Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:54:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP SUPPORTING CRIMINALS AND SCAMMERS  (Read 3748 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 06:21:24 PM

Nobody is ignoring it, in fact everybody here who has been here before you has been consistently warning about scammers and ponzi schemes since Bitcoin became more known and advertised to the public. No, people like you need to stop coming in here and trying to run the show, many people here are free market advocates regardless of political affiliation and care a great deal about freedom of speech and expression.

So in English that means regardless of your personal feelings on the matter no we shouldn't go around rabidly banning and stamping down on what people are posting up, we can't prevent stupid people from throwing their money away to begin with because they're stupid, they'll ignore any advice given, so for fucks sake like I've said to so many people before you keep your arrogant and protectionist attitude to yourself.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 06:29:57 PM

I doubt that it is the forums job to babysit you while you try to conduct trades with random strangers that are hidden under a pseudonym or while you invest/use/install random coins that end up being a pump and dump/virus/etc. If you get scammed online I could say that in most cases it is your own fault. I've been here for longer than 2 years and I have never had this problem. The forum's policy is what it is and it is okay for now.

Arguably, a Bitcoin discussion forum could do without gambling, ponzi promotion, selling of warez and stolen gift cards, hacked/farmed bitcointalk accounts, etc., etc.
Just spitballing here...
Gambling is okay. 'Digital goods' != warez and stolen gift cards. Even if selling accounts was against the rules, there's no way to properly enforce that (e.g. trades via PM).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
eneilwex

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 07:50:27 PM

It's a shame to see people ranting about these continuous scamming that happens in this forum yet they ignore the forum section dedicated to this kind of problem.

Arguably, a Bitcoin discussion forum could do without gambling, ponzi promotion, selling of warez and stolen gift cards, hacked/farmed bitcointalk accounts, etc., etc.
Just spitballing here...

Since when did gambling become a criminal activity?

I think the forum can do more to combat fraud, but @ what cost? funds and who's time? users should always be wary, and can do more too, to protect themselves.

Known scam accounts should for example have their pm's disabled...and ability to create new threads taken away.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 08:05:35 PM

In certain countries (e.g. US) it is illegal to gamble online.

But that begs the question as to whose laws are we going to follow?

eneilwex

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 08:10:52 PM

Well fortunately I dont live in the USA, and in the EU its not a problem. Gambling is not illegal in the US. online gambline is. And it wont be for long.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

THIS FORUM SHOULD STOP ALLOWING CRIMINALS AND SCAMMERS TO USE THIS AS A WAY TO MAKE THEIR RIP OFF THEIVING CRIMINAL OPERATIONS APPEAR MORE LEGIT 

TFW you realize the people running these forums act like criminals.
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 08:58:54 PM

and in the EU its not a problem.

Try to open Your sites under italian IP, You will find new things for Your mind.

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:50:35 PM

something can be illegal in your country and not in mine...
for example weed....
other thins can be tollerated in one's but illegal in another... for example the alcohol ...
I think that a "ponzi" section need to be stopped!
"investor-based games" has get a lot of big scam sites....

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:13:54 PM

tldr:
Op tries moneypot, discovers game is rigged after losing $25
OP not happy
Unfortunately for MP and all of you,  I have the skills, experience, and knowledge to take MP offline for good and hopefully, with any luck (haha get it),  obtain their BTC private keys and rob them blind like they did to me.   

OP tries Diggit.io, loses $12 when admin goes awol
OP not happy
I WILL FIND THESE TWO ASSHOLES OLDMATE AND CRYTPOSCAMMER AND MURDER THEIR ENTIRE FAMILY IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEN TORTURE AND MURDER THEM TOO. 

OP decides 2+2=5 and decides it's all BITCOINTALK'S FAULT

contacting anyone on this worthless forum just leads to a bunch of nerds responding and no response from any actual support person who operates diggit......So you are just accelerating the inevitable,   the liquidation of bitcoin as a whole, and the end of this whole ridiculous crytpo fad.

Everyone should report Diggit to the US authorities.  

Report bitcointalk too as they are complicit in this criminal operation.

Sympathy for your loss of ~$37, but isn't the reaction slightly ott?

<snip stuff>Those scammers are immediately tagged with -ve trust which becomes quite obvious and then their sites and the people themselves are no longer trusted<snip stuff>

Nobody has bothered to do this with Diggit.io, the main reason for OP's wrath, which is showing all the signs of being abandoned by its admin (and suffering major withdrawal problems) Cryptofuture (quite apt name, seeing as he appears to have been thinking ahead)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=165520
and accomplice oldmate (another apt name for Diggit #1 Investor) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=401759
who apparently impressed one of our Hero members enough to inspire
"This person deserve my complete trust"
If you read the thread there's a few Heros who don't really look very heroic, in hindsight....
Funny world the gambling scene, lending in troll boxes; Satoshi would be proud.

Anyway, I have left negative for the two of them so far, only mine won't make much difference but should be done by DT member really.
If they have run off with the amounts talked about, they won't be selling the accounts or using them again but still, we got to show we care, don't we?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 10:21:03 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 10:42:15 PM by knightdk

<snip stuff>Those scammers are immediately tagged with -ve trust which becomes quite obvious and then their sites and the people themselves are no longer trusted<snip stuff>

Nobody has bothered to do this with Diggit.io, the main reason for OP's wrath, which is showing all the signs of being abandoned by its admin (and suffering major withdrawal problems) Cryptofuture (quite apt name, seeing as he appears to have been thinking ahead)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=165520
and accomplice oldmate (another apt name for Diggit #1 Investor) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=401759
who apparently impressed one of our Hero members enough to inspire
"This person deserve my complete trust"
If you read the thread there's a few Heros who don't really look very heroic, in hindsight....
Funny world the gambling scene, lending in troll boxes; Satoshi would be proud.

Anyway, I have left negative for the two of them so far, only mine won't make much difference but should be done by DT member really.
If they have run off with the amounts talked about, they won't be selling the accounts or using them again but still, we got to show we care, don't we?
Guess I will open up a scam accusation if no one else does once I gather some data for it.

edit:
Here is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205470.0

It would be great if people could help get some info on these guys to include in the thread. Then have some people on DT to neg them.

bitbollo
Legendary

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:39:07 PM

yes remain in topic, for a specific problem open a topic, also is better for other user contribute to the cause.
In this topic a few person can have an interest in this situation... open a topic in scam accusation, is much better.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 10:49:20 PM

Bitcoin is meant to create economic freedom. If you aren't responsible enough to protect yourself from scams, you should avoid using it.
As for the label people give to Bitcoin users, it doesn't matter.

People also use cash or credit fraud to commit crimes.

True...True!  However, when the majority of crypto-currency users are thieves, then what does one do with the bitcoin they are holding?  Bitcoin is pretty much a thing of the past, and another government insured, re-centralized, state regulated digital currency needs to take its place if bitcoin cannot govern itself.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 10:54:37 PM

It IS NOT illegal to gamble online in the US; however, it IS illegal for banks to transact with known gambling sites in the US.
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:56:14 PM

True...True!  However, when the majority of crypto-currency users are thieves, then what does one do with the bitcoin they are holding?  Bitcoin is pretty much a thing of the past, and another government insured, re-centralized, state regulated digital currency needs to take its place if bitcoin cannot govern itself.
Are you sure about that, that a majority of cryptocurrency users are thieves? Where is your proof?

And how would a centralized currency be any better than fiat? Why would a government go with a their own crypto when they can just use current fiat paper money? With fiat, nothing is public, so the government can do whatever corrupt stuff that they do and embezzle money while with an actual cryptocurrency, they would need to clean their act up.
bitbollo
Legendary

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:01:43 PM

in italy you can gamble with money only in AAMS authorized sites.
Maybe you can't bet one day in btc, or a site if offer the possibilities to pay with fiat money will be considered outlaw, and everyone will accept a bet by their will make an irregular bet.
But actually there is no any law, people can bet but you can't never open a place to accept this bet.
The point of the topic is against criminals (like who sell stoled account) and scammer (like who tries every time to ask for a loan and go away, or post stupid cloud mining site/ponzi), maybe a more control by the user with experience can help newbies to avoid get scammed or robbed.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:04:52 PM

Nobody is ignoring it, in fact everybody here who has been here before you has been consistently warning about scammers and ponzi schemes since Bitcoin became more known and advertised to the public. No, people like you need to stop coming in here and trying to run the show, many people here are free market advocates regardless of political affiliation and care a great deal about freedom of speech and expression.

So in English that means regardless of your personal feelings on the matter no we shouldn't go around rabidly banning and stamping down on what people are posting up, we can't prevent stupid people from throwing their money away to begin with because they're stupid, they'll ignore any advice given, so for fucks sake like I've said to so many people before you keep your arrogant and protectionist attitude to yourself.

I agree with you on your point.  However, I do believe that developers accounts which have shown themselves to be thieves should be vetted in some way.  For example, accounts such as this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158117.0 which offer crowdfunds then run with a great deal of peoples money, should not be allowed to keep coming back to do it again.  In fact, I can see somebody getting hurt really bad soon.  What will that do for the movement?
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:09:22 PM

I agree with you on your point.  However, I do believe that developers accounts which have shown themselves to be thieves should be vetted in some way.  For example, accounts such as this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158117.0 which offer crowdfunds then run with a great deal of peoples money, should not be allowed to keep coming back to do it again.  In fact, I can see somebody getting hurt really bad soon.  What will that do for the movement?
How do you know that that person will run with the money? You don't know until it happens. There is risk in everything, some people are stupid enough to take the risk and invest in that, other people are not. There is also a thing called the trust system and scam accusations. Use those and get scammers marked with red trust so people don't buy into whatever they are doing.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:12:06 PM

THIS FORUM SHOULD STOP ALLOWING CRIMINALS AND SCAMMERS TO USE THIS AS A WAY TO MAKE THEIR RIP OFF THEIVING CRIMINAL OPERATIONS APPEAR MORE LEGIT  (example:  Diggit.io uses this as the "support contact" for their site which is a criminal operation that steals your deposits and doesn't let you withdraw and contacting anyone on this worthless forum just leads to a bunch of nerds responding and no response from any actual support person who operates diggit).

Your site relies on bitcoin existing, if bitcoin didn't exist this site wouldn't exist.

By facilitating bitcoin criminals and bitcoin scammers and scam sites, you are shooting yourself in the foot because eventually,  as more people find and use bitcoin, they will realize it's nothing but a medium for criminals and scam artists to rob people.   So you are just accelerating the inevitable,   the liquidation of bitcoin as a whole, and the end of this whole ridiculous crytpo fad.

And you are building animosity among the community of bitcoin users by facilitating and marking yourselves as criminals and scammers,  thus destroying your own legitimacy.

Stupid any way you look at it.

You're looking at things all wrong and are pretending like there isn't scammers/criminals on every major forum involving transactions/services/exchanges. Bitcoin is not a "fad", and it is not strictly a medium for criminals. Most of the USD a few years back had cocaine residue on them, does that not make everyone who touches them "marked criminals"? It sounds like you had an unfortunate experience and that happens, but you need to formulate a claim and support it with evidence in the proper section.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:14:20 PM

Are you sure about that, that a majority of cryptocurrency users are thieves? Where is your proof?

And how would a centralized currency be any better than fiat? Why would a government go with a their own crypto when they can just use current fiat paper money? With fiat, nothing is public, so the government can do whatever corrupt stuff that they do and embezzle money while with an actual cryptocurrency, they would need to clean their act up.

The impression is that bitcoin is used to engage in illegal, immoral, or otherwise "dark market activities."  There is not much real world advantage to using bitcoin over fiat other than engaging in fast, secret, or otherwise "shady dealings."  Governments could remedy the shady transactions by issuing their own cryptocurrency to allow for the exchange of digital goods and to allow for smart contract capabilities among the digitized public.  And, I believe that will be the direction the technology will take.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:21:23 PM

How do you know that that person will run with the money? You don't know until it happens. There is risk in everything, some people are stupid enough to take the risk and invest in that, other people are not. There is also a thing called the trust system and scam accusations. Use those and get scammers marked with red trust so people don't buy into whatever they are doing.

All I'm saying is that once they do it once, they should be vetted out somehow.  I mean, if we wanted to catch this guy and show him our baseball bat, where would we find him?  Hiding behind a bitcointalk account of course!....That's their protection.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: