now we have 6600 masternodes and can handle 570 million users. Isn't the masternode count going up anyway? Yep. That number should hit about 700M about when we launch. This is why it says 500-1500 tx per second, I guess that should say "requests per second" because it's not really accurate. Also the 700M should be a range also, that's the high end, the low end is 285M for current Dash requirements.

I've done a lot of guesswork to figure out these numbers, we'll see how close I am when we start seeing some serious adoption. Either way the system is built to scale with adoption in a way nothing else can, it should be pretty cool. I figure if we start to see a good deal of adoption and usage, we'll always either ask for more storage, processing power or reduce the collateral to split the network before it becomes an issue . They'll be good problems to have and we'll have lots of solutions available.

Bisha

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:48:41 PM

Is there a link about this on dashtalk?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:35:32 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 06:54:20 PM by qwizzie

https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/
The picture is getting a little bit more clear :

What about Dash Evolution?

The reason we’re being quiet about the capabilities of Dash Evolution is we want to buy some time to work on it privately. By the time everyone realizes what we’re making, we’ll be so far along this path,
that no group will be able to implement it fast enough to launch this system before us. Dash Evolution includes many components of what we believe is the perfect platform for growing a new decentralized
economy, built around pure peer-to-peer commerce.

What do we know about Evolution so far?

Evolution is a completely different way of thinking about cryptographic currency. To start, we’ve figured out how to implement an API in such a way that it’s both completely secure and decentralized.
This will allow us to use 5-20 DASH random sub-quorum servers per request, instead of all of them as is the norm with the rest of the cryptographic currencies (each node must process each request individually).
That alone gives us a large leap in technological abilities that none of our competitors have, but combined with our decentralized storage mechanism we can enable large scale support of user-based storage.
This means our users data will live on the network and they can jump from their android Dash wallet, to a browser-based Dash wallet without losing information about their transaction histories, friends or private messages.

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new
type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the
complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”.
The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

If we told everyone within the community every detail, we would steal our own momentum, so we’re going to show a proof of concept of this system in action at Bitcoin Miami. This is quite exciting because this is one
of the largest most influential conferences within the Bitcoin ecosystem and we hope to ignite a lot of interest.

DAPI will also include a vastly improved version of masternode blinding. All requests through the system can be blinded, so that they are redirected through the system to a masternode that doesn’t have any direct
contact with the end user. This is the reason we will not be building masternode-blinding into the v12 client.

Timeline and Milestones

The fact of the matter is that the outside overall community doesn’t have much of an understanding of the Dash project in it’s present state. Our website and pr strategy up to this point has been mostly
to cater to those already in the community. We’re going to retarget our strategy and build a website and pr strategy that is targeted at those outside of the community.
Many of us on the team have experience building companies and marketing to new users, we’re going to utilize this experience over the next few years to bring many new users into our space.

Even without Evolution, we would have done fantastic over the next few years due to Darksend, InstantX, Decentralized Governance and Budgeting and our Virtual Corporation. So we believe it’s key to get this
information about what the Dash project currently is, out in the open and well understood. This means, we actually have a nice window to develop Dash Evolution and we’re not in a hurry to launch it.
In fact, it’s to our benefit to make sure that Dash Evolution is absolutely perfect when we launch.

Milestones

Public Awareness - Phase I  - October 1st, 2015

Utilize the budget system to spread information about the Dash project all over the world. Hit as many conferences as possible, educate people if possible to understand the more technical aspects of Dash so they
can explain it to others.

Start designing a website and portal for all Dash related information to live.

Dash Evolution Development Begins  - October 15th, 2015

I will begin work on the new Dash Evolution framework. This consists of the basic architecture, classes and simply functionality that runs the system.

New Website - January 8th, 2016

The new website will be designed to be the place to go to keep up with Dash, get initiated with our project originally and keep up to date about everything happening in the network as well.
It will also be designed with converting new users into our ecosystem in mind.

Dash Evolution Phase II  - November 7th, 2015

Private internal development will begin on the Dash Evolution framework.

Dash Evolution Demonstration / Phase III - January 21 and/or 22, 2016*

We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

Marketing & Sales Funnels  - February 1st, 2016**

We’re working with some companies to enhance our new-user experience to improve the way they flow through the system to get into our ecosystem.
By February the community should start seeing how all of this works for us.

* qwizzie : this should be the correct dates of the Miami Bitcoin Event in January 2016
** qwizzie : small correction in date

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:12:10 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 08:04:27 PM by qwizzie

Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution at Bitcoin Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw5Gk-iuy0

Published on Oct 22, 2015

This talk was given during the Bitcoin Wednesday conference on 7 October, 2015 when Evan made his "Evolution" announcement.
Evan Duffield is the lead developer and founder of the Dash cryptocurrency.

Q&A session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sNx7SMTP8

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:01:32 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 11:24:46 PM by TPTB_need_war

Well Evan is apparently implementing CoinShuffle in Dash:

https://youtu.be/x5sNx7SMTP8?t=128

https://youtu.be/x5sNx7SMTP8?t=1138

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:41:27 PM

I wrote up an explanation of what I expect Evan is designing.

I think the key point is that this is not block chain scaling, i.e. he isn't reducing and probably instead increasing the load of what has to be stored on the block chain and propagated in winning blocks, because the multi-sigs from the quorum of masternodes has to be recorded on the block chain for each instantly confirmed transaction.

Also I disagree with his claim of 51% attack immunity. Because even if he intends to attain this by having the quorum multi-sig be the objective reality, the problem is many of masternodes can be under control of the same adversary and the masternodes are not required to respond to an instant transaction request, so by refusing to sign the multi-sig they can force instant transactions onto the block chain where the objective reality can be altered by the 51% attack. Also since a 51% attack reorganization can erase a prior chain hash, then any multi-sig issued from a prior chain hash would be illegal in the longer chain and there is no objective reality any more. One can't determine if communication failure or manipulation is the true cause of the reorganization.

Also since the masternodes that are chosen for each transactions are determined on block hash, the spender of the instant transaction has no recourse if the masternodes aren't responding, other than waiting until the next block, which defies the entire point of instant transactions.

I will probably find many other problems in this design.

How can I know these things as if I am reading his mind? Because I designed a decentralized block scaling solution so I know what the issues entail and so I can instantly guess his design and all the holes in his design.

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:49:24 PM

Dash is that the instamined coin where the instamine grows continuously with the aid of the "masternode" scam.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:55:29 PM

Ok, allow failed InstantX transactions to appeal to the next 10 selected masternodes to detect bad actors and flag them.

How do you prove the masternode received your InstantX communication  Wink Thus who is lying the masternode or you?

Truth is, we don't know how he plans to implement it and we won't know until January in Miami, could be the Dash developers solution is very different from your own.

I know. Because I know what is possible within his current design. Watch in January. He will read my post and try to correct the issues, but he can't. It is fundamental to his design choices that were made long ago. No turning back now.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:52:12 AM

This screenshot tells me absolutely nothing besides the fact there will be deterministic nodes to increase TPS and it appears he's going to ask supernode operators to act as price feeds or conflict resolution in gambling results.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░