Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain "warranty"  (Read 3225 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:07:29 AM

They would not have a need to get caught up had they communicated with us prior to going on vacation.
It would shock me to see companies I do business with to go on vacation knowing they had a major issue and would not be shipping product on time. There are very few industries where this would resemble anything close to acceptable, and when you are talking about a box which literally makes currency it certainly is not acceptable.

If they had communicated there would not be as many posts or threads.
snip

I agree overall after reading compensation for S7 batch 1.  It was suprising to say the least.  I was expecting 100+ on coupons and they did not choose this route.

This is not to do with the customer service but the break.  I fell like it's a different culture on the holiday they truly meant it as a holiday giving employees the day's off.  Which would normally work fine. But the time the holiday was during was pretty awful luck on timing.  Could not have been much worse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 10:28:37 AM

There are some silly things here.

If they had communicated there would not be as many posts or threads.
It was a public holiday, no one was working. Its like getting annoyed that Comcast didn't reply to your 16 emails over Thanksgiving.

I hope no one is fooled by this coupon concept.
You are welcome to take your business elsewhere if you think that coupons are some giant conspiracy.

It is as good as saying out loud through an announcement they have been hashing right along with a full load of S7 miners.
No one knows if its actually know its pure S7s, they might offset low hash rate with previous gen stuff and pay for the extra power themselves.

It is and has been an unwritten understanding in the community that when you order batch one that you would receive some form of benefits.
You agreed to purchase something in batch 1. The subsequent selling of a batch 2, 3 or 800 has no impact on your agreement to purchase that batch 1 product.

Imagine you are a miner who is barely scraping by every month and just took a loan to pay for a huge S7 order and now you are way behind on hashing to pay that first loan payment.
Then you would have made a bad decision taking a out loan to fund an already extreme risk venture.

You do not go on vacation, even a national one, you ask for volunteers from any department needed and you pay them double-time.
You know that's not how it works. The entire country stops and vacates.

You can go back and allow people to take staggered time off
You don't allow people to take off public holidays.

torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:44:54 AM

dogie: Do you work for Bitmain?

I guess they shut down the internet as well in China, since they can't work overtime and answer customers over e-mail..
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

dogie: Do you work for Bitmain?
No.

I guess they shut down the internet as well in China, since they can't work overtime and answer customers over e-mail.

It was a public holiday, no one was working. Its like getting annoyed that Comcast didn't reply to your 16 emails over Thanksgiving.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:26:24 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 11:59:07 PM by sloopy

He did work for bitmain and Dogie you have always presented a skewed view for bitmain. You run panting to their defense even when they apologize for many things you've said and done, but hey, keep being that faithful lapdog. I'm sure they will throw you a few treats.

BTW, what I meant when I said we haven't heard anything, is they knew well before the Holiday there were problems. You say what you want, but there are very few idiots who have been here every day keeping up with every post who will think they did not know there was a problem before they went on vacation.
The fact they knew there were problems and still not only chose to take their vacation rather than take care of customers, they didn't say anything about it which causes even more complaints when the units roll in.

A real company would have taken care of their customers, and yes, there are plenty of companies who answer the phone on thanksgiving.
Bitmain is nothing compared to comcast, nowhere near the size, the volume, nadda. Compare apples to apples, how many employees does bitmain have and how much do they care about their customers?

You can message the helpdesk and get told to email info@bitmaintech and then be ignored for a while.
They could have handled this much better and no amount of your awful analogies will change the facts.

Be a good boy and go back to working for bitmain. Wait, you don't anymore right? I bet that was one of those "mutual" breakups wasn't it?

Good boy, run along and squat to pee, but don't start fucking with me. Your missy little hall monitor ass already has half this forum hating you and you get a handful of people to run to your defense any little time someone tells you how it is, stop being a nancy puppy. If you want to start with me you haven't thought things through because I am not someone who is going to play that game with you. I don't play and I don't whine to the moderators. You start bringing me into your little nonsensical half baked bullshit ideas you express here and I will teach you how to pee standing up boy.

You were that kid no one liked in the corner weren't you? The one who didn't know what hygiene is? The one who always wanted to run that d-licker to make it sound like you know something when you really only knew enough buzzwords to string together a sentence but if it was anyone who knew about the subject they could tell you were full of shit?

Those are life decisions where common sense is involved. Have some humility if you understand what that is and think before you type. It must suck to be in whatever relationship you are trying to get with bitmain. I actually feel sorry for you in that regard. Either you just need the money that bad, or you really believe half the shit you spout. I don't know which is more sad.

Make sure you click report so you can whine about how you get picked on in school and it brings back the bad memories so mommy will make them go away.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:48:13 AM

He did work for bitmain and Dogie you have always presented a skewed view for bitmain. You run panting to their defense even when they apologize for many things you've said and done, but hey, keep being that faithful lapdog. I'm sure they will throw you a few treats.

BTW, what I meant when I said we haven't heard anything, is they knew well before the Holiday there were problems. You say what you want, but there are very few idiots who have been here every day keeping up with every post who will think they did not know there was a problem before they went on vacation.
The fact they knew there were problems and still not only chose to take their vacation rather than take care of customers, they didn't say anything about it which causes even more complaints when the units roll in.

A real company would have taken care of their customers, and yes, there are plenty of companies who answer the phone on thanksgiving.
Bitmain is nothing compared to comcast, nowhere near the size, the volume, nadda. Compare apples to apples, how many employees does bitmain have and how much do they care about their customers?

You can message the helpdesk and get told to email info@bitmaintech and then be ignored for a while.
They could have handled this much better and no amount of your awful analogies will change the facts.

Be a good boy and go back to working for bitmain. Wait, you don't anymore right? I bet that was one of those "mutual" breakups wasn't it?

Good boy, run along and squat to pee, but don't start fuckign with me. Your missy little hall monitor ass already has half this forum hating you and you get a handful of people to run to your defense any little time someone tells you how it is, stop being a nancy puppy. If you want to start with me you haven't thought things through because I am not someone who is going to play that game with you. I don't play and I don't whine to the moderators. You start bringing me into your little nonsensical half baked bullshit ideas you express here and I will teach you how to pee standing up boy.

You were that kid no one liked in the corner weren't you? The one who didn't know what hygiene is? The one who always wanted to run that d-licker to make it sound like you know something when you really only knew enough buzzwords to string together a sentence but if it was anyone who knew about the subject they could tell you were full of shit?

Those are life decisions where common sense is involved. Have some humility if you understand what that is and think before you type. It must suck to be in whatever relationship you are trying to get with bitmain. I actually feel sorry for you in that regard. Either you just need the money that bad, or you really believe half the shit you spout. I don't know which is more sad.

Make sure you click report so you can whine about how you get picked on in school and it brings back the bad memories so mommy will make them go away.

They were moving support to https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us with tickets.  Not sure how far they made it on it.  I kinda feel they get so many emails they never fully made the trasition.  I would agree if they had a more concrete help desk type system it would be much better.

I am not a fan of their recent moves on compensation.   But we gave them the trust to do it.  There was no solid TOS or anything that protected us.  We kinda went in blind and suspected if anything was truly late they would fix it..... so it gave them full power on it.  They choose a pretty crappy compensation no doubt.  But there is not much we can do. 

I mean it's already midday Monday in China.  If bitmain wanted to come out and say "Were sorry heres some coupons" or anything they could have.    I hate it but I feel no amount of these threads or posts will change their mind. 
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:45:01 PM

They were moving support to https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us with tickets.  Not sure how far they made it on it.  I kinda feel they get so many emails they never fully made the trasition.  I would agree if they had a more concrete help desk type system it would be much better.

I am not a fan of their recent moves on compensation.   But we gave them the trust to do it.  There was no solid TOS or anything that protected us.  We kinda went in blind and suspected if anything was truly late they would fix it..... so it gave them full power on it.  They choose a pretty crappy compensation no doubt.  But there is not much we can do.  

I mean it's already midday Monday in China.  If bitmain wanted to come out and say "Were sorry heres some coupons" or anything they could have.    I hate it but I feel no amount of these threads or posts will change their mind.  

Zendesk is not for EU buyers..

I received today from China S5+ NEW fan and repaired S5+ blade. 5 blade from my 2x S5+ are still in China.

Click to enlarge

Dark and smoky radiators are not from my miner. Perhaps from some of the S7 . But they are definitely from some bad burned miner. Burned with flame and smoke.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:10:30 PM

They were moving support to https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us with tickets.  Not sure how far they made it on it.  I kinda feel they get so many emails they never fully made the trasition.  I would agree if they had a more concrete help desk type system it would be much better.

I am not a fan of their recent moves on compensation.   But we gave them the trust to do it.  There was no solid TOS or anything that protected us.  We kinda went in blind and suspected if anything was truly late they would fix it..... so it gave them full power on it.  They choose a pretty crappy compensation no doubt.  But there is not much we can do.  

I mean it's already midday Monday in China.  If bitmain wanted to come out and say "Were sorry heres some coupons" or anything they could have.    I hate it but I feel no amount of these threads or posts will change their mind.  

Zendesk is not for EU buyers..

I received today from China S5+ NEW fan and repaired S5+ blade. 5 blade from my 2x S5+ are still in China.

Click to enlarge

Dark and smoky radiators are not from my miner. Perhaps from some of the S7 . But they are definitely from some bad burned miner. Burned with flame and smoke.

Interesting sad to seem them use parts like that.   I would hope they would at least clean them or something.

I feel sorry for EU buyers as zendesk is pretty nice few times I had to use it.  Did the blade seem to run fine after they sent it back?  What are the results?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 09:20:22 AM

Zendesk is not for EU buyers. I received today from China S5+ NEW fan and repaired S5+ blade. 5 blade from my 2x S5+ are still in China.

Click to enlarge

The picture you've provided shows absolutely no evidence of "burned with flame and smoke". Did you upload the right one?

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:51:49 PM

Zendesk is not for EU buyers. I received today from China S5+ NEW fan and repaired S5+ blade. 5 blade from my 2x S5+ are still in China.

Click to enlarge

The picture you've provided shows absolutely no evidence of "burned with flame and smoke". Did you upload the right one?

dogie- Go back to your kennel and  bark there.

Images can not transmit the smell of burnt, that came unscrewing the bubble wrap.

second image

Click to enlarge

Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:00:14 PM

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:37:06 PM

Images can not transmit the smell of burnt, that came unscrewing the bubble wrap. second image

Still nothing useful as to proving a board was "burnt with flame and smoke". If you're saying its due to the smell then its probably from someone unglueing heatsinks off a dead board with a torch. If you're saying that the dark ones are a different color because they've been in a fire, that's even more ridiculous - its nickel plating.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:52:19 PM

The only solution to this is for people to stop buying their overpriced, used & abused products, which nearly no one seems to be willing to do.  You will have no luck complaining to a Company like Bitmain when they are selling miners as fast as they can remove them from their farm.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:48:31 PM

Still nothing useful as to proving a board was "burnt with flame and smoke". If you're saying its due to the smell then its probably from someone unglueing heatsinks off a dead board with a torch. If you're saying that the dark ones are a different color because they've been in a fire, that's even more ridiculous - its nickel plating.

The dark one are different color , because they are not cleaned and sooty.

New and better pictures with macro  shot will come, if I get a few more S5+ blades  back from  China.
5pc have not been shipped yet.  Expect new surprises, and the  miracles of Bitmain Repair Service.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:33:28 PM

New and better pictures with macro  shot will come, if I get a few more S5+ blades  back from  China.
5pc have not been shipped yet.  Expect new surprises, and the  miracles of Bitmain Repair Service.

I still am not sure if I was really lucky or you got a dud.  I uploaded a image again I'm at 16 day's without issues.   

I've had great lucky with my S5+.   Still all hashing modules work great.   I have had no issues.  Only weird thing is if I run it for 2 weeks or so with low hardware errors it shows negative hw errors.  So it's equation long term has a error in it when low HW errors.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 07:42:20 PM

At this point I have to assume you're trolling or shilling, because you're a grown ass man with a technical profession claiming that the nickel coated heatsinks are actually "covered in soot".

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:52:53 PM

At this point I have to assume you're trolling or shilling, because you're a grown ass man with a technical profession claiming that the nickel coated heatsinks are actually "covered in soot".

Click to enlarge

Here,  On this picture is only pure  aluminum radiators. Let your eyeglasses prescription renewed.

Nickel coated heatsinks are on the  other side of the blade.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

Nickel coated heatsinks are on the  other side of the blade.

Clean one then. If you're honestly trying to claim they're that color because they're dirty, clean one and show us.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:26:05 PM

Click to enlarge

Here,  On this picture is only pure  aluminum radiators. Let your eyeglasses prescription renewed.

Nickel coated heatsinks are on the  other side of the blade.

Just ignore him Tupsu.
He isn't happy unless he is being the bitmain fanboy of the year.
He is probably still getting paid under the table by bitmain for various things.
No matter how many times they openly state to the forum he doesn't represent bitmain and has been an embarrassment, privately, they probably still use him and laugh at the stupidity he wallows in as they do so.
It is pretty simple actually. If he was an asset and had any knowledge then they would have him onboard, and praise him. For the most part he pisses people off, especially once people learn the absurd advice he gives while always arguing over stupid little things which have little to no bearing on anything.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences Tupsu and look forward to more updates of the mining gear you purchase.
The Avalon warranty starts the day you receive it. Do you have any inside scope on picking up some of those? If so, I would be interested in going in with you. I want to get at least a couple right away, but I may get more to meet a 'MOQ'.

Pic looks like soot on heatsinks to me.
I have components of different products which are nickel coated. If there is not a friction point the coating is a superb idea in a saltwater environment. Even 20 miles away from it, it makes a difference. Every "Mild Steel" you purchase, or aluminum, or stainless, whatever has a certain nickel content. Along with Chromium, Iron, etc.

Nickel coating over other materials is and has been a common manufacturing process for thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of years. This is a requirement if you have a potential exposure to a volatile environment where the potential exposure to saltwater environments exists.

Maybe Bitmain built a batch to go to a huge farm close to the sea and had some heatsinks left over?
Anything is possible.
I wouldn't call Tupsu a liar unless I had facts to back me up. I might ask him to take close up pictures of the nickel coating, if, IF, I even fucking cared. Some people do not need facts, they simply spout off whatever and whenever. Eventually, some people have enough of that shit and call it out. Because Tupsu called someone out they want to follow him around whining like a little bitch.
I have no reason to doubt him, he has always been honest in everything I have read. I won't say he, or anyone hasn't made a mistake, but I know for myself, again, who cares, we all do.

In closing I would have to say for the people who love to run in riding the dog. Simply read back and see what he has done in this thread, and then, check out a couple of these. Quite entertaining:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0

Don't spend all of your time in one or the other of those threads. It will burn you out seeing the same crap time after time.
What they do not provide are enough specific examples of the bad information he has given people but it doesn't take much reading back through the posts to see all of the times he does exactly what he did in this thread. Post behind someone trying to make them look unintelligent without any reasons at all. If Tupsu has been guilty of anything it has been due to a language issue, but the mutt wants to badger and badger without any realistic reason. People like Tupsu are valuable to our community. He actually does things with equipment and posts about it. Maybe Tupsu should regurgitate the manufacturer specifications and clutter the forum with such.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:40:40 PM

Clean one then. If you're honestly trying to claim they're that color because they're dirty, clean one and show us.

I cleaned them all, not just one. Already when I got back to the rest of the two blades from repair.
But I'm not trying to prove anything.

You are here this person who  are all suspects.

I am satisfied with the guarantee.

I packed today 3 x S7 of over heating  burn out blades to ship them back to China. And I also got UPS shipping label.

S5 + is for me already forgotten phase. All work perfectly in the end. They work for me as single cubes with S7 controller each of cubes. I found them a place where electricity is 0.08 euro kW/h and they are used for heating.

2 units are still for sale

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: