Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:11:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal just bent me over  (Read 15550 times)
lebing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:43:20 PM

No, they see the sharp increase in funds in the account, that flags you. If I were you I would have them do all sorts of updates on the account, call them and talk to reps and ask them to tweak the mailing address or whatever. This will push you into a different status (I have done it before when they put a hold on my account.) and you will get an email saying you will be notified when the funds are available. And that 180 days will become 45.

Thanks for the tip - to be honest I'm not really worried about it. I'm thinking about it as an investment in a CD with a 6 month turnaround at 100%. Not so bad when you think about it like that =)

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
lebing (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:44:17 PM

There is a way to sell BTC on eBay. Without all the fees. Especially without PayPal (and the concomitant risk of chargebacks and fraud, since PayPal is the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide).

Create listings in Everything Else>Test Auctions>General. There are guidelines for test auctions, that make your listing invalid; nobody bidding on it will get you assessed fees or any liability. Make the listing title start with "TEST- " and in the listing itself, put "TEST - DO NOT BID". Disable PayPal in the payment options, and check some other electronic payment method (that you don't necessarily need to have), as well as Pay On Pickup.

Buyers will ideally just send you eBay messages to work out payment offsite, or you can insert an image with your contact details on it. Face-to-face, cash in mail, and Liberty Reserve are the most secure options for sellers to accept payment.

Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478

Awesome, thanks brother. Much appreciated!

-E Voorhees
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:47:07 PM

No, they see the sharp increase in funds in the account, that flags you. If I were you I would have them do all sorts of updates on the account, call them and talk to reps and ask them to tweak the mailing address or whatever. This will push you into a different status (I have done it before when they put a hold on my account.) and you will get an email saying you will be notified when the funds are available. And that 180 days will become 45.

Thanks for the tip - to be honest I'm not really worried about it. I'm thinking about it as an investment in a CD with a 6 month turnaround at 100%. Not so bad when you think about it like that =)

Yeah I agree, same way I looked at it, havent taken the time to verify another account either. BTW Paypal does not officially check any documentation you send them. They have asked me for proof of ownership from my supplier for things I have sold from around my house before, I just scanned a target receipt and sent it to them and they approved it. Its all for posturing and finding ways to hold onto your funds longer nothing more.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
lebing (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:00:32 AM

Yeah I agree, same way I looked at it, havent taken the time to verify another account either. BTW Paypal does not officially check any documentation you send them. They have asked me for proof of ownership from my supplier for things I have sold from around my house before, I just scanned a target receipt and sent it to them and they approved it. Its all for posturing and finding ways to hold onto your funds longer nothing more.

Lol that is ballsy.

I assumed as much about them holding onto funds.

-E Voorhees
jasinlee

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:16:52 AM

Best pic related to this subject I ever found.

In the years I have gotten paypal accounts verified, then gotten myself frozen, limited, whatever so many times, and ebay always loves me forever. I think the only business paypal gets now days is from older people who dont know of other options and scammers. If they ask you for documentation though, just send it and save yourself the headache. You gotta remember they cant contact these companies you submit documentation relating to you since they are not the person who the accounts belong to so privacy laws protect you. The people who work there are pretty lazy from what I have seen and just pushing it through the system seems to make them happy since you get off the phone.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
beeteecee

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 04:54:25 AM

Got my account closed to day, too. What a bunch of morons they are.

I've got like something left there and they say it will be available in 180 days. But I've read controversial posts. Some say they return, some say they don't. Any ideas?
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:11:21 AM

Any ideas?

Don't use PayPal?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
beeteecee

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:14:31 AM

Funny. I mean the 180 day thing. Sure thing I won't use them again. Looking for a good alternative now
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:14:55 AM

Got my account closed to day, too. What a bunch of morons they are.

I've got like something left there and they say it will be available in 180 days. But I've read controversial posts. Some say they return, some say they don't. Any ideas?
What exactly did you do?
beeteecee

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:22:05 AM

Sold bitcoins for PayPal. I had no chargebacks, however a couple of transactions were on temporary hold by PP for reviewal. One was released because the buyer confirmed it.

The very first transactions were probably the reason as some buyers wrote their bitcoin addresses in notes. After those I asked them to write that they were payments for SEO services, etc. So I didn't reallt do anything super bad.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:26:53 AM

Sold bitcoins for PayPal. I had no chargebacks, however a couple of transactions were on temporary hold by PP for reviewal. One was released because the buyer confirmed it.

The very first transactions were probably the reason as some buyers wrote their bitcoin addresses in notes. After those I asked them to write that they were payments for SEO services, etc. So I didn't reallt do anything super bad.

You didn't do anything "bad" at all. PayPal's just assholes. You can try that trick earlier to change the account around to shake the money lose, but that's the only suggestion I have for you.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:42:19 AM

Funny. I mean the 180 day thing. Sure thing I won't use them again. Looking for a good alternative now

Here is a good alternative to Paypal.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:53:52 AM

There is a way to sell BTC on eBay. Without all the fees. Especially without PayPal (and the concomitant risk of chargebacks and fraud, since PayPal is the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide).
Create listings in Everything Else>Test Auctions>General. There are guidelines for test auctions, that make your listing invalid; nobody bidding on it will get you assessed fees or any liability. Make the listing title start with "TEST- " and in the listing itself, put "TEST - DO NOT BID". Disable PayPal in the payment options, and check some other electronic payment method (that you don't necessarily need to have), as well as Pay On Pickup.
Buyers will ideally just send you eBay messages to work out payment offsite, or you can insert an image with your contact details on it. Face-to-face, cash in mail, and Liberty Reserve are the most secure options for sellers to accept payment.
Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478
Dont you risk your egay account to be suspended?

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
jasinlee

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 06:03:11 AM

Ebay will still let you use the site, just paypal stops letting you use them. Which is stupid since its the same company, but anyway, they always give the money back ... eventually. Just make sure you check in on it after 6 months.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:32:32 AM

I would think less chance of it than the people who sell BTC in the non-test categories.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
adamas
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:48:39 AM

I would think less chance of it than the people who sell BTC in the non-test categories.
The chance doesnt seem to be that slim: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478
[Item 230868571478 is no longer available]

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
adamas
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:29:02 AM

What do you think of this PP alternative? http://www.pppay.com/demo.htm

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:51:16 AM

The chance doesnt seem to be that slim: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478
[Item 230868571478 is no longer available]

I logged out and it's still there. WTF are you talking about?

Still there for me, too.
Btw, this line is hilarious: "I accept cash in mail, or Liberty Reserve (fee $1.43 for all 8 BTC), but absolutely no PayPal - the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide."

adamas
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:16:22 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2012, 02:55:05 PM by adamas

Quote from: TheButterZone
I logged out and it's still there. WTF are you talking about?

i

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:41:12 PM

Sorry for being harsh. Apparently everywhere but the U.S. was excluded from shipping, so it hid the listing from all non-U.S. IPs. It should be visible now.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: