Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:04:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: G3N INFORMATION PLATFORM  (Read 51383 times)
Mike The Great

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:46:00 PM

I tried to list G3nStake on crex24.com. The chain has some issues. They rejected the coin listing.
I can see the wallet is crashing all the time....
We need the DEV to repair the wallets.
lanhuong925

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:59:04 PM

hrowing some DOT towards the cryptopia.co.nz vote! Good luck
Mike The Great

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:01:47 PM

Discord invite
https://discord.gg/CxwR3rV
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:52:32 AM

This project goes ahead or has been stopped? I would buy some coins if some developer or team kept it afloat Undecided
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1635

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

This project goes ahead or has been stopped? I would buy some coins if some developer or team kept it afloat Undecided

Unfortunately HORT seems to have disappeared after he managed to get us removed from Bittrex and Cryptopia... I still run seed nodes for the moment and I consider to set up an iquidus instance as BE since midnightminers BE is stuck most of the time but I would like to see more involvement from others before I devote more resources towards genstake.

I hope at least that Novaexchange will finally reopen anytime soon, as Yobit can't be expected to take the wallet out of maintenance in the next years.

freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

@psycodad thanks for explaining, it's a pity, I remember that this project had a good community a long time ago, at its beginning.
Gribbliest

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

Last time I tried to join discord they wanted a phone number from me which is completely unacceptable.
I hope those of us who steer clear of discord will still get regular updates here on bct!

wow, how did you manage to do that lol ?
never asked me phone number.

in short, around 18 Mar Gribbly made these:
addnode=node1.genstake.com, node2.genstake.com, node3.genstake.com, node4.genstake.com
and blockexplorer.genstake.com
it all worked for some time, then went south

Sorry, I was trying but I could get no response from any kind of dev or anyone for that matter... There is also something funky in the chain that causes Iquidus to barf regularly. Sad

I'd be happy to re-host a node or two, but this coin really needs Dev involvement, or a takeover by somebody who's prepared to put the work in. :/
Mike The Great

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

Is any coder that could help. Somebody said that the seeder address are not available yet. I do not want to see G3nstake dying.
I remember Hort drank two beers and delisted the coin from cryptopia by mistake. From that point...he killed the coin.
I regret :
1.Hort has taken the coin by brute force...
2. Hort disaapeared and made a beautiful community to die.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

Is any coder that could help. Somebody said that the seeder address are not available yet. I do not want to see G3nstake dying.
I remember Hort drank two beers and delisted the coin from cryptopia by mistake. From that point...he killed the coin.
I regret :
1.Hort has taken the coin by brute force...
2. Hort disaapeared and made a beautiful community to die.

The seednodes in current source are:
Code:
genseed.presstab.pw
gen.seed.fuzzbawls.pw
gen.netcraft.ch

genseed.presstab.pw is down since about 400 hours if I can believe my debug.log.
gen.seed.fuzzbawls.pw does not resolve any more, that one is gone.
gen.netcraft.ch resolves to two independent and working genstake seed nodes

So actually no problem with seeds and synching from scratch for new users for now.
But the missing BE is a problem and while I am certainly no coder I have digged fairly deep into the genstake codebase and I can't see right now why the BE should crash all the time.

I will try to setup a permanent (<- sic!) block explorer for genstake sometime this week and I will run it for at least a year or two since I would like to avoid getting delisted from Novaexchange due to missing BE.

I would hope that this inspires others in the nice genstake community to take their part in getting genstake back on track. It would be a shame to see such an aged coin with good community vanish into the black hole of forgotten cryptos..

Mike The Great

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:53:21 AM

Good news.

@Repo  The DEV  and the management team of StrongHands : @BitcoinBabyes and  @Brazilian Trader,   will save the life of G3n and will make it great again.

Please join  on discord.

G3n will have a bright future.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:28:56 AM

I will try to setup a permanent (<- sic!) block explorer for genstake sometime this week and I will run it for at least a year or two since I would like to avoid getting delisted from Novaexchange due to missing BE.

Quoting myself to announce the availability of a stable and working block explorer:

https://g3nbe.netcraft.ch/

I guarantee to run this explorer at least for 1 year from now. In July 2019 I will decide if I keep donating the block explorer depending on the amount of community participation.

As soon as there is a working exchange (either Novaexchange opening deposits for G3N of Yobit finally enabling the wallet) I will display the BTC/G3N price from there, right now there is no meaning in getting any prices displayed.

Cheers - psycodad

Mike The Great

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:47:07 AM

@Hort
Please join discord to talk about G3n developement.
The wallet had some problems and you are not here. Another DEV is helping us.
If you do not want to help anymore, I think we can make a community takeover.
https://discord.gg/nN3Bqk7
 Thank you!

P.S. If there are coders/devs in the G3nStake community they are also invited to help.
I will not let G3n die.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:28:15 AM

@Hort
Please join discord to talk about G3n developement.
The wallet had some problems and you are not here. Another DEV is helping us.
If you do not want to help anymore, I think we can make a community takeover.
https://discord.gg/nN3Bqk7
 Thank you!

P.S. If there are coders/devs in the G3nStake community they are also invited to help.
I will not let G3n die.

Please keep us updated here too, I for one have no access to discord.
Also I would be interested to hear what exactly the problems with the wallet are, in all the time since the launch of Genstake I never had any issues with it.

Thanks.

Mike The Great

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:12:51 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 04:56:58 AM by Mike The Great

G3n Discord moderation is : Unrestricted. You need no phone number to sign in....
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:49:04 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2023, 04:37:37 PM by psycodad

Alex Discord moderation is : Unrestricted. You need no phone number to sign in....

Gave it another try and it freaked out as it always does on me, this time with:

But nvm, I still hope those of us only hanging out here in bct get needed updates too.

Mike The Great

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

Hmm.. I set the link to NEVER expire...
We need you there, as I have not any coding skills.
You can understand better what ppl are talking about there...
@repo DEV is trying to  repair the wallet and a new design. NO hard fork is planned. So, installing the new redesigned wallets is NOT mandatory.
Mike The Great

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:02:13 AM

@psychodad,  please, try again one more time....with discord.
I ll buy you a beer.... Wink
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:13:22 PM

@psychodad,  please, try again one more time....with discord.
I ll buy you a beer.... Wink

Thank you for all the work I already made you, I am really sorry as it seems to be a problem solely on my side affecting all the PCs I have access to. I guess now I owe you a beer or better two.

After I again got the phone verification bs, I digged a bit deeper. I found that discord wants to be able to send you JS that is able to connect to your localhost (127.0.0.1) which our browsers block by policy silently. I guess that facilitates running programs/application servers from within their platform and control them from within their platform which is certainly great for gamers and alikes. If that test connecting to 127.0.0.1 fails  you get the phone verification.

I also took the pleasure to read their T&C and privacy statement and I think technically and legally it boils down to having to trust discord a very big deal in that they do the right thing(TM) with your data, as well as with the permissions you grant them to run almost unrestricted code on your computer. After all, the fascinating thing in crypto is that it is trustless and decentralized, discord is the complete opposite.

I appreciate much and feel really charmed by the efforts you took to get me into discord, therefor my longwinded explanation. But my experience, beliefs and convictions regarding privacy and computer security do not allow me to join discord in any possible future.

That said, I am here for anything I can help with G3N, just ping me!

Cheers - psycodad

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:06:12 PM

Yesterday Yobits GEN wallet had been enabled for about an hour. Later on it went in "Delayed" state and was at around 90% blockheight (1,3something mio blocks) and shortly after it went again in maintenance.

Don't know if this is a sign that they are trying to take the wallet out of maintenance or if they are dicking around with us.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:37:41 PM

Yesterday Yobits GEN wallet had been enabled for about an hour. Later on it went in "Delayed" state and was at around 90% blockheight (1,3something mio blocks) and shortly after it went again in maintenance.

Don't know if this is a sign that they are trying to take the wallet out of maintenance or if they are dicking around with us.

not the first time they'r trying to sync it up,
but on linux it crashes on every frakking attempt,
windows build is a bit more stable but mine crashed as well, several times

I wonder what I am doing that my 3 nodes just run smoothly, one of them since years.
I just recently synched a new one from scratch for the block explorer and while it took 3 days to synch it was a seamless process.

When it crashes, is there something helpful in the debug.log?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: