Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:18:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs or Cats?  (Read 6630 times)
cointtoo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:06:27 PM

dogs! Wuff!

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
filipwx

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:48:35 PM

I love dogs, but i can't buy one
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:05:06 PM

Nelka4

Activity: 269
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:07:32 PM

Dogs, i have one Cheesy
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:58:04 PM

Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.

A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.

There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.

Approximately 24 cat skins can make a coat.

While it is commonly thought that the ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticate cats, the oldest known pet cat was recently found in a 9,500-year-old grave on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. This grave predates early Egyptian art depicting cats by 4,000 years or more.

During the time of the Spanish Inquisition, Pope Innocent VIII condemned cats as evil and thousands of cats were burned. Unfortunately, the widespread killing of cats led to an explosion of the rat population, which exacerbated the effects of the Black Death.

Did you know that cats has a similar brain to the humans? Cheesy
Umworpol

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:21:30 PM

Both

But i actually hate cat , they are not smarth to take command .
artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:23:50 PM

cats, i have 5 cats at my home..
NETFix

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:16:11 AM

a small cat and few other visiting cats
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:58:30 AM

During the Middle Ages, cats were associated with withcraft, and on St. John’s Day, people all over Europe would stuff them into sacks and toss the cats into bonfires. On holy days, people celebrated by tossing cats from church towers.

Cats are North America’s most popular pets: there are 73 million cats compared to 63 million dogs. Over 30% of households in North America own a cat.

The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocat”) In 1963, France blasted the cat into outer space. Electrodes implanted in her brains sent neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.

The group of words associated with cat (catt, cath, chat, katze) stem from the Latin catus, meaning domestic cat, as opposed to feles, or wild cat.

The term “puss” is the root of the principal word for “cat” in the Romanian term pisica and the root of secondary words in Lithuanian (puz) and Low German puus. Some scholars suggest that “puss” could be imitative of the hissing sound used to get a cat’s attention. As a slang word for the female pudenda, it could be associated with the connotation of a cat being soft, warm, and fuzzy.

Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats in the U.S. annually.

I didn't know the fact that the first cat in space was Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocat”) and also that cats really attack people... Cheesy
svalis47

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:09:11 PM

Cats, but I don't own one, I have a rat.
shido

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:52:24 PM

cats! they are easier to keep in a small apartment.
if i ever get a house with a yard i will get a dog asweel.
Like them a lot but not in the house
bolean785

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:44:12 PM

choose cats. but my grandfather have dog
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:18:46 AM

It's hard to choose. Both have thei benefits, so Ilove and dogs and cats  Smiley

Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:14:54 AM

Definitely dogs IMO because they're just way loyaler than cats.
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:04:02 PM

According to Hebrew legend, Noah prayed to God for help protecting all the food he stored on the ark from being eaten by rats. In reply, God made the lion sneeze, and out popped a cat.

A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.

A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph (49 km) over a short distance.

A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.

Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.

A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat’s scent.

This a very interesting fact! The cats actually are faster then my bike! Cheesy The last time when I was driving my bike as fast as I can I reach the top speed of 35 km/h... haha Grin
Happgirl

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:42:23 AM

I Like cat
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:51:47 AM

Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.

When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would mourn by shaving off their eyebrows. They also held elaborate funerals during which they drank wine and beat their breasts. The cat was embalmed with a sculpted wooden mask and the tiny mummy was placed in the family tomb or in a pet cemetery with tiny mummies of mice.

In 1888, more than 300,000 mummified cats were found an Egyptian cemetery. They were stripped of their wrappings and carted off to be used by farmers in England and the U.S. for fertilizer.

Most cats give birth to a litter of between one and nine kittens. The largest known litter ever produced was 19 kittens, of which 15 survived.

Really!? The body of the cat is able to bring almost 20 cats in her stomach!? Cheesy This was one the most interesting facts that I have found about the cats! Smiley

PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:51:14 PM

Okay, now something about those who loves dogs... Cheesy

It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. It is akin to our vision at dusk.

Dogs DO have better low-light vision than humans because of a special light-reflecting layer behind their retinas.

A German Shepherd guide dog led her blind companion the entire 2100 mile Appalachian Trail.

If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in 6 years!

Dogs’ only sweat glands are between their paw pads.

Like human babies, Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot in their skull which closes with age.

The breed Lundehune has 6 toes and can close its ears.

Teddy Roosevelt’s dog, Pete, ripped a French ambassador’s pants off at the White House.

President Lyndon Johnson had two beagles named Him and Her.

Franklin Roosevelt spent $15,000 for a destroyer to pick up his Scottie in the Aleutian Islands.
el chavo

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:53:56 PM

Lol could the 19 kittehns cat even move? Really impressive
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:10:31 PM

In Roman times, mastiffs donned light armor and were sent after mounted knights.

The Russians trained dogs during WWII to run suicide missions with mines strapped to their backs.

A dog’s mouth exerts 150-200 pounds of pressure per square inch.

With some dogs exerting up to 450 pounds per square inch.

A one year old dog is as mature, physically, as a 15 year old human.

The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world.

France has the 2nd highest.

The average city dog lives 3 years longer than a country dog.

87% of dog owners say their dog curls up beside them or at their feet while they watch T.V.

Dogs can be trained to detect epileptic seizures.

This is one of the most interesting facts! I used think that the differences between the humans age is around 7 years, but it was x2. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: