Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Banking Industry kill Bitcoin and keep the Blockchain?  (Read 8797 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 03:57:27 AM

I would have to say that it does look like the banks are looking toward alternative transaction platforms which utilize the blockchain.  Whether or not that will kill Bitcoin is is a harder question because there will still be a big black market or, rather, decentralized market which enjoys extreme value in Bitcoin's utility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:54:36 AM

Banks has their costumers that wont moove a penny into bitcoin,the rich wont take the money out from a bank that offers a high interest to their money stay at the bank and growing.Bitcoin can grow a lot that those kind of costumers will keep with the normal place to let the money be at ,banks.Sure they can take advantage and studying blockchain to try to make their own and they need to think how to secure it,currently bitcoin has miners to protect it.

The interest of fiat might be high, but the value of bitcoin will increase all the time because of scarcity. So those rich people will move some of their wealth into bitcoin. Banks will also adopt bitcoin to win business.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:16:14 PM

I dont know till when the banks will keep on top of investment and fiat holders,but i doubt even when bitcoin has a bigger value those member will risk their portfolio to try bitcoin,knowing the risk involved,banks will readjust their fees to try to be near the bitcoin,adopt it looks far away to happen.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:38:20 PM

I really don't trust bankers of the world. I know they are watching bitcoin from far away and thinking about Blockchain technology. Banks may want to take this to their advantage.
As centralized cryptocurrency.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 03:48:55 AM

I really don't trust bankers of the world. I know they are watching bitcoin from far away and thinking about Blockchain technology. Banks may want to take this to their advantage.

Banks already made clear what they want and thats the super ledger technology of the Blockchain, which they already been coming up with projects around it. Its not really going to effect BTC as such.

And a centralized cryptocurrency is called FIAT.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:24:01 AM

Every financial institution and every Bank seem to have their eyes set on the bitcoin and bitcoin these days... But being Bitcoin as a currency the main competitor to banks and the traditional financial system, won't it be possible to see Banks trying to stifle bitcoin while investing in the Blockchain?

How would they go forward in killing bitcoins?

Even if they wouldn't accept it and not regulate it in any way people are still going to be interested in using almost-no fee's payments that make it possible for them to send and receive payments on a global scale instantly.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

Banks already made clear what they want and thats the super ledger technology of the Blockchain, which they already been coming up with projects around it. Its not really going to effect BTC as such.

A centralized crptocurrency will have its name and not FIAT. We cannot call fiat the us dollar. It is fiat but its name is us dollar. The same with all the other currencies of all the countries of the world. They have their names and being fiat is another characteristic of those but not their name. We cannot call the Constitution Fiat because its name id Constitution. If we mus call everything given by a centralized center fiat we will have something like that in discussing something: Give me that fiat because I need to do a fiat which with the other fiat can create a fiat needed to use as fiat and for the fiat.  Huh
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:47:58 PM

Banking industry will implement Bitcoin and offer it to its customers  Wink
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:27:41 PM

A centralized crptocurrency will have its name and not FIAT. We cannot call fiat the us dollar. It is fiat but its name is us dollar. The same with all the other currencies of all the countries of the world. They have their names and being fiat is another characteristic of those but not their name. We cannot call the Constitution Fiat because its name id Constitution. If we mus call everything given by a centralized center fiat we will have something like that in discussing something: Give me that fiat because I need to do a fiat which with the other fiat can create a fiat needed to use as fiat and for the fiat.  Huh

...I'm not saying it would be called FIAT, i'm not saying USD's name is "FIAT" I'm saying a centralized crypto would be what FIAT already is... A centralized, government sanctioned/controlled currency.

Completely defeat the purpose, so won't happen. What will happen is Banks absorbing the Blockchain technology. Electronic FIAT already work with cryptography transmission, the difference here will be applying the technology to a secure super ledger.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

Reducing the fee with a fiat coin stable maybe can bring huge interest,if we users can pay the same bill and pay less why wouldnt we do that?Bitcoin will keep with their market and well the sucess of the crypto banks currency stable would be or not proven soon,as we know that we do almost all at our phones.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:16:51 PM

Reducing the fee with a fiat coin stable maybe can bring huge interest,if we users can pay the same bill and pay less why wouldnt we do that?Bitcoin will keep with their market and well the sucess of the crypto banks currency stable would be or not proven soon,as we know that we do almost all at our phones.

A reasoning voice in the chorus of those who a priory deny and don't accept other digital coin (for more fiat digital coin) except bitcoin. Maybe this post, read by them who want to read it, will made some of them to change mind about the possibility to use more than one coin if this could be convenient to everyone. Without "seeing" other lateral not important thing regarding the second coin. Obviously bitcoin will have always the first and the honored place between all the digital coins in circulation. But having friends (for sure) cannot make something bad to it.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

The banking industry can't do nothing about Bitcoin. Think about it. If Bitcoin "died" (will not happen) then cryptocurrency dies too. Crypto = Bitcoin. It's like that. Everyone associates Bitcoin with cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin fails, the whole crypto industry fails. If Bitcoin does good, the whole crypto industry benefits from it.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:48:57 PM

The banking industry can't do nothing about Bitcoin. Think about it. If Bitcoin "died" (will not happen) then cryptocurrency dies too. Crypto = Bitcoin. It's like that. Everyone associates Bitcoin with cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin fails, the whole crypto industry fails. If Bitcoin does good, the whole crypto industry benefits from it.

How does that have anything to do with the Bank being unable to attack Bitcoin? There are a few ways to kill Bitcoin. They could simply brute force their way by getting a huge amount of PH and then doing "51%" attacks.

And considering the size of Bitcoin right now, it would be pretty cheap compared to the trillions of USD they could lose over time to BTC.

I'm not quite sure if the banks want to ride it out by including BTC in their schemes, but if BTC does succeed, Banks and Governments are going to have a hell of a problem dealing with it, even if they outlaw it or tax the fuck out of it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:18:39 AM

How does that have anything to do with the Bank being unable to attack Bitcoin? There are a few ways to kill Bitcoin. They could simply brute force their way by getting a huge amount of PH and then doing "51%" attacks.

And considering the size of Bitcoin right now, it would be pretty cheap compared to the trillions of USD they could lose over time to BTC.

I'm not quite sure if the banks want to ride it out by including BTC in their schemes, but if BTC does succeed, Banks and Governments are going to have a hell of a problem dealing with it, even if they outlaw it or tax the fuck out of it.

I do not think a bank or government may attack on bitcoin in any ways. As long as we do not need bitcoin to be converted in to fiats, then no force will stop bitcoin evolving. You buy and use bitcoin. No one can do with your actions. When everything available for bitcoin, it would be the new government with no rules.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 02:21:13 AM

It would be so easy for the banking industry to prevent Bitcoin from becoming a major factor in commerce, it is not even reasonable to question the possibility.  All the banking industry has to do is offer its own form of digital currency utilizing a block chain ledger and offer it within the framework of their pre-existing online platform....In fact, the banking industry is already working on that technology.  Now, will that totally kill Bitcoin?  I doubt it because there is an extremely profitable black market trade that Bitcoin will obviously have a monopoly on in the end.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:54:16 AM

I do not think a bank or government may attack on bitcoin in any ways. As long as we do not need bitcoin to be converted in to fiats, then no force will stop bitcoin evolving. You buy and use bitcoin. No one can do with your actions. When everything available for bitcoin, it would be the new government with no rules.

Governments already are... Heavily taxed like Brazil. Or illegal, like Russia.

Just have a quick look at this list, there's a list of sanctions and actions taken against Bitcoin as whole by Country here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

So expecting Bitcoin to be immune to Governments... you're in for a bad surprised if Bitcoin start getting bigger, because the attacks will get bigger as well.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:29:33 PM

It would be so easy for the banking industry to prevent Bitcoin from becoming a major factor in commerce, it is not even reasonable to question the possibility.  All the banking industry has to do is offer its own form of digital currency utilizing a block chain ledger and offer it within the framework of their pre-existing online platform....In fact, the banking industry is already working on that technology.  Now, will that totally kill Bitcoin?  I doubt it because there is an extremely profitable black market trade that Bitcoin will obviously have a monopoly on in the end.

Every bank has its own interest. How can all the banks agree a single coin? What is the point of having thousands of coins, one for each bank.

If they do agree with a single coin, how is it going to be issued? With unlimited supply? If that is the case, I will stick with bitcoin.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

Governments already are... Heavily taxed like Brazil. Or illegal, like Russia.

Just have a quick look at this list, there's a list of sanctions and actions taken against Bitcoin as whole by Country here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

So expecting Bitcoin to be immune to Governments... you're in for a bad surprised if Bitcoin start getting bigger, because the attacks will get bigger as well.

Correct. A few countries since today has banned bitcoin but that doesn't mean nothing. These countries have fear from it and has chosen to ban it. They have a weak economy and have fear that the people "ban" the national currency choosing bitcoin and this can damage further their already weak economy. But if we see the bitcoin black market at these countries (at Russia for example) the trade rose every day more. See here the trade volume in Russia and the trend of it in time: http://coin.dance/charts.

So it is true that the policy of prohibition for someone which is wanted is unproductive. Normally those have the opposite effect. So it will be even with bitcoin. Soon or later this kind of Governments will understand the error and will do back return. And then bitcoin will have its legal status.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:14:05 PM

Banking industry will implement Bitcoin and offer it to its customers  Wink

Some banks already trying to do so - look CitiBank - CitiCoin.

The true is that Bitcoin still is just experiment and someday, someone can try to make something like Bitcoin 2.0.  Roll Eyes
Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:56:35 PM

I beg to differ... If Bitcoin dies... Crypto currencies will fight for the top spot and they will bend the knee to the will of any government or bank. It's all about the money and the

power. Bitcoin dies .... Government friendly coins steps in and replace it. The only thing keeping Bitcoin alive at this moment is it's decentralized network. This network are under

constant attack from trolls and shills trying to divide the development and progress. The banking sector are already working on several replacements and you will see some more

aggressive attacks coming, when they are done with these projects.     Sad

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: