Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:17:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3x5830 1 runs about 100Kh/s slower than the other 2  (Read 1807 times)
Nolo (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 06:41:20 PM

Well, if it still does that with only one card in though, there's something fundamentally wrong with the card I would think.  He should test it on another system before he buys a new PSU.  I run 3x 7950s on an 850w PSU and I've never seen a hiccup.

I can get all 3 to mine for a period of time now and all at the same rate as long as I keep intensity to 17 or below.  Temps aren't an issue either.  But I've noticed as soon as I do anything (even just making the fans run faster) I pretty much get a BSOD error and shutdown. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Bigal

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 06:59:45 PM

Well, if it still does that with only one card in though, there's something fundamentally wrong with the card I would think.  He should test it on another system before he buys a new PSU.  I run 3x 7950s on an 850w PSU and I've never seen a hiccup.

I can get all 3 to mine for a period of time now and all at the same rate as long as I keep intensity to 17 or below.  Temps aren't an issue either.  But I've noticed as soon as I do anything (even just making the fans run faster) I pretty much get a BSOD error and shutdown. 

Well that's a start, I agree with taco I would at least look at the bios in rbe and see if it has been altered any if so maybe flash it with one of your other cards bios. Then I would maybe try to under volt/clock the cards and check your stability with a lesser power draw on your psu.

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:26:14 AM

Well that's a start, I agree with taco I would at least look at the bios in rbe and see if it has been altered any if so maybe flash it with one of your other cards bios. Then I would maybe try to under volt/clock the cards and check your stability with a lesser power draw on your psu.

Well after two days, I figured it out.  The card is bad.  As a matter of fact two of them are bad.  I purchased a lot of 3 5830s off of ebay the other day, and it turns out two out of the three were bad.  With these 3 I now had a total of 5x5830s.  I tested each one individually.  Three of them worked, and two of the ones that came in the lot of three had problems.  I'm going to get the seller to take these back and file a dispute with ebay over them. 

I appreciate the help from everyone.  Hate to waste your time on what I thought was a real problem, but in reality it turns out some jackass just tried to rip me off. 

(On a side note, are you ready to sell me that PSU of yours Bigal?   Grin )

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Bigal

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:55:25 AM

(On a side note, are you ready to sell me that PSU of yours Bigal?   Grin )

If you buy the stuff attached to it I'll give it to you lol Wink

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:54:10 PM

If the 2 cards are bad do an RMA on them and see if its still under manufactures warranty.

I had 1x 3850x2 that was working perfect until playing on high end games contacted acer about found out the 2nd hand card had around 1 year warranty left with manufactures sent it off for testing to them and they confirmed it was defected. I paid about $40 off ebay for it the said will replace with new.

To my shock they upgraded to a 5870 brand new worth around $200+ at the time.

My advise find out if its got any warranty left on it and send it back to them. You might be lucky  Smiley

I'm going to do that.  I just got a refund from the seller, and he told me I could keep the cards (so he most likely knew they were bad to begin with).  XFX appears to have a 2 year warranty on these cards.  They say that if you don't have a receipt, then they will go from the date they sold the cards.  How do I find out when they sold the cards?  Just email and ask them? 

stoppots

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:41:19 PM

Can you post your cgminer.conf file? From wat I can tell you've been starting cgminer from the command line.

To get these cards running more efficiently it would help to start cgminer using a configuration (.conf) file. That way you can set your clocks on each card individually as well as undervolt those that are able to be under volted. This would help bigtime with running more cards on your PSU as well as lower your electric bill.

To write a config file, (while cgminer is running) press (S) then (W) confirm to write as cgminer.conf. Then post that file and we'll get it edited and configure your 5830's to mine more efficiently.

After writing the config file (cgminer.conf) if you wish to continue starting from command line just change the config file name to something like cgminer.con_ or else cgminer will automatically try to automatically load the cgminer.conf by default.

EDIT:
Also if you can specify the brand and model of each card this will be needed also as there are many different variations of this card some vary in its capabilities.

Also if you can state which opencl version your running.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: