Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:17:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 12:01:50 PM

People aren't using bitcoin because they have bank accounts, credit cards, and fiat.  To most, there isn't a very large incentive to link their bank account information to a possibly fraudulent bitcoin gateway to get a currency that may, or may not, be worth what they paid for it an hour from now.  Besides, isn't it easier to use cash?
TemplarKnightUK

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:07:55 PM

To quote a good friend of mine, "because it doesn't have the backing [I kid you not] of government if it fails: no FSCS protection, etc...".

Or, variously, "I trust the government"

Madness.

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:22:11 PM

Price volatility can be one of the reason for people not using bitcoin, as bitcoin is new in terms of an investment and the future is unpredictable, to be honest people don't have faith in bitcoin.
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:51:54 PM

Price volatility can be one of the reason for people not using bitcoin, as bitcoin is new in terms of an investment and the future is unpredictable, to be honest people don't have faith in bitcoin.
in my opinion that is the biggest thing what makes people not starting using bitcoins, but it also attracts more traders to bitcoin so i guess that doesnt make too much negative impact

also governments sometimes stop people from using their bitcoins to be honest because people are sometimes not allowed to use their bitcoins as they might be punished with prison

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:06:27 PM

People may not trust the security around bitcoin.

That's really an issue and reason why people are stopping from using bitcoin. Because there are some people that are tackling about the security of
bitcoin wallet addresses.
Thinking about that an hacker can easily penetrate to their accounts and get the balance they have.
I think bitcoin is one of the safest things... Because the wallet does not show your information and the id of the wallet are really long .. I the real bank they have the Id, email, contact no., and various personal info, but this wallet are safe...So security may not be the major cause !
and i don't think its an easy job to do !
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:47:48 PM

To quote a good friend of mine, "because it doesn't have the backing [I kid you not] of government if it fails: no FSCS protection, etc...".

Madness.

I don't trust the government. In most cases, I hate the government. However, I do trust them slightly more than some stranger (like Mark Karpeles), halfway around the world, holding my personal information (even drivers license, credit card or debit card info), running a business that may or may not be around tomorrow.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:19:42 PM

Agreed, most users have the same thinking. The price fluctuation happening without being stable for a long time is the major reason for which users hesitate to be a part of bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
TemplarKnightUK

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:12:20 PM

Madness.

I don't trust the government. In most cases, I hate the government. However, I do trust them slightly more than some stranger (like Mark Karpeles), halfway around the world, holding my personal information (even drivers license, credit card or debit card info), running a business that may or may not be around tomorrow.

Very true; assume that if you don't hold the private keys to unspent outputs, they're not yours. I wouldn't give debit or credit card info anyway, but these things are all a question of due diligence.

Those who are better at it, just as with every day life, get more out of bitcoin Smiley

Those who aren't... buy cloud hashes...

eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:15:22 PM

Agreed, most users have the same thinking. The price fluctuation happening without being stable for a long time is the major reason for which users hesitate to be a part of bitcoin.
That is one of the reason for sure and the other major factor is it hasn't received a green signal from the Government and if it does then we can find many new investors in future.
TemplarKnightUK

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:27:16 PM

That is one of the reason for sure and the other major factor is it hasn't received a green signal from the Government and if it does then we can find many new investors in future.

To be quite frank, I've thought about this, and the volatility only really precludes those who would buy it as a speculative investment or inflationary hedge. Others who might buy it are the hobbyists (like stamp-collectors and, to a large extent, me).

Volatility and green lights are no barriers to the ordinary masses investing in bitcoin if only there were proper, tangible uses for the thing. I've been walking around the streets looking at merchants thinking "why don't you accept BTC". Especially the irksome ones who don't even accept VISA, either because they are tax evading or just plain dumb. But at essentially 6p per transaction where VISA only require about 2-3p, and even then merchants throw on all sorts of punitive measures like "50p extra charge; minimum £10,000,000... spend; etc", bitcoin just does not look feasible, sadly. Fees need to decrease; wait for Segwite; wait for off-chain solutions. And reduce the number of miners and things might improve. People have to be disincentivised to mine. But that may well come in 10 days' time.

StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:32:12 PM

yes it is a fact that most of the people are not investing in bitcoin because bitcoin is not accepted by the government. bitcoin is still not legalize by the government. but still in present time we can see that as it is expected that in next few days the rate of the bitcoin is expected to be double so new people are investing in the world of bitocoin.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:47:16 PM

I think many people are disappointed with the increase in the price of bitcoin. Well, when they lose, they started selling bitcoin they have and begin to stop using bitcoin, but I guess when the bitcoin prices go up, they will start using bitcoin again
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:47:57 PM

To be quite frank, I've thought about this, and the volatility only really precludes those who would buy it as a speculative investment or inflationary hedge. Others who might buy it are the hobbyists (like stamp-collectors and, to a large extent, me).

Volatility and green lights are no barriers to the ordinary masses investing in bitcoin if only there were proper, tangible uses for the thing. I've been walking around the streets looking at merchants thinking "why don't you accept BTC". Especially the irksome ones who don't even accept VISA, either because they are tax evading or just plain dumb. But at essentially 6p per transaction where VISA only require about 2-3p, and even then merchants throw on all sorts of punitive measures like "50p extra charge; minimum £10,000,000... spend; etc", bitcoin just does not look feasible, sadly. Fees need to decrease; wait for Segwite; wait for off-chain solutions. And reduce the number of miners and things might improve. People have to be disincentivised to mine. But that may well come in 10 days' time.

I agree with you on this.  And well the major  thing that stopping people to use BTC is the access to internet.  If you don't have internet you can't access BTC period.  Though some try to be innovative and use bluetooth  to create a transaction offline but the bottom line, still need the internet to connect to network and sync the transaction.  And not all have access to INTERNET!  I think I gone too literal on this lol.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:52:41 PM

What is letting people not using the bitcoin is the bad name, a lot of media has really given the bitcoin a bad name.
People are thinking its only used by criminals...
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:54:54 PM

What is letting people not using the bitcoin is the bad name, a lot of media has really given the bitcoin a bad name.

Those are the people with narrow mindsets and I really don't think that we should waste our time in thinking what people around us are thinking about bitcoin, better to move ahead and keep on earning.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:50:37 AM

Ease of use and lack of secured hard wallets.
Ease of use : bitcoin is really much easier to use than other currencies, because you do not have to worry about reverse of your transactions. More over it is an advantage of bitcoins over fiats for online usage.

Lack of secure hard wallets : Hmmm don't know, but surely online wallets and desktop wallets are much more secured with your encryption.
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:54:44 AM

Perhaps, but most people swallow the raw news that he got. This may be the beginning of where they will regret it in the future. This is not a problem for bitcoin, because there are still many people who have a mindset that is much more advanced than the people, the future of the bitcoin can already ascertained is very nice and good. So if anyone stopped using bitcoin, it would not be a problem
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:10:12 AM

Some people are afraid that they will get hacked or something if they spend there own money to invest in to Bitcoin. I can understand that because the feeling of someone else stealing your money and not even knowing who it is is the worst feeling.
only for fear hacked I think it's not a good reason to get out of bitcoin even your bank account could have been mapped out by thieves or hackers right ? so I think you can solve this problem without the need to exit from bitcoin right?
You can add security to your wallet
Superbitzz

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:50:31 AM

I agree with you on this.  And well the major  thing that stopping people to use BTC is the access to internet.  If you don't have internet you can't access BTC period.  Though some try to be innovative and use bluetooth  to create a transaction offline but the bottom line, still need the internet to connect to network and sync the transaction.  And not all have access to INTERNET!  I think I gone too literal on this lol.
i think in present time internet is not a big problem i think internet is available ever where but there are some other issues that stopping people from bitocin. of the reason is that if you earn bitcoin from a signature campaign. and then you convert your money into dollar or any other currency. they you are using bank for withdraw the banks wants the source of income what will you do then as bitcoin is not legal and there is no tax on bitoicn.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:08:01 AM

Madness.

"Madness" you say mentioning the government. Well, by my kind apologies just pointing out (you are from UK, right?) not all Govs are like that, like yours  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: