Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTN] Interested to buy brand new HDDs/laptops/GPUs w GREAT discount? Look here!  (Read 2274 times)
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:29:24 AM

----

Only if a reliable warranty service is guaranteed and of course it depends on the brands/models.

Thanks. What do you mean by this? Does not, for exemple, "Intel 6700K CPU" have the same warrenty everywhere?

Reliable warranty means that you can easily send it back to a retailer/supplier for RMA. Since you are claiming to ship all over the world, these items will be grey imports for many buyers, and thus have no local warranty for them and would have to be shipped back to the retailer/supplier you got them from for warranty claims.

All this info will need to get disclosed before anyone hands over any cash, imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:09:51 PM

----

Only if a reliable warranty service is guaranteed and of course it depends on the brands/models.

Thanks. What do you mean by this? Does not, for exemple, "Intel 6700K CPU" have the same warrenty everywhere?

Reliable warranty means that you can easily send it back to a retailer/supplier for RMA. Since you are claiming to ship all over the world, these items will be grey imports for many buyers, and thus have no local warranty for them and would have to be shipped back to the retailer/supplier you got them from for warranty claims.

All this info will need to get disclosed before anyone hands over any cash, imo.

This. Gigabyte GPUs generally offer 3 years of warranty so I'd need some kind of proof that I'd be able to RMA faulty hardware years from now.

Of course the 6700K is a specific model/brand but what I was trying to say is that I wouldn't buy any kind of GPU/SSD so I'd like to see a list of some sort to pick from.

Not your keys, not your coins!
lazlopanaflex

Activity: 194

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:35:01 PM

Item: GTX970/980; SSD/SSHD
Grade of interest: 1
Number of items: 2

G2A.com: Best site on the web for cheap PC games. Bitcoin accepted! https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5772bce920be5
Gimmelfarb (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:44:24 PM

Hmm... This was interesting. I will answer and ask a few things.

- I have lived in a number of different countries and cities, and have during the last +15 years been unable to RMA items through the original store due to practical problems. At these occasions, I have simply contacted the manufacturer directly and described my problem. On all occasions my requests have been acknowledged after sending the item to them with a valid receipt, and have been offered a replacement. This includes almost every major manufacturer of computer hardware that I can think of. The only company that proved to be a bitch was qnap, which didn't help me due to the warranty being ten days too old.
           Am I the only one that have done RMA this way..? Have I been lucky...? Generally I have been treated really well.

- Just a curious questions. It does occasionally happens that retailers aren't able to turn a profit and eventually need to file for bankruptcy and close their shops. How are their customers treated regarding RMAs? Does the warranty just vanish with the company? I have no idea. However, in such a case I'd contact the manufacturer and ask for help.

- Pansyfaust writes:

My highlight of the last sentence. I find it very unfortunate, as I interpret it as something has been hidden, possibly intentionally, by us. I do have my experiences of RMAs and perhaps I have been lucky. Twice, I think, I did not contact the manufacturer as I understood that the shipment cost would be too high to send the item a way. Of course there will be a cost for RMA shipments in most cases that you have to cover. Your last sentence, Pansyfaust, is misdirected.

- bathrobehero writes: "Gigabyte GPUs generally offer 3 years of warranty so I'd need some kind of proof that I'd be able to RMA faulty hardware years from now." Well, you have your warranty and receipt to be able to RMA your things. What proof can be provided of such a question that cover all cases.

Listen to me.
- We are able to offer great discounts on item people want
- We will make the shipments with one of the express delivery companies
- We pay for your shipment
- We will use escrow services for every transaction to minimizing the risk of scams

You are perfectly free not to buy anything from us, but we have not been hiding anything. Quite, we have done our best to offer service as good as can be. We have not pretended that we can deliver every computer item created. Also, I welcome answers to me two first questions.

Whether I have been lucky or not, we are offering the members of this forum brand new, high-end hardware products at a lower price than they can find anywhere else, shipped by a world-leading company free of charge and we require escrow.

In my opinion, you are barking at the wrong three.  

Pansyfaust

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:04:19 PM

Hmm... This was interesting. I will answer and ask a few things.

- I have lived in a number of different countries and cities, and have during the last +15 years been unable to RMA items through the original store due to practical problems. At these occasions, I have simply contacted the manufacturer directly and described my problem. On all occasions my requests have been acknowledged after sending the item to them with a valid receipt, and have been offered a replacement. This includes almost every major manufacturer of computer hardware that I can think of. The only company that proved to be a bitch was qnap, which didn't help me due to the warranty being ten days too old.
           Am I the only one that have done RMA this way..? Have I been lucky...? Generally I have been treated really well.

- Just a curious questions. It does occasionally happens that retailers aren't able to turn a profit and eventually need to file for bankruptcy and close their shops. How are their customers treated regarding RMAs? Does the warranty just vanish with the company? I have no idea. However, in such a case I'd contact the manufacturer and ask for help.

- Pansyfaust writes:

My highlight of the last sentence. I find it very unfortunate, as I interpret it as something has been hidden, possibly intentionally, by us. I do have my experiences of RMAs and perhaps I have been lucky. Twice, I think, I did not contact the manufacturer as I understood that the shipment cost would be too high to send the item a way. Of course there will be a cost for RMA shipments in most cases that you have to cover. Your last sentence, Pansyfaust, is misdirected.

- bathrobehero writes: "Gigabyte GPUs generally offer 3 years of warranty so I'd need some kind of proof that I'd be able to RMA faulty hardware years from now." Well, you have your warranty and receipt to be able to RMA your things. What proof can be provided of such a question that cover all cases.

Listen to me.
- We are able to offer great discounts on item people want
- We will make the shipments with one of the express delivery companies
- We pay for your shipment
- We will use escrow services for every transaction to minimizing the risk of scams

You are perfectly free not to buy anything from us, but we have not been hiding anything. Quite, we have done our best to offer service as good as can be. We have not pretended that we can deliver every computer item created. Also, I welcome answers to me two first questions.

Whether I have been lucky or not, we are offering the members of this forum brand new, high-end hardware products at a lower price than they can find anywhere else, shipped by a world-leading company free of charge and we require escrow.

In my opinion, you are barking at the wrong three.  

Just wait a second. I was not implying that you are selling something without warranty. Let me paint you a picture. I buy a gigabyte GPU in America, and if I move over to the UK I don't think the supplier/dealer who provides gigabyte GPUs to the UK will do the RMA for me, since I bought the card through a US distributor/retailer. The card does still have warranty, but they cannot RMA it for me and I will need to send the card via international shipping to Gigabyte HQ to get the RMA completed, then pay for Gigabyte to send my replacement GPU.

This is what I meant by "no local warranty", so local dealers/suppliers wont do the RMA, but you can still send it to the manufacturer to do the RMA.

This is all I was asking for you to disclose, that if people buy this hardware, since it's not through a local store/supplier, if they need to RMA it, they have to send it to the manufacturer.

Does that clear up what I was asking you guys to disclose? Am I mistaken in my thinking of how the warranty on these items will be carried out? Would we ship it to you for warranty?

I'm not accusing you of anything, just asking questions.

Gimmelfarb (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:11:44 AM

No, that is not something to "disclose".

I believe it's obvious to everyone and not something that need special public attention before any deals are done. especially not in the way you formulated your post.. You are simply using the wrong the wrong terminology: You do not disclose that the sun will rise tomorrow. That is something we already know.

I disclose that we offer great discounts to to certain computer hardware.
Pansyfaust

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:24:33 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 06:35:27 AM by Pansyfaust

I believe it's obvious to everyone and not something that need special public attention before any deals are done. especially not in the way you formulated your post.. You are simply using the wrong the wrong terminology: You do not disclose that the sun will rise tomorrow. That is something we already know.

Can you say, for certain, that everyone knows this facet about the hardware being sold? Do you really want someone who buys the hardware to start going around saying there's no warranty since when they asked their local distributor they were told the serial number is not in their system? I mean, somebody already asked if there is reliable warranty service, not only if there is warranty. To me asking if there is a reliable warranty service means the level of warranty support on the product--the time waiting while sending hardware to the manufacturer over a few weeks/month as opposed to the ease of doing the RMA through a local supplier are two different levels of reliable warranty service.

Also, you never answered the other question? Is warranty held through you or the place you source your parts from, or if warranty is needed it must be sent back to the manufacturer?

Also, disclosure is not something you do when admitting guilt, it's informing the other party about all facets of the deal: You said there is warranty, I wanted to know which level of warranty does it have--immediately through the supplier of your parts or only manufacturer? Disclosure means providing that information before the deal?
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:55:57 AM

Item(s): Seagate 8TB archive HDD
Grade of interest: 3
Number of items: minimum 2 - if the Price is right, deffo more Smiley

Located in Denmark aswell Smiley

Will this be an one-of event?
Gimmelfarb (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:34:08 PM

---

Also, you never answered the other question? Is warranty held through you or the place you source your parts from, or if warranty is needed it must be sent back to the manufacturer?

Also, disclosure is not something you do when admitting guilt, it's informing the other party about all facets of the deal: You said there is warranty, I wanted to know which level of warranty does it have--immediately through the supplier of your parts or only manufacturer? Disclosure means providing that information before the deal?

Sorry if I missed parts of your post.

The warranty is held by the owner of the product.

Yes, disclosure means providing (often unknown or withheld) information. My point that that there was no unknown information to provide.

Btw, in my previous post I meant barking at the wrong tree - not barking at the wrong number three (3). I'd like to make that information public: I misspelled.

Thanks Smiley
Pansyfaust

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:49:18 PM

---

Sorry if I missed parts of your post.

The warranty is held by the owner of the product.

Yes, disclosure means providing (often unknown or withheld) information. My point that that there was no unknown information to provide.

Btw, in my previous post I meant barking at the wrong tree - not barking at the wrong number three (3). I'd like to make that information public: I misspelled.

Thanks Smiley

Cool, well, I await more info on the parts and prices you are able to get.

Enjoy the weekend.
sjenja

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:37:43 PM

Item: A high End GPU (390x 970/980/980ti).
Grade of interest:2
Number of items:1-2
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:45:41 PM

Might i suggest OgNasty for escrow as well, i and others have used him quite often.

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:51:48 PM

Might i suggest OgNasty for escrow as well, i and others have used him quite often.

Seconded.

Item: GTX970/980ti
Grade of interest:1
Gimmelfarb (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:38:03 PM

Seconded.

Item: GTX970/980ti
Grade of interest:1

Thanks! We are still figuring out how to do this in bigger scale than we done before.
Gimmelfarb (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:12:12 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 11:25:31 PM by Gimmelfarb

A message from the team behind this thread.

As pointed out before, we have experience of this activity. However, before we have worked with this as a pure hobby and for fun. I still hope it will stay a hobby and be fun, but the interest is bigger than we thought it would be (we are on one other place than this forum). As far as I recall, everyone have been positive to the prices and service we are able to offer.

If we continue as now and perhaps grow even more, we need to consider this as a formal business, requiring expanding staff and facilities. On bitcointalk, we have discussion we nine of the once who shown interest in buying items. Nine might not sound like a lot, but deals involving a lot of Dollars have been discussed (also more than anticipated). Additional, the process from your post of interest to actual order has proven to require a lot of PMs, blurring the description of of 3 phases in the OP.

To figure out logistics, control over orders and personal needs to meet our goals of service, we will temporarily lock the thread and will not accept any new posts of interest.

Please note, we will of course attend all members who so far have indicated interest in this thread. If you not yet been contacted, we will do that during the weekend and work to close the deals now discussed.

Lastly, we will be back.
 Smiley Hopefully very soon, either in this thread or in a new one with a few changes to be able to meet our goals of service. If you not already indicated an interest, do not send any PMs as they will be deleted without reading. And please, don't be angry that you missed an opportunity to a good deal: The discounts will be the same when we re-open and we will offer a wider spectrum of products then now,, and remember that the temporary closure is to uphold a great level of service, both short- and long-term.

Until then, see you then Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: