Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of my life  (Read 15963 times)
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:32:02 AM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 03:35:14 AM

Considering I've been intelligent and bought and will continue to stash up coins at the lows no I don't consider it the worst decision of my life, the problem is so many idiots went and bought into the rise without first waiting to see what would happen and if it would stabalise.

Now all your profits are belong to me Smiley
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:36:32 AM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.

I'm sorry this did no work for you. I'm assuming you bought Bitcoin during the Mt'gox fake bubble and now BTC has not gone back up? Myself i purely reinvested all the BTC i bought and got and it is working very well for me.

I hope you can find a way to make BTC work for you...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:00:57 AM

Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption

The bank coins already have mass adoption.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 04:06:44 AM

Have you considered doubling down and bitcoin cost averaging your position? You said you're down 50%, you could lower that percentage by buying bitcoin now at the 50% discount. Here's some math to help you think it through...

Hypothetical Initial Purchase: 2 bitcoins at $500 each (since you said you're down 50% right now).

Additional Purchase Option 1): Buy 2 more bitcoins at $245, total cost of your position of 4 bitcoins is $1490 and your total cost per 'coin drops to $372.50.

Additional Purchase Option 2): Buy 4 more bitcoins at $245, total cost of your position of 6 bitcoins is $1980 and your total cost per 'coin drops to $330.

Additional Purchase Option 3): Buy 10 more bitcoins at $245, total cost of your position of 12 bitcoins is $3450 and your total cost per 'coin drops to $287.50.

The real question is - do you think bitcoin will go up in value in the future? If so, you should "double down" and drop your cost to a level that you can break even on faster.

lofeifeive

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:22:42 AM

The volatile price is a real problem for bitcoin. Potential adopters and bitcoiners are really concerned about that. No one wants to see the value of their portfolio is dropping as time goes. Investing in something cannot base on the confidence forever. Investors need to cash out their profits.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:33:38 AM

Every time I add to my Bitcoin stash I feel like it is one of the very best decision I can make in my life.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:42:51 AM

I bought bitcoins at a lower price than its price today so it's not something I would regret.

Also you could make profit with bitcoins at any price it is in. If you think it's a bad decision to invest inbitcoins then I think you must've done something wrong with it or maybe you didn't get hiw you can get profit with the coins.
Rumichbit

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Bsupra C. Member

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 05:03:04 AM

Bad that happened to you, personally I'm so glad that I knew Bitcoin in my life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  Decentralized Multi-Level Hosting Platform  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
          BiTSupra     [ MLM    Raffles    Online Networking    Blog    BTT Thread    Learn More ]    
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:07:37 AM

When you start loosing faith on bitcoin you might feel that buying bitcoin was a worst decisions. Think positively. Nothing bad happened over bitcoin eco system. Now you get a chance to triple your bitcoins with the same amount. You will get a better average price finally. Hold your bitcoin. There is a bright future ahead  for you. Good luck.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:11:59 AM

I mean, a lot of people have lost money in bitcoin if they invested during the peak price point (which I'm assuming you did)... but if you believe in what bitcoin is and what it brings, then why do you feel like it's the worst decision ever? Unless you just invested in bitcoin as a stock, and not a new way to transact currency to anyone anywhere in the world.. then yeah, you lost a good bit.  But every time I learn more about cryptocurrencies and the new things that are coming out that are making transacting a lot easier, it makes me feel a lot better about investing more into it.

But if you are convinced that this whole thing is a sham.. then I suggest you cash out immediately.

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:35:04 AM

to buy weed.

So you bought BTC to get rich quick? Sorry that this didn't work for you.

on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us.

For some of the people here, greed and weed is not the only reason to use bitcoin.

Quote from: Henry Ford
It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:43:40 AM

to buy weed.

If you feel that way maybe it is best to just sell your coins, take your loss and be done with it. Just don't come back crying when you could've gained 100% or more on your initial investment next year.

My average buy in price is not too bad actually, and also, mining some altcoins like dogecoin in the early days covered some of my earlier high buy in losses.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:12:12 AM

this is why i never bought any, all done by investing my time, in the alt section+signature+general mining

i would have bought if i was an early adopter when btc was cheap, but right now no way, the future is too uncertain
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:52:46 AM

Never buy at the top and everyone is talking about it.

At least not to hodl and hope the price rises.

Now for example would be a good time to buy because everything is quiet
Slunt

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:55:29 AM

to buy weed.

Bankchain? Banks may use their own blockchains but they probably wont have coins and it wont have any effect on bitcoin because they'll just be used internally. If you believe in bitcoin you will need to hold your coins for several years. I'm thinking 5+ at least for big gains, but if you don't believe in bitcoin I suggest you cash out when you can and cut your losses.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:05:51 AM

i dont think so,if have a lot of money,its not worst. but i never bought some bitcoin because of that  Grin
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:23:04 AM

sorry to hear. to me investing in bitcoin is paying off quite decent. i'm very happy to scoop up more coins if the price goes lower.
recklessrager

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:24:07 AM

to buy weed.

Worse decision of you WHOLE life? C'mon. Nobody is that boring.
Me, I'm still poking a toes in the waters of BTC, but its far form the WORSE decision in my whole life.
I mean once i enlisted in the military and didn't read the contract.
They didn't disclose everything in it anyways (or so i heard)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Mountain Jew

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:28:09 AM

to buy weed.

Worse decision of you WHOLE life? C'mon. Nobody is that boring.
Me, I'm still poking a toes in the waters of BTC, but its far form the WORSE decision in my whole life.
I mean once i enlisted in the military and didn't read the contract.
They didn't disclose everything in it anyways (or so i heard)

Well it certainly could be the worst mistake if you bankrupted yourself buying in at peak price and have now lost most your money. I think one guy on here sold his house to buy bitcoins though not sure how much he bought in at. Pretty sure op is just a troll though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: