Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] [Speculation thread] [Unmoderated] Monero as the best investment for 2015?  (Read 2350 times)
moneroisbest (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:53:46 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 07:50:35 AM by moneroisbest

Welcome to an unmoderated speculation thread!

I feel that XMR is a perfect investment since we have a large and nice community and a fast development. We help to build the altcoin world with supporting the whole crypto scene and other projects in their respective threads.

There are still a few issues to address before we can advance:

- no official GUI since launch
- address the bugged code base
- no native mobile support
- blockchain bloat

If we can accomplish all of the above mentioned things I feel that this will be a good year!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 09:14:42 AM

I feel that it's a perfect investment since we have a large and nice community and a fast development. We help to build the altcoin world with supporting the whole crypto scene and other projects in their respective threads.

- no official GUI since launch (1.5 years)

If we can accomplish all of the above mentioned things I feel that this will be a good year!

banhammer incoming

moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:52:11 AM

I feel that it's a perfect investment since we have a large and nice community and a fast development. We help to build the altcoin world with supporting the whole crypto scene and other projects in their respective threads.

banhammer incoming

Banhammer for what and by who? If you don't support XMR please feel free to express why.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 10:57:55 AM

banhammer incoming

Banhammer for what and by who? If you don't support XMR please feel free to express why.

Why does your grammar and tone remind me of Sir Alpha Goy? God, I hope you choke on that short if it is you.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:17:43 AM

Oh man, the next Monero guerrilla marketing wave. i thought the last one was enough to annoy the community.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:39:41 AM

Oh man, the next Monero guerrilla marketing wave. i thought the last one was enough to annoy the community.
This is probably what the poster wants to do : drive the bitcointalk communauty angry toward xmr communauty  and under pro-xmr wording pointing at the problems inside xmr( delayed gui ...).
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:51:34 AM

This is probably what the poster wants to do : drive the bitcointalk communauty angry toward xmr communauty  and under pro-xmr wording pointing at the problems inside xmr( delayed gui ...).

Yeah but that's the irony though isn't it? The bitcointalk community don't get angry, because anyone with a brain can see that it's just another bullshit reverse troll post, and besides, who really would get angry about shit like this? It's trivial.

Anyone with serious money in the game, enough to move markets and be a major influencer can see through this shit.... so it really doesn't matter. The only people seemingly who can't see it are the reverse trolls themselves. They genuinely think their "masterplan" is having some kind of effect. If we assume that the reverse trolls are originating from Dash, then all it really confirms is that the stigma of Dash being comprised of idiots stands true.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:23:15 PM

Monero is falling from its high of 0.004 this year.
This time I think it will go below 0.001, we should start to short Monero now to earn some btc.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

This is probably what the poster wants to do : drive the bitcointalk communauty angry toward xmr communauty  and under pro-xmr wording pointing at the problems inside xmr( delayed gui ...).

Yeah but that's the irony though isn't it? The bitcointalk community don't get angry, because anyone with a brain can see that it's just another bullshit reverse troll post, and besides, who really would get angry about shit like this? It's trivial.

Anyone with serious money in the game, enough to move markets and be a major influencer can see through this shit.... so it really doesn't matter. The only people seemingly who can't see it are the reverse trolls themselves. They genuinely think their "masterplan" is having some kind of effect. If we assume that the reverse trolls are originating from Dash, then all it really confirms is that the stigma of Dash being comprised of idiots stands true.

Why do you call it trolling? I'm all for XMR, I find that we need a real currency with anonimity for some real world markets, but please read the OP again. Which points do you find trolling and untrue? I'm curious for your input on the subject.
RKing

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:51:41 PM

Monero needs more support from the community. Wish it had more active developments.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:31:05 PM

I, as a Monero proponent, am kind of annoyed by all these threads. Newcomers, please just stick to our ANN or speculation thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.new#new & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.new#new). Makes no sense to open up an additional thread.

It could also be that the OP is just doing some reverse trolling. So be aware of that.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:27:07 PM

I, as a Monero proponent, am kind of annoyed by all these threads. Newcomers, please just stick to our ANN or speculation thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.new#new & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.new#new). Makes no sense to open up an additional thread.

It could also be that the OP is just doing some reverse trolling. So be aware of that.

The XMR community seems to favor diversity since we have different threads for speculation, support, miners/mining,imporvement etc.

Thought an unmoderated speculation thread where we can discuss the needed features for XMR to become the next Bitcoin can't hurt. I feel that self-moderation within Bitcointalk isn't the way to go.
moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:14:15 PM

Is it now the best time to buy Monero? Developments are speeding up and cheap coins!

Chart: https://i.imgur.com/XuBJpEp.png

Exchange: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:25:27 PM

The XMR community seems to favor diversity since we have different threads for speculation, support, miners/mining,imporvement etc.

Thought an unmoderated speculation thread where we can discuss the needed features for XMR to become the next Bitcoin can't hurt. I feel that self-moderation within Bitcointalk isn't the way to go.

I completely agree with dEBRUYNE. In fact, I'm fairly convinced that this is just the latest installment by the Creative Troll(tm).
With regards to this forum, and speaking about thread moderation specifically: free speech = free trolling. There are absolutely no complaints about the other speculation thread, yet you created a new forum account for this specific purpose. Sure ... I've been around long enough to know what this is about.

Repeating:
Newcomers, please just stick to our ANN or speculation thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.new#new
&
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.new#new
Makes no sense to open up an additional thread.

moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:33:09 PM

I completely agree with dEBRUYNE. In fact, I'm fairly convinced that this is just the latest installment by the Creative Troll(tm).
With regards to this forum, and speaking about thread moderation specifically: free speech = free trolling. There are absolutely no complaints about the other speculation thread, yet you created a new forum account for this specific purpose. Sure ... I've been around long enough to know what this is about.

Repeating:
Newcomers, please just stick to our ANN or speculation thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.new#new
&
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.new#new
Makes no sense to open up an additional thread.

According to your logic every coin/project could/should just make a moderated topic and do what they want with the excuse to keep trolls out. Guess what the first attack will be? Hint: moderated topic = red flags.

This isn't a troll attempt, I'm all up for an unmoderated price speculation since we don't have one. Also iCEBREAKER seems to enjoy the ability to comment on different threads.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:52:20 PM

No. That is your logic, not mine.
There are plenty of unmoderated Monero threads already.

This was the last free bump you got from me. Best of luck.

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:58:21 PM

Obvious reverse trolling is obvious

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
moneroisbest (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:06:12 PM

Best of luck.

Thank you, I hope people will enjoy speculating here!
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:07:05 PM

Reverse troll detected

Spam Thread!!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile