Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202112 times)
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:11:49 AM

The main problem is that people just don't even know what bitcoin is and how to use it, many people think that it's a scam or something else without any sense.

People with that mindset surely despise bitcoins. They can't understand it, so their instinct is to hate it. Whenever you open up the topic bitcoins to someone who have read somewhere that a scam was done with bitcoins, they will just share that story and spread the hate that he has to other non-bitcoin people. We can't blame them, no matter how you feed positive things to a person, he will always think of the negative ones in his mind. It is hard to change somebody else's mindset.

dligman82

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:56:27 AM

I think that BTC is still a relatively young currency.  It takes time for people to collectively build up enough trust in a currency.  It probably takes about 10 or more years for this to happen.  I think that if our current global financial crisis continues to worsen, more and more people will turn to bitcoin.  As a forex trader I can attest that BTC/USD is already a viable trading option even though it is less liquid than the other currencies.  There are so many advantages of BTC over the USD that I don't see why it wouldn't continue to increase in value.

Also, even when BTC reaches its maximum volume, BTC subdivision will continue and miners will be rewarded via transaction fees in a highly competitive market.
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:16:47 AM

The main problem is that people just don't even know what bitcoin is and how to use it, many people think that it's a scam or something else without any sense.
yeah a lot of people think bitcoin is an MLM business or something. Sometimes I feel angry when one of the big MLM using bitcoin to advertise

Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:32:52 AM

yeah a lot of people think bitcoin is an MLM business or something. Sometimes I feel angry when one of the big MLM using bitcoin to advertise

I know what you mean. I too find myself in the perturbation when listening from the ignorant people that Bitcoin is allegedly a pyramid scheme.
What is the reason for such reasoning? It's just propaganda on television. People used to believe in all that nonsense TV broadcasts. And we know how banks and governments are afraid of Bitcoin. At least in my country.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:51:23 AM

Yes and that is what is needed to be changed. If that attitude will be passed on to different people then its going to get harder to pursue them to join us. We need more people to get hooked in bitcoin. Its popularity will have an impact in the future.
I think it's fair when bitcoin preached ugly things from the media and then many users are not interested in bitcoin. it is a natural thing from the people themselves to protect themselve  to improve the image bitcoin surely we must do advertising in tv or other media so that the image bitcoin be good

Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:22:52 AM

In my opinion, maybe because the price is fluctuating. So, they fear that if the price drops drastically.
Indeed. One of the possible reason is the fear to volatility of bitcoin. Some find it uncomfortable to put their money a coin that is not so stable enought and might had a chance to lose their coins.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:06:53 AM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?
idont think they will stop using bitcoin specially when the bitcoin price  will go rise more . but the reason you will stop using bitcoin when your multiple times got scammed and lost more money just the only reason to stop using it or bitcoin will going to dead.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:18:02 PM

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?
idont think they will stop using bitcoin specially when the bitcoin price  will go rise more . but the reason you will stop using bitcoin when your multiple times got scammed and lost more money just the only reason to stop using it or bitcoin will going to dead.

That is really frustrating when people are getting victimized a lot of times with scam sites. I don't know if they are the reason why they are getting victimized again and again and they are not learning the lesson at all.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:16:43 PM

That is really frustrating when people are getting victimized a lot of times with scam sites. I don't know if they are the reason why they are getting victimized again and again and they are not learning the lesson at all.
I think it's because of the very good to be true promises of sites and i think it result them to be a blind on investing because most of the investment site usually shows great service which is very tempting for investors. We can't blame them because just like us they also want to earn fast money.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:27:08 PM

In my opinion, maybe because the price is fluctuating. So, they fear that if the price drops drastically.
Indeed. One of the possible reason is the fear to volatility of bitcoin. Some find it uncomfortable to put their money a coin that is not so stable enought and might had a chance to lose their coins.
The volatility is good for people with small deposit's and that is what attracts them but is very bad for people with big money,
they usually want to make steady income,and they feel btc isnt for them because the price may do weird things
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:40:52 PM

Volatility is the reason why people loss but also price volatility is the reason why people earns a lot from doing trading. People are afraid because they don't know what they are doing.

They will never learn to do trades if they will don't build experiences.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:46:38 PM

Volatility is the reason why people loss but also price volatility is the reason why people earns a lot from doing trading. People are afraid because they don't know what they are doing.

volatility should be utilized as a big advantage, but not everyone can take a good chance of it. yes they need to learn to get the experience. but those who stopped using bitcoin most of them get a scammer.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:52:01 PM

volatility should be utilized as a big advantage, but not everyone can take a good chance of it. yes they need to learn to get the experience. but those who stopped using bitcoin most of them get a scammer.

Volatility should be treated as an opportunity to make profits and not as a threat of loosing money, if you are smart enough then you will take it positively and earn good profits regularly.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:01:33 PM

Volatility should be treated as an opportunity to make profits and not as a threat of loosing money, if you are smart enough then you will take it positively and earn good profits regularly.
But the problem is how they can earn good profit regularly.. because i am still earning regularly with bitcoin.. except for signature campaign..
How about the other people didn't know this forum?
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:19:31 PM

But the problem is how they can earn good profit regularly.. because i am still earning regularly with bitcoin.. except for signature campaign..

If they are not aware about this forum then its our responsibility to teach them about bitcoin as more  users will lead to higher price of bitcoin in future.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:33:01 PM

Well no one to blame in that case except themselves. Hoping for a shortcut earnings that's why they got scammed.

Some people really lazy to do such good methods which will give them good outputs that's why they are enthusiast of a shortcut methods.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:24:20 PM

If they are not aware about this forum then its our responsibility to teach them about bitcoin as more  users will lead to higher price of bitcoin in future.
that is a good idea. in my area most of the people do not know any thing about bitcoin. they have very limited knowledge about bitcion. they really need training. the second big problem is that here we have no opportunity to do shopping using bitcoin.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 09:43:03 PM

People just don't know how to or even don't know about bitcoin, sometimes people can't use it cause it illegal in country where are they live.

Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:03:09 AM

People just don't know how to or even don't know about bitcoin, sometimes people can't use it cause it illegal in country where are they live.
Lets say the most people dont know bitcoin, i dont know no one at my region that knows bitcoin, or had read about it. Media are hiding bitcoin from public, only online people as we are able to search about bitcoin and make their decisions.
shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1025

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:46:59 AM

idont think they will stop using bitcoin specially when the bitcoin price will go rise more . but the reason you will stop using bitcoin when your multiple times got scammed and lost more money just the only reason to stop using it or bitcoin will going to dead.

I sure if the scam sites become an important reason to make people stop using bitcoin because they always losing their amount and not getting their money back. and require them to put new funds to investment. I will feel depression if that's happened in myself.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: