Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Conflicted  (Read 547 times)
plogank (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:02:29 AM

This's a first for me. I have two transactions that instead of showing confirmations it says these transactions are "Conflicted".

What on earth does that mean?

Thanks,

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:24:10 AM

This's a first for me. I have two transactions that instead of showing confirmations it says these transactions are "Conflicted".

Thanks,

not sure what "Conflicted" means exactly (some say it happens when there's a double-spend or malleability attack.). but in this case it's probably caused by the ongoing malleability attacks.

for your reference
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200678.0 (about conflicted transaction). read the second latest post)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1198032.0 (about the ongoing malleability attacks.)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:23:40 AM

Thanks,

Link both TXID link of these transactions. Just out of the blue, this might just be a weird way of saying it was double spent. A TXID look like this; https://blockchain.info/tx-index/3d049c1cc0a8077e12911b7bbb75c2662a2ebf82325d0ccd2e578b545c74010d

This TXID was rejected and has now been deleted, this is probably what will happen to your unconfirmed one.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:27:49 AM

Thanks,

I was surprised by this when it happened to me for the first time as well. This has been a common problem lately and you are safe as long as you don't move around any unconfirmed bitcoins!
This is just the result of someone performing a malleability attack on the blockchain, and it is nothing to worry about for yourself as of this moment, but take the necessary precautions and keep your bitcoins in a safe place.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:07:07 AM

Just don't trust the transaction until it is confirmed. If it was sent from your own wallet, remember to keep the private key- the transaction might end up canceled/disappeared and all coins returned to the original address..
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:09:36 AM

Just don't trust the transaction until it is confirmed. If it was sent from your own wallet, remember to keep the private key- the transaction might end up canceled/disappeared and all coins returned to the original address..

This being said, you should never try to move/use any BTC that is not confirmed. Pending balance is fake, do not believe it.
You can never be too careful, especially when there are global discrepancies active.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: