Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Presidential Democrat Candidates...any one to care about?  (Read 1658 times)
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 10:27:58 PM

Who's interested in the US Presidential Democrat Candidates - there are so few that it's easy to keep track.

• Hillary Clinton - the early favorite
  • Bernie Sanders - the die hard liberal
  • Joe Biden - the guy who's expected to run but currently hasn't announced intent
  • A couple other guys - that no one knows or cares about

What's your prediction?

I predict ol'Joe is going to swoop in an announce he's running and become the instant favorite. Not that he'd be the best choice but the "Ridin' with Biden" bumper stickers and hashtags are going  to make for some great tweets!

I'll be #RidinWithBiden to the kegger on Saturday!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:34:42 PM

Possum577!

Hey, I'm just guessing here, and have no inside info nor particular insights...

My take is that Hillary "won" the debate last night.  Bernie handed her the crown of the nomination!*  O'Malley was right behind him to kiss her ring.  The other two guys do not matter (although Jim Webb was "reasonable", but no chance for him).

My prediction is that Hillary has the nomination, unless the FBI hits her on the emails.  It appears that there is a felony in there somewhere.  Had I misused Top Secret SI/TK info back in the day, I would JUST be getting out of jail now...

So, even if Uncle Joe gets in, my hunch is that it is too late, unless AG Loretta Lynch (and hence Obama) decides to spike Hillary's run with an indictment.  And were Obama allow Hillary to go down, but the Republicans win, the Democrats would blame OBAMA.

If it is to be Trump vs. Hillary, wow-o-wow would we have an interesting fall 2016.

* Bernie fightin' the billionaires..., yeah right, he would have been more believable had he took on Hillary, who is even cozier with the Wall Street billionaire set than even Trump.
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 10:50:43 PM

My take is that Hillary "won" the debate last night.  Bernie handed her the crown of the nomination!*  

Great predictions...unfortunately the crown isn't handed out that quickly. Bernie is most certainly not out of the race, but we'll all have to see where things are early in 2017. I love hearing the predictions!

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:29:44 AM

If no one is pro-Bitcoin then no one is worth mentioning. In my book, if a politician is not aware on Bitcoin and doesn't understand the importance of it in the next decades, he isn't just ready to deal with an entire country economy wise. If you aren't at the forefront of technological and economic development you are wasting my time. They are just corporate puppets in my opinion.
Quinn

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:44:58 AM

Who's interested in the US Presidential Democrat Candidates - there are so few that it's easy to keep track.

• Joe Biden - the guy who's expected to run but currently hasn't announced intent

What's your prediction?

I predict ol'Joe is going to swoop in an announce he's running and become the instant favorite. Not that he'd be the best choice but the "Ridin' with Biden" bumper stickers and hashtags are going  to make for some great tweets!

Hillary Clinton has been the people's favorite since early on.  I just hope that she will always do what is right if she is president.
Poppy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:30:39 AM

What's your prediction?

These couple of other guys that no one knows or cares about, something tells me that they have a big surprise to reveal.  Whoever they are, I hope they are better than the other 3 candidates.
Pantheon

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:28:32 AM

What's your prediction?

Who are these two other guys that no one seems to know or care about?  Maybe we should know them very well and their platform first.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:03:11 AM

To me it looks like Hillary Clinton will win, she is the early favourite and her campaign has earnt more compared to Bernie Sanders' campaign. Another serious competitor to her is Bernie Sanders, his attitude and enthusiasm really catches peoples eyes. With this, he has lot of supporters and he has a chance of winning. At the same time, Hillary also has a lot of supporters, In fact, she has even more than Bernie. That is why I think Hillary will win.  Grin Grin Grin
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:32:28 PM

I like the way Aaron Miller put Hillary's tenure as Secretary of State into context..."not consequential". Or how about Danielle Pletka...."enormously ineffective". Did we ever find out what happened to the $6 billion dollars the State Department misplaced during her tenure? Maybe we should audit the Clinton Foundation.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:19:41 PM

Sanders will not be able to score more than 25% to 30% of the primary vote, as his support is limited to certain small sections within the Democrat voters (especially white males). The female whites, as well as the "minorities" are solidly behind Hillary Clinton, and in the absence of a miracle, she will comfortably win the primary contest.
disamsal

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:15:56 PM

Feel the Bern Smiley he has the best campaign ever.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:20:50 PM

If no one is pro-Bitcoin then no one is worth mentioning. In my book, if a politician is not aware on Bitcoin and doesn't understand the importance of it in the next decades, he isn't just ready to deal with an entire country economy wise. If you aren't at the forefront of technological and economic development you are wasting my time. They are just corporate puppets in my opinion.
well that's quite narrow minded of you to think that bitcoin support is the sole basis on who you support.

the campaign itself shouldnt be an indicator of who you feel would run the country the best of the candidates, pay attention to their policies and ideas.

To me it looks like Hillary Clinton will win, she is the early favourite and her campaign has earnt more compared to Bernie Sanders' campaign. Another serious competitor to her is Bernie Sanders, his attitude and enthusiasm really catches peoples eyes. With this, he has lot of supporters and he has a chance of winning. At the same time, Hillary also has a lot of supporters, In fact, she has even more than Bernie. That is why I think Hillary will win.  Grin Grin Grin
i feel itll come down to her and sanders, but honestly, i think every presidential candidate in the US is bound to fail in the sense that theyll drive the country deeper into the pit and end up hated at the end of 4/8 years.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:21:19 PM

I would disagree completely.  During the D-Debate, Bernie handed Hillary The Crown to the Nomination!  By bleating about how no one wants to hear about her "damn emails", he lost ALL CREDIBILITY!  He should have attacked...

Bernie contends that he is against "the billionaires".  Maybe, maybe not.  But, he just ensured that Hillary would win the nomination. And Hillary gets TONS of money from Wall Street and the biggest banks (Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman Sachs) and Jamie Dimon (JPMorgan Chase) are both Democrats).

And she will, barring the unlikely event of a felony indictment via the FBI investigation...

bryant.coleman is right.  She will win unless she is touched by the "Just-us Department".
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:53:12 AM

Most of the republican candidates suck but all of these democrats suck even worst. If the only solution to help save or rekindle the middle class is to spend even more money and tax others even more, then just burn the motherfucker down. Only freedom and drastic reductions in govt spending and tampering w/ the monetary supply is gonna set things on a better course for revival. Also, tell the Fed to screw off as we're gonna default on the national debt and then all the central bankers can get what's coming to them after all they've done.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:07:15 AM

There aren't any.  You've got the SJW Bernie, and you've got the power-hungry criminal Hillary; neither of them care much for democracy, in fact both of them would love more central control.  I believe Bernie has offered to spend, what, a trillion, two trillion, on fixing the infrastructure--where the fuck is he going to get that money from?  He's going to take it from people like you and me.  Why, then, if we want the infrastructure to be fixed so badly, are we not doing it ourselves?  After all, doing it ourselves would be the most democratic approach to it--why wait for Bernie to magically come up with trillions to pull it off?  Therein lies the crux: it's not about democracy, it's about more power.  The more control of the economy the central government has, the less control of the economy the nation in general has, i.e. the less control you personally have.  This is what lack of economic education does to you, it's what it does to Bernie, it's what it does to his supporters.  There is no one who supports any of these people who also understands the implications of their support (which is probably why they're so willing to have someone else rule for them, but if you're too ignorant to even select your own rulers correctly, it kinda breaks the whole point of having a democracy.)

Anyway, I don't see how Hillary's supposed to lead the nation behind bars, so why anyone is even bothering listening to her is beyond me.  I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of her voters were cucks.  My dad was one (now divorced), he said he'd vote for her, specifically because she's a woman and "wouldn't it be cool to have a woman president"; he's also said I'm a misogynist because I didn't believe that women were paid less than men for the same job (still don't, and now it's well known to be a myth.)  Eugh; just saying, these people are real, and no amount of facts will make them change their minds.  As far as I am able to determine, Hillary cares only about power acquisition, nothing more and nothing less.  Power-hungry people will only seek more power; Hillary will most certainly do everything in her power to gain more of it, even after she gets the election.  She won't stop until we're all bowed before her, and if that means violence against the population, so be it; they got plenty of militarized police units to pull off something big.

Democracy is the last thing you'll find in these people.  "Democrat" is just an identifier.  The true democratic leaders are those you listen to and follow on your own accord, because you want to, not because "oh no, what if that other guy gets into office, I don't want him in charge, therefore I will vote for the lesser evil," and then wind up ignoring anyway (up until the point that you can't, of course.)

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:00:52 AM

There aren't any.  You've got the SJW Bernie, and you've got the power-hungry criminal Hillary; neither of them care much for democracy, in fact both of them would love more central control.  I believe Bernie has offered to spend, what, a trillion, two trillion, on fixing the infrastructure--where the fuck is he going to get that money from?  He's going to take it from people like you and me.  Why, then, if we want the infrastructure to be fixed so badly, are we not doing it ourselves?
-snip-
Why such a negative stance towards this? Between Hilary, Bernie and Trump I'd rather go with Bernie. From what I've seen so far he has the "best" ideas. I'm not sure where you heard about that trillion or two? He wants to work on economic inequality (among other things) by trying several ideas (one of which is possibly imposing a 90% tax on the highest earners ). He's not that bad, even though I do not support anyone in the presidential debate.

The female whites, as well as the "minorities" are solidly behind Hillary Clinton, and in the absence of a miracle, she will comfortably win the primary contest.
Unfortunately that is a likely outcome.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
edward222

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:27:08 AM

Our predictions doesnt really matter,
what matters most is still the result of the upcoming election.
But if I will be asked if who I want to win,
for me I would like Biden to win this election Smiley
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:05:28 PM

If we check the conjuncture this time president will be chosen from Republicans. It's not too hard to tell.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:58:44 AM

Hey, you don't want US Politicians to take a serious interest in Bitcoin...they'd fuck it up so fast. Seriously. Politicians need to keep their do-anything-for-the-vote intentions as far away as possible from this good thing called Bitcoin.

OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:30:39 PM

Hey, you don't want US Politicians to take a serious interest in Bitcoin...they'd fuck it up so fast. Seriously. Politicians need to keep their do-anything-for-the-vote intentions as far away as possible from this good thing called Bitcoin.

+1

Yup, + 1

Yup, + 1 again.

I think that is exactly what would happen, all kinds of abuse potential out there re a cryptocurrency and politicians.  Maybe as the Bitcoin Ecosystem get stronger, it will become more resistant to political tampering.

There is still a major BTC weakness: cashing it in for goods or fiat.  Still, were BTC to become really big, maybe that problem would solve itself.  But, if BTC becomes really BIG, then that would attract the interest of politicians...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: