Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:10:53 AM

The fact that the reputation isn't exactly at its finest is what is keeping people from it. Nobody is going to want to occupy a currency which attracts criminals.

Nothing in the world can come even close to what damage fiat currencies have caused. But people are still using it. Bitcoin is not different from fiat currencies as it's getting used by all sorts of people for different purposes, but Bitcoin is the one that is being blamed for being used by criminals.

To add on to your last word, simply because Bitcoin is mostly advertised by people as being "anonymous". Hence ... people think only criminals use it. Yes, criminals does use Bitcoin but I believe (from my perspective), Bitcoin is being used by more legit reasons than illegal transaction.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:52:10 AM

The fact that the reputation isn't exactly at its finest is what is keeping people from it. Nobody is going to want to occupy a currency which attracts criminals.

Nothing in the world can come even close to what damage fiat currencies have caused. But people are still using it. Bitcoin is not different from fiat currencies as it's getting used by all sorts of people for different purposes, but Bitcoin is the one that is being blamed for being used by criminals.

To add on to your last word, simply because Bitcoin is mostly advertised by people as being "anonymous". Hence ... people think only criminals use it. Yes, criminals does use Bitcoin but I believe (from my perspective), Bitcoin is being used by more legit reasons than illegal transaction.

That's true it depends on an individual how he views it, different people hold different perceptions towards bitcoin, and no one can change it.
HatredofUrLife

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:15:34 AM

That's true it depends on an individual how he views it, different people hold different perceptions towards bitcoin, and no one can change it.
Yeah but the point is that the anonymity of the currency is attacking more laundering.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:22:10 AM

It is now the governments are stopping their citizens from using bitcoin. Countries like Russia, Venzeulua and I even think some part in China since they are still under communist rule.
I would also think North Korea as they don't like western contact/influence.

Anyway bitcoin is using in Russia and other CIS countires, goverment can't stop people using bitcoin cause they can't know about it. Only you will come and tell them that you are bitcoin user, lol  Grin
Well it might be true that government is stopping some people from making use of bitcoin, like in Russia and the some of countries. So that might be what’s stopping people, but for me, if government will stop me from using bitcoin, I will stop them from digging minerals.
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:26:08 AM

Maybe the price fall? Because I've seen alot of people(including me) who bought BTC with curiosity, but they were so scared when the price was dropping.

No one's bothered when the price rises, but if it falls, that's when people piss in their pants. Maybe that could be one of the reason?

that probably could be a reason of people's who stopped bitcoin. but let me say if people stopped bitcoin because of it's price ups and downs. it mean they don't aware of bitcoin completely. they don't know how the bitcoin's price works. and how to get profit.  If I were there place I would buy more and more. 

I've been in that place where I kept on buying and buying and holding.
I have a very bad luck that when I hold BTC, it falls and it rises when I don't have any or when I sell all.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:11:50 AM

Maybe the price fall? Because I've seen alot of people(including me) who bought BTC with curiosity, but they were so scared when the price was dropping.

No one's bothered when the price rises, but if it falls, that's when people piss in their pants. Maybe that could be one of the reason?

that probably could be a reason of people's who stopped bitcoin. but let me say if people stopped bitcoin because of it's price ups and downs. it mean they don't aware of bitcoin completely. they don't know how the bitcoin's price works. and how to get profit.  If I were there place I would buy more and more. 

I have a very bad luck that when I hold BTC, it falls and it rises when I don't have any or when I sell all.

you don't suppose to sell your bitcoin to lower price. if you bought bitcoins and then price falls down. then you should keep patient and wait for price increase. like now bitcoin price is good.
now buy again. this is the right time to buy and store bitcoin. if you bow now in next 2 or 3 months when halving come and done. you'll get lots of people.
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:24:31 AM

The thing that stops people from using bitcoin is that they think its just a waste of time as it needs a lot of time understanding bitcoin and they probably think it has no future.
Yeah I Agree, my friends think that this is the waste of time, because i suggest to them start to the fauceting so that they know how hard to get money, so that if they know how hard, they dont waste their money in betting sites , but they cant waste their time here. They want easy money.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:34:35 AM

others can not stop to use bitcoin. bitcoin is a financial payment media are very easy to use, the medium most quickly and economically. everyone would prefer these types of payments. bitcoin could not be eliminated.
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:45:24 AM

that probably could be a reason of people's who stopped bitcoin. but let me say if people stopped bitcoin because of it's price ups and downs. it mean they don't aware of bitcoin completely. they don't know how the bitcoin's price works. and how to get profit.  If I were there place I would buy more and more.  

you don't suppose to sell your bitcoin to lower price. if you bought bitcoins and then price falls down. then you should keep patient and wait for price increase. like now bitcoin price is good.
now buy again. this is the right time to buy and store bitcoin. if you bow now in next 2 or 3 months when halving come and done. you'll get lots of people.

I'm so impatient, if I have bought it at higher price and the price is getting low, I get panic(Which I need to control).
No, I can't buy at this price. I might wait for it until it goes to $400 atleast(because I've been seeing that the price get stable at or around $460 most of the times, so if I buy at $400, my profit will be $60)  Grin
Shibashi Dogemoto

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:54:03 AM

Yeah the adaption level of the people will depend on the price at the halving, if price goes higher then it will change the mindset of the people for sure and will start using bitcoin.
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 11:42:42 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 02:20:31 PM by SAMKUSH

Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency
others just want to use the old school notes and coins
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:04:25 PM

Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency
others just want to the old school notes and coins

There are hardly any punishments globally so no this can't be the problem.
My bet is that most people are still afraid it is money for criminals, hence they ignore it.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:04:38 PM

Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency

I think every country has different problem about using bitcoin, poor technology, bans, and lets face the reality that many people still don't know about bitcoin..
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:15:00 PM

I think every country has different problem about using bitcoin, poor technology, bans, and lets face the reality that many people still don't know about bitcoin..

That is true, how can we expect people to hold or use bitcoin if they have not even heard about it, if they know what bitcoin is I am sure they will start using it.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:27:36 PM

Most technical aspects makes it hard for people to get bitcoins and even more worse is it sounds very technical for them so they ignore it.
So it must be fixed with a clear wallet which a 8 year old can use.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:32:16 PM

Most technical aspects makes it hard for people to get bitcoins and even more worse is it sounds very technical for them so they ignore it.
So it must be fixed with a clear wallet which a 8 year old can use.

Maybe you are right, but the most basic things that all people stop Bitcoin is because they assume that Bitcoin has no advantage, so they left the Bitcoin and looking for other currencies. Actually how their thinking is very wrong, because Bitcoin has many advantages if they could further study the Bitcoin
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:27:08 PM

just thought i ask if we have any name for it what do we call the fear of using bitcoins?? crypto-phobia
hope everyone can overcome their  crypto-phobia
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:30:48 PM

just thought i ask if we have any name for it what do we call the fear of using bitcoins?? crypto-phobia
hope everyone can overcome their  crypto-phobia
I think crypto-phobia is more of a combination of other ideas or concepts that negatively impact their view of Bitcoin.

I doubt anyone just has an inherent fear of Bitcoin, or cryptos in general.
bitconerian

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:37:09 PM

<>
Maybe you are right, but the most basic things that all people stop Bitcoin is because they assume that Bitcoin has no advantage <>

Not "no advantage(s)," just "not enough advantages to outweigh all the disadvantages."
Just like living in a cardboard box next to my office has many advantages: would save me time & gas getting to work, no electricity bills, no property tax, etc., etc., but these advantages pale in light of the disadvantages associated with the cardboard box lifestyle.
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:49:07 PM

hope everyone can overcome their  crypto-phobia
Lol I think no one is afraid of bitcoin. bitcoin phobia? I have never heard?
even we have to admit that a lot of people do not know about bitcoin. so there is no phobia about bitcoin

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: