Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:24:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Friday - Black Friday for Bitcoin Businesses. (Info inside)  (Read 7399 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:45:14 PM

Good idea! This may very well be the first time I purchase anything on "black Friday" in ~12 years I've been in North America. One concern is the credibility of all merchants you let participate. Given tne irreversibility of bitcoin payments, it would be a PR disaster to let a scammer or an incompetent merchant sneak through and ruin somebody's first-ever Bitcoin experience. This is why I liked MtGox's "trusted merchant" idea, although í don't how well it's implemented. Anyway, please screen carefully whom you advertise on this Web page.

Also, we need more buzz in the media about this campaign, with links to easy-to-start wallets. How would you get a curious newbie to get and spend bitcoins in a few days?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 05:24:22 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 07:41:55 PM by Bees Brothers

We are going to give a Bitcoin Friday bonus to our employees/owners (the kids Wink) so they can purchase something on Black Friday.

Still working out what kind of gift packages we are going to offer.

Thanks Coinabul for putting this together!

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Coinabul (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 06:51:26 PM

Good idea! This may very well be the first time I purchase anything on "black Friday" in ~12 years I've been in North America. One concern is the credibility of all merchants you let participate. Given tne irreversibility of bitcoin payments, it would be a PR disaster to let a scammer or an incompetent merchant sneak through and ruin somebody's first-ever Bitcoin experience. This is why I liked MtGox's "trusted merchant" idea, although í don't how well it's implemented. Anyway, please screen carefully whom you advertise on this Web page.

Also, we need more buzz in the media about this campaign, with links to easy-to-start wallets. How would you get a curious newbie to get and spend bitcoins in a few days?
Make me a page!

Also, I'm screening them myself, I've disallowed a couple sites due to quality issues... But I won't take responsibility for all merchants, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask about them!

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 06:55:18 PM

Great idea, I hope you guys rock the sale!

Maybe it's time for me to finally grab one of those lasers.    Grin

Anyone here every try one out? I don't know why, but I want one. Badly. lol
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 08:07:42 PM

Bitrated user: Mick.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 08:24:34 PM

^ In your dreams  Grin

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 08:46:27 PM

I'll be at least on the lookout for things to buy...  Wink
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:08:17 PM

Make me a page!

Also, I'm screening them myself, I've disallowed a couple sites due to quality issues... But I won't take responsibility for all merchants, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask about them!

Great, but can you suggest specific sequence of steps I should recommend a btc-curious person to take, so they can acquire and then spend coins within a day or two? To me this is still  a sticking point: too many possibillities, endless combinations, most of them half-baked or too intimidating for an average person.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:06:40 AM

We are going to give a Bitcoin Friday bonus to our employees/owners (the kids Wink) so they can purchase something on Black Friday.

Looking forward to this. I'm long overdue for another order. You guys have the best caramels.
Coinabul (OP)

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 03:20:57 AM

Make me a page!

Great, but can you suggest specific sequence of steps I should recommend a btc-curious person to take, so they can acquire and then spend coins within a day or two? To me this is still  a sticking point: too many possibillities, endless combinations, most of them half-baked or too intimidating for an average person.
There is no easy method unfortunately. I hope this highlights the difficulty of using Bitcoin and how it needs to change!

I'm really stressing that merchants with a physical presence host a "Bitcoin Party" to sell bitcoins for cash and teach consumers how to use clients. That's ideally the easiest way to buy coins on the day of.

Cheers,
-Jon

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 04:00:57 AM

I'm really stressing that merchants with a physical presence host a "Bitcoin Party" to sell bitcoins for cash and teach consumers how to use clients. That's ideally the easiest way to buy coins on the day of.

I will get Whiskey Dicks in Orlando to do a happy hour special on Friday after work, and I'll be there to educate and sell bitcoins.  I always help people install a wallet on their phone when I'm there.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Coinabul (OP)

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 04:01:28 AM

I will get Whiskey Dicks in Orlando to do a happy hour special on Friday after work, and I'll be there to educate and sell bitcoins.  I always help people install a wallet on their phone when I'm there.

Perfect! Smiley

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 12:31:35 PM

In Helsinki we have the Bitcoin Café on Bitcoin Friday.

http://www.facebook.com/events/348863115209832/

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:36:26 PM

Any update on what bitcoin special you are going to run?
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:24:09 AM

Anyone need a concealment holster? I'll be putting up some holsters that I'll be liquidating on Bitcoin Friday. It was a deal gone bad for me, but the timing was perfect to help out the bitcoin economy. More details coming when I get them up on the site.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 06:01:21 AM

Any update on what bitcoin special you are going to run?

It looks like we are going to offer 20% off all our items.  This will hopefully get some new future customers and a way of saying thanks to the repeat customers.  We will post on our thread tomorrow night.

Anyone need a concealment holster? I'll be putting up some holsters that I'll be liquidating on Bitcoin Friday. It was a deal gone bad for me, but the timing was perfect to help out the bitcoin economy. More details coming when I get them up on the site.

I might be interested in a concealment holster for a Sig 226 and a 228.
What I really need right now is something like an Uncle Mike's Kydex Belt holster for two FMK 9C1's and the 226. Got anything like that?

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 04:42:17 PM

Soon it starts! Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 07:01:32 PM

Created our blog post about it finally. http://shiresilver.com/blog/2012/nov/bitcoin_friday_promotional_deal

Turning off the PayPal and credit card options tonight so tomorrow we'll be bitcoin only (just for the day).

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:55:18 PM

MtGox has halved their fees!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:04:19 PM

I intend to spend some coins at privateinternetaccess.com.   Grin

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: