Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refugee crisis: Germany creaks under strain of open door policy  (Read 654 times)
zenitzz (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:19:47 AM

After the initial euphoria, Germany now faces daily clashes in refugee centres, a rising far-right, a backlog of registrations, and dissent among the ranks of Angela Merkel’s government

The realities of shouldering Europe’s refugee crisis are coming home to Germany, amid daily reports of clashes in asylum seeker homes; bureaucrats overwhelmed by a backlog of registration claims and deep divisions within chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative ranks over how to manage the enormity of the challenge.

Just weeks after Merkel responded to the refugee crisis with the declaration: “Wir schaffen es – We can do it” – the euphoric mood has been replaced by a more sombre response with the realisation that the newcomers are here to stay, with all the consequences that entails.

School authorities are calling for at least 25,000 new teaching recruits to cope with the large numbers of new pupils, police officers are being brought out of retirement in their thousands, and the nation is being scoured for suitable accommodation as winter approaches.

“The welcome parties in Munich, Berlin and elsewhere were great,” said the Munich-based Süddeutsche Zeitung in a recent editorial. “They showed a generous and open Germany of which we can be very proud, headed by a chancellor who seemed to surprise herself with her response, (and) tens of thousands of volunteers ... but now we’re in the stark light of day which consists of overcrowded refugee centres and local authorities and police stretched to their limits.”

Arson attacks on refugee shelters continue on an almost daily basis. Reports of refugees being greeted at the doors of their new homes by neo-Nazis humming Third Reich songs or being pelted with banana skins are not uncommon. There are mounting concerns that elements of the far-right have found new oxygen in the crisis by tapping into ordinary people’s fears that Europe’s largest economy may be unable to cope with the decision to allow so many to take refuge within its borders.

Latest estimates, so far unconfirmed by the government, are that Germany might expect as many as 1.5 million refugees by the end of the year, mostly from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. There are no signs the numbers will let up in the near future, with one government minister warning this week that many women and children can be expected to follow the males who made up the majority of those making the journey first. Merkel’s decision last month to “open the doors”, particularly to Syrian refugees, has attracted growing criticism even within her own party as an estimated 10,000 people continue to arrive every day.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/refugee-crisis-germany-creaks-under-strain-of-open-door-policy
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:39:39 AM

one "fake" angel-ahh-less Wink. why did she went to the soviet union? it's rare...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:33:26 PM

First Merkel said that she was expecting some 500,000 migrants. Then in August she increased the number to 800,000. The next month, she conceded that the number can go up to 1,000,000. And now she is quoting the 1.5 million figure. I am sure that the estimate will continue rising. IMO, Germany will be having 3 million new migrants by the end of 2015.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:59:53 PM

spirit of hitler about to rise up from grave as he said it would

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:22:44 AM

Not surprising when Germany is shouldering the burden almost on her own. It's a pity other countries have not followed her example.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:22:34 AM

Not surprising when Germany is shouldering the burden almost on her own. It's a pity other countries have not followed her example.

Perhaps other countries are still have an active self preservation instinct Smiley. Under the supervision of the left and liberals most of those poor kraut fellas were brainwashed from hardcore berserkers to sheepish lotus eaters in the last 70 years, so I'm not surprised.
frank0929

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:56:42 AM

Merkel will come to Türkiye next Sunday. She wants us to hold all 2 million refugees so she doesn't have to mess with them.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 08:31:53 PM

Wow, this really surprises me. Who would have thought that this would happen?  Roll Eyes Just any person that listens to reason and isn't deluded. The situation will keep getting worse and worse if they keep letting them in. I'm with Hungary. Completely shut down the border, do not let anyone come. We need to stop with this false tolerance and nonsense like "no human is illegal". I've seen writing and I doubt that they're written by anyone smart.

I'm really hoping that you're joking.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
frank0929

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

Wow, this really surprises me. Who would have thought that this would happen?  Roll Eyes Just any person that listens to reason and isn't deluded. The situation will keep getting worse and worse if they keep letting them in. I'm with Hungary. Completely shut down the border, do not let anyone come. We need to stop with this false tolerance and nonsense like "no human is illegal". I've seen writing and I doubt that they're written by anyone smart.

I hope they will bomb your house and you don't have a choice but going to other countries and they reject you and you'll be in dead in Aegean Sea in a boat with 30 other people of your own when you pay double to get out the border and your boat sink and you see your wife and children drowning before you die.

EMPATHY.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 10:27:50 PM

EMPATHY.
This empathy will get your own wife and child raped and/or murdered. If you're going to pay the taxes for me in order to support these guys, go ahead. I do not have plans to work so hard to support random illegal people. Stop being ignorant. Read this thread.
Even Donald Trump (who I do not support at all) knows that this is completely wrong and is going to cause so much harm.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:05:22 PM

EU don't have any responsibility for this when Turkey feed over 2 million Syrians. I hate to see these conformist European people. They think they are shit because they were born in Europe. I hope one day you'll live worse than this situation and become homeless with no money and no hope.

Solution is very easy. Don't support ISIS. Stop the war and there will be no refugees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: