Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:40:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending VERY Large Amounts of Bitcoin?  (Read 5740 times)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:11:41 AM

The way to handle it would be to use several exchanges and send little by little. I do not think that high amount could be managed once at a time.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:22:59 AM

In my country its hard to withdraw that very high cost because theres a wallet cashout limit in my country maybe i can withdraw only 5 btc per day directly to my bank account but above 5 btc we need to verify our address verification but the limit is only 20btc perday...

it's not about country it's about exchange, then you need to transfer to your bank, here the limit to my bank account is 50k but i can open a deposit account to add other 50k

if you verify in someexchange there are no limit anymor,e and you are free to cash out your 100k or more
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:26:58 PM

I imagine in the future, financial institutions will be able to handle this type of transaction. For now, maybe spread it across exchanges and sell slowly? Wouldn't be wise to dump all at once....talk about price crash

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:31:35 PM

Wow very huge of bitcoin for me i dont sell it i will exchange it to any exchanger site but every 2% of that bitcoin because maybe the site exchanger will be bankrupt..
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:38:57 AM

I guess this kind of heavy converting to fiat money would definitely damage bitcoin.
Bitcoin was not created to be converted to fiat money, it was created to replace fiat money.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:11:27 PM

I guess this kind of heavy converting to fiat money would definitely damage bitcoin.
Bitcoin was not created to be converted to fiat money, it was created to replace fiat money.

But if you want to have some bitcoins how do you want to obtain.
I know that you can earn by doing services but what if you want to have now 10BTC
You of course should buy through cash/fiat money, I think OP has got enough answers which i think the best that it fits is buy buying/selling to different exchanges.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 05:29:47 PM

use OTC, not an exchange.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:50:14 PM

Money are controlled, u can't withdraw millions without the government messing up the thing A LOT. Exchangers all togheter have a big volume, but if you add another layer of selling on the existing volume, both in the course of hours or days or months, price would crash for sure (if there is no increased demand).

But you can use your btc as money, and try to increase adoption. In an ideal future world you won't even need to change your btc, because everything could be made more easy to buy with btc than today with cash or money transfer.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:36:40 PM

Money are controlled, u can't withdraw millions without the government messing up the thing A LOT. Exchangers all togheter have a big volume, but if you add another layer of selling on the existing volume, both in the course of hours or days or months, price would crash for sure (if there is no increased demand).

But you can use your btc as money, and try to increase adoption. In an ideal future world you won't even need to change your btc, because everything could be made more easy to buy with btc than today with cash or money transfer.

Money is controlled?
I call BS, there are lot of criminal enterprises that withdraw millions every day.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:58:29 PM

Money is controlled?
I call BS, there are lot of criminal enterprises that withdraw millions every day.

Yep, but they are criminal enterprises . You need a complex money laundry system to do so, it's not like you plain withdraw 1 million (but even some k) usd and the bank don't signal you. Also cash is treaceable, and easy to counterfeit,  so are diamonds.

Messing up with big sums of money is an hard work, bitcoins are by far the best medium-of-value in these cases.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3020

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 10:51:47 PM

In my country its hard to withdraw that very high cost because theres a wallet cashout limit in my country maybe i can withdraw only 5 btc per day directly to my bank account but above 5 btc we need to verify our address verification but the limit is only 20btc perday...
This is not good for bitcoin. It should limitless to compete with the banks hold on our money.
I do still believe bitcoin should be a "free" way to pay for things.
We do not have a right to change the minimum limit im just a user of the wallet.. Maybe if we are to many user we will strike for the changes of our wallet and to limit less....

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:29:59 AM

Seems legit. I'm would have never thought that people would actually buy things like houses and other things, for that large amount of bitcoin. For me bitcoin is an investment, but I also use it in day to day life. I would never sell that much bitcoin at one time as I would lose quite a lot from the sale fees. It looks like bitcoin is expanding well if people are now accepting bitcoin as payment for their houses.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:11:57 AM

I think it affects bitcoin economy deeply. It can make prices go down quite easily.
So if someone really likes bitcoin he should not leave it immediately. If he has btc behind, it will lose so much value.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:32:58 PM

I think converting btc into USD balance in larger exchanger will not create any trouble. I doubt when you cashout that amount into real cash, as bitcoin source is anonymous your country law may ask you a lot of questions.

And also putting such a large sell wall will definately create a large roadblock in exchanger causing decrease in price drastically. That will also make your coin stuck on sell order for longer time to get sold. This may not be the issue in future when the demand of bitcoin will be much more higher than present.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:34:43 PM

I think converting btc into USD balance in larger exchanger will not create any trouble. I doubt when you cashout that amount into real cash, as bitcoin source is anonymous your country law may ask you a lot of questions.

There was an interesting post in the wall observer thread regarding the bearwhale who did a 30,000 coin dump last year. It looks like Bitstamp are compelled by the EU to publish the details of significant withdrawals. The EU then helpfully makes that public information.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:40:56 PM

Well since there are not much available i think that it affects the price.
And maybe a large dump because there arent much buy orders for $1M
Going to many exchanges would be a good idea but maybe not enough.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 08:22:25 PM

Go ahead and put a million dollars worth of bitcoins or fiat on an exchange and see how quickly a pseudo hack takes place.

Exchange: From the desk of Acme Exchange, we regret to inform you blah, blah, blah, but we'll do everything in our powers to make sure that nobody loses any moneys.
Client: Can we see the police report?
Exchange: Crickets.
Yep, I definitely wouldn't trust an exchange with such a huge amount of bitcoins. They'll probably close down your account for "suspicious activities" and you'll never see your coins again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: