Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:11:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCI-e female-female adapters for Zeus Thunder  (Read 479 times)
Throestyle1 (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:02:10 PM

I received a Thunder X6 off eBay but only received one Female-female converter to connect the pci-e male cables. Does anyone have one to sell(btc) Or point me in the right direction? I do not have a modular PSU so I cannot just connect the male cable from the miner directly to the psu. Thanks all!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:36:34 AM

You really should not be using those as they cause a poor connection and generate heat.  They can get so hot they melt.  That heat, which is wasted electricity, cuts into the efficiency of your power supply causing it to use more electricity and thus increase your electric bill.

The best way to wire it is with cables that run from your PSU all the way to the terminal screws on the hashing boards.  nothing in between, and it will run cool as a cucumber.

Which model did you get?  I have about 30 Zeus miners of various models so i have alot of spare parts.   I can send you whatever we decide you need.

what brand and model PSU do you have?

Are you able to plug into 220V?

I primarily use platinum rated server power supplies.   They are dirt cheap compared to those retail PC/computer PSU's.   Depending of which Zeus model, I can probably fix you up with a server PSU for around $20.  Or maybe all you need is some cables, and I wouldn't charge you anything for those.   Call it professional courtesy.

DUH, i am blind -   Thunder x6   18-20 MHS, 550 watts, 128 chips  ?  is that the one you have?
Throestyle1 (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:22:02 PM

The potential melting and heat is for sure a issue, what I'm using for a PSU is a 700 watt no name PSU which is a separate issue if this miner gets creeping up in the energy consumption. I am using the x6 which is about 18-20 mhs. I really appreciate you assisting I can send BTC to cover the cost I just need one or two female-female pci-e 6pin adapters or cables.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: