Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 3163 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:32:42 AM

Does Monero have any plans of trading more on other platforms besides Poloniex?

Monero trades on cryptsy, bittrex, bter, and probably others I'm forgetting. It can also be exchanged via shapeshift and xmr.to (the latter, one direction). Where people choose to do business is up to them. I guess the exchanges that provide the best service will get the most business.

As a project we are neutral, and we help anyone who wants to support Monero. I've personally helped bter with their Monero stuff and cryptsy and shapeshift have also been on irc getting help from core team members and other knowledgable developers and community members.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 01:51:45 PM

and u forgot one of the most important pieces of data regarding the state of monero.

get a screenshot of this

http://moneroblocks.eu/stats

and to understand how damning this is, read

https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

and to checkout how close we are to implementing this, see

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:23:32 AM

Monero trades on cryptsy, bittrex, bter, and probably others I'm forgetting. It can also be exchanged via shapeshift and xmr.to (the latter, one direction). Where people choose to do business is up to them. I guess the exchanges that provide the best service will get the most business.

As a project we are neutral, and we help anyone who wants to support Monero. I've personally helped bter with their Monero stuff and cryptsy and shapeshift have also been on irc getting help from core team members and other knowledgable developers and community members.

So you are neutral about Poloniex having an separate XMR market?

That seems quite advantageous to just be neutral about it.

Do you foresee "actively" trading on the other exchanges XMR is registered at?

Having separate markets is something of a normal practice for exchanges. Poloniex used to have LTC markets but were discontinued because no-one used them. Their decision to replace LTC with XMR proved profitable, and ultimately that's what drives the motivations of any exchange.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:36:57 AM

So you are neutral about Poloniex having an separate XMR market?

Personally I really don't care what markets they have. I'm happy to let market participants work out what they want to do. That is just my opinion. (Not that they need my approval anyway.)

I'm not aware of the core team or any of the other core team members taking any action or expressing any opinions about it being particularly important.

We generally support whatever anyone wants to do with Monero, as long as it doesn't appear harmful.

Do you foresee "actively" trading on the other exchanges XMR is registered at?

Me personally? I've used some of the other exchanges on occasion, but I don't trade XMR actively, or trade anything actively at the moment.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: