Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: G3N INFORMATION PLATFORM  (Read 51369 times)
Gribbliest

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:25:42 PM

Also, feel free to add nodes:
addnode=node1.genstake.com
addnode=node2.genstake.com
addnode=node3.genstake.com
addnode=node4.genstake.com
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:37:22 PM

Added a new block explorer:
http://blockexplorer.genstake.com

Thank you for providing a block explorer, much appreciated.
Have some merit on me  Wink

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:35:28 AM

Yobit wallet again in maintenance mode since week. Asking when they will re-enable I got this reply from them:

Dear User!

Support answer:

Wallet  is on maintenance.
The solution to this cryptocurrency will take some time, need to update the wallet.
We apologize for any inconvenience

Hopefully Novaexchange reopens soon..

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:35:50 AM

Novaexchange has just re-enabled deposits on all coins for its existing users.
Finally again an exchange with working deposits and withdrawals!

Yay!

fragilefungi

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:38:05 AM

wallet tends to crash easily lately, both linux and win,
no exchange can tolerate that for long

I did notice that my linux wallet did crash yesterday and had to be restarted.  It has been pretty stable running on my orange pi over the last few months though.  The windows wallet seems to be fairly stable once it is synced, although when it is loading blocks it does seem to crash.  My biggest complaint about the windows wallet is that it seems to use a lot of cpu resources and stops responding/hangs up/lags.

Mining on this coin is currently over 540MH/s so it is far from dead.

XMG tips: 9HTdqWpuJpTx51dpskb6XASXPg2GLkD2jL

Best small coin exchange is cryptopia! Sign up and trade!
fragilefungi

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:47:25 AM

Yobit wallet again in maintenance mode since week. Asking when they will re-enable I got this reply from them:

Dear User!

Support answer:

The solution to this cryptocurrency will take some time, need to update the wallet.

I had a few coins that I sent to yobit 5 weeks ago when the wallet was on maintenance that got confirmed yesterday.  This is very interesting because it means that their wallet was syncing blocks recently and therefore was connected to someone.  The yobit wallet worked so well for so long it is sad.  It might have something to do with the connections that their wallet is making.  Yobit exchange wallets do not accept incoming connections and the nodes have to be hard-coded into the wallet. If the wallet that yobit tries to connect to is down, their wallet will remain down.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

Dear User!

Support answer:

I had a few coins that I sent to yobit 5 weeks ago when the wallet was on maintenance that got confirmed yesterday.  This is very interesting because it means that their wallet was syncing blocks recently and therefore was connected to someone.  The yobit wallet worked so well for so long it is sad.  It might have something to do with the connections that their wallet is making.  Yobit exchange wallets do not accept incoming connections and the nodes have to be hard-coded into the wallet. If the wallet that yobit tries to connect to is down, their wallet will remain down.

I run one of three seed nodes for genstake and mine has been constantly up and accepting connections all the time. Right now I have 13 connections on this node, all incoming.
Yobit has a long tradition of holding coins in maintenance for weeks and months, often these coins then get pumped while deposits and withdraws are disabled.

Also my genstake node runs perfectly stable since day 1. But if you also stake it takes up quite a bit of resources, I would say you need at least 2-3GB RAM dedicated to genstake wallet and also the staking does use a good amount of cpu load (like every staking coin!).

Mike The Great

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:10:14 PM

https://discord.gg/fCQujMd

G3nStake discord channel
fragilefungi

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:24:01 PM

I run one of three seed nodes for genstake and mine has been constantly up and accepting connections all the time. Right now I have 13 connections on this node, all incoming.
Yobit has a long tradition of holding coins in maintenance for weeks and months, often these coins then get pumped while deposits and withdraws are disabled.

Also my genstake node runs perfectly stable since day 1. But if you also stake it takes up quite a bit of resources, I would say you need at least 2-3GB RAM dedicated to genstake wallet and also the staking does use a good amount of cpu load (like every staking coin!).

I only use the windows wallet to manage it now.  The orange pi pc+ I am using has 1 gb of ram and only cost $30 with the case.  The power consumption and hardware cost is so low that I feel that it is worth the investment to have dedicated hardware for all staking wallets.

I totally agree with you about yobit.  I think there is a chance that their wallet works perfectly fine, but they just lost some coins to dice and are keeping it offline until they make it back staking.

The number of connections that you have makes me think that it could be a problem with the wallet.  I used to always be able to get over 10 connections.  My windows wallet has been open a day now and it only has 4 connections, and one of those is me.  The linux wallet only had 2 connections until I did getpeerinfo on the windows wallet and added them to the .conf file on the linux wallet with connect=

Could you please post a node list of the ips that print out when you do getpeerinfo?

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:51:08 PM

I usually run with UPnP on and get 12 or more connections.  I noticed some crashing lately and had difficulty getting the wallet running until I turned UPnP off and ran with just three connections.  Things seem to be working now.  Perhaps there was a node that had some issue, I don't know.

Any staking wallet that has been staking on the same address for a long time will gradually start using more memory and CPU.  Your orphan rate will start rising too as the computer can't keep up with things.  The fix is pretty simple, I may post an article on Steemit about this.

As for the exchanges, NOVA was not accepting deposits last I checked but hopefully they will be back soon.  I hope eventually this coin will be on some decentralized exchange at some point, I think that would be good for PoS coins in general based on experiences I've seen with some exchanges (Cryptsy, etc.)
fragilefungi

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:54:24 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 05:35:25 AM by fragilefungi

fix explorer please, can't check if forked or not

https://prohashing.com/explorer/Genstake/ is semi-functional and up to date.  I am connected to their wallet node and the block height is correct, although they are running an older version of the wallet.  The search transaction box works.  Search for transaction you have mined or minted and it works.  The address box doesn't always work.  Even if you click on your address in a block that you have found, the address page could show no transactions for a year.  Some addresses don't seem to have this problem.  I tried my yobit address and it didn't have any transactions for a year either, even though I have had transactions verified in the past week.

The PoW coins mined shown are the same high difficulty that I see with getmininginfo where there is 600+MH/s on netmhashps, so I am pretty confident that this is the correct chain.  You can connect to this node(and mine) by editing your genstake.conf file and adding the lines:

connect=coins.prohashing.com:6267
connect=157.161.128.53
connect=24.128.132.71

If your wallet has existing connections you can see those with the getpeerinfo command and add those as well.  I think that if you have connect=<ip> set in the .conf file it won't try to connect elsewhere, so add those to the file before you stop and start your wallet again.  My windows wallet shows the peer [2001:4060:4419:1::53]:9341 but I can't figure out how to connect to this using connect=.  It would be nice if the wallet had the addnode command.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:49:09 AM

The number of connections that you have makes me think that it could be a problem with the wallet.  I used to always be able to get over 10 connections.  My windows wallet has been open a day now and it only has 4 connections, and one of those is me.  The linux wallet only had 2 connections until I did getpeerinfo on the windows wallet and added them to the .conf file on the linux wallet with connect=

Could you please post a node list of the ips that print out when you do getpeerinfo?

Unfortunately my node list wouldn't help much when they all are incoming connections from (non-public, non-listening) nodes as you won't be able to open a connection to them.
Since my last post connections have constantly decreased and are now at 6 connections.

I decided to setup another seed node and add it to dns to further avoid the possibility of splits/forks. No need to add any addnodes to your config, your client should find them and from there your node should get more addressess to try to connect to.

connect=coins.prohashing.com:6267
connect=157.161.128.53
connect=24.128.132.71

I would strongly suggest not to use connect=, the command line help says:
Code:
-connect=<ip>          Connect only to the specified node(s)
Emphasis is on only which is probably not what you want.

If then addnode= should be your choice probably:
Code:
-addnode=<ip>          Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open

But sine now one of the three seed address in the wallet points to four working IP addresses you should actually need nothing at all to get connected.

HTH

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:55:37 AM

i have no probs with connections or anything,
meant only fix this please:
http://blockexplorer.genstake.com/
as it was supposed to be the main one,
so if the chain forks i have some reference

I think the current BE is maintained by midnightminer:

http://g3n.midnightminer.net/

But unfortunately it keeps crashing and is often not uptodate (right now it seems stuck on 16th April).

The one you quoted seems abandoned long ago, as well as the website www.genstake.com.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

i have no probs with connections or anything,
meant only fix this please:
http://blockexplorer.genstake.com/
as it was supposed to be the main one,
so if the chain forks i have some reference

I think the current BE is maintained by midnightminer:

http://g3n.midnightminer.net/

But unfortunately it keeps crashing and is often not uptodate (right now it seems stuck on 16th April).

The one you quoted seems abandoned long ago, as well as the website www.genstake.com.

you've probably missed discord, check it out
everything on that domain was functional recently, then again dropped

https://discord.gg/fCQujMd

Last time I tried to join discord they wanted a phone number from me which is completely unacceptable.
I hope those of us who steer clear of discord will still get regular updates here on bct!

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:15:21 PM

Last time I tried to join discord they wanted a phone number from me which is completely unacceptable.
I hope those of us who steer clear of discord will still get regular updates here on bct!

wow, how did you manage to do that lol ?
never asked me phone number.

in short, around 18 Mar Gribbly made these:
addnode=node1.genstake.com, node2.genstake.com, node3.genstake.com, node4.genstake.com
and blockexplorer.genstake.com
it all worked for some time, then went south

Dunno... it either disliked my Firefox plugins (noscript,requestpolicy) or had some griefs against my ip. In any case, it turned me away instantly  Tongue

Thanks for the update. I wonder what HORT is doing lately, at one time in the past we were promised updates on the wallet.

Hopefully midnightminer kicks his BE to get it rolling again.

smile226688

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

I hope it will be successful. Have a nice day for the project Cheesy
crayzn999

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:36:11 AM

Hi!Im prefer hodl,u can get more profit by hodl and less time investment doing  bountys  and hodl all coins what u get,  if one of them x2 or x10 just trade them and change to another more expensiv token  or what u prefer best,dont like much trading becose risk is by losing ur money.
hasbdzb8382

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

If you depend your needs on that thing? Then you screwed up. We wont know on when bounty would be gone but it do somehow last since theres still projects do really need to do marketing.
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:14:32 PM

I love this coin, and have all ways held some of these, time to get some more i think Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hasidz7887876

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

When choosing, evaluate the following factors: popularity, mobility, security. A good crypto currency should be protected from scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: