Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:14:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTK about Paypal!  (Read 1548 times)
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 01:13:58 PM

Hey there guys i want to know what is the best way to deal with a person who is willing to pay you through paypal .. Actually i m going to buy some btc like 100$ at pretty good rate that's why i wanted to know !

What i know is that if i am the Buyer Then i am pretty much in safe zone ? I mean if i'm giving Paypal and the other guy giving me BTC ?

EDIT : Can`t use Escrow he's not on forum .
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:20:14 PM

You really mixed what you wanted to say.
If you are the seller you are in the "danger zone".
Because the buyer can make a chargeback request even after few weeks.
About the escrow you can use but in this case it's a bit complicated because of chargeback.
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 01:23:18 PM

About the escrow you can use but in this case it's a bit complicated because of chargeback.

but i think much more safer ? because i'm the one who is giving paypal and getting bitcoins...bitcoins can't be chargedback !
Also as i mentioned the User is not on the forum ! Just edited my post !
jt byte

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:43:28 PM

but i think much more safer ? because i'm the one who is giving paypal and getting bitcoins...bitcoins can't be chargedback !
Also as i mentioned the User is not on the forum ! Just edited my post !

If you are the buyer then you are in the "safe zone"
The seller can't chargeback you as bitcoin doesn't work like paypal.
Everything is good just take care when you deal especially if you have to send first, maybe contact an escrow.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1571

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 01:53:32 PM

Generally you should be safe. But (afaik) if you send money as 'gift' the only way you can get it back (if seller fails to deliver) is to claim (lie) that your account got hacked. So make sure you send it as payment (he can email you detailed payment request beforehand).

And as an extra precaution, you can divide it into several smaller transactions to reduce the risk.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:00:05 PM

Generally you should be safe. But (afaik) if you send money as 'gift' the only way you can get it back (if seller fails to deliver) is to claim (lie) that your account got hacked. So make sure you send it as payment (he can email you detailed payment request beforehand).

And as an extra precaution, you can divide it into several smaller transactions to reduce the risk.

You mean if i make 10 transactions of 10$ then i'll be in safer zone ? But the transactions fees Sad
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:05:36 PM

You mean if i make 10 transactions of 10$ then i'll be in safer zone ? But the transactions fees Sad
Would you rather lose some cents or lose all of your amount? At any rate, use localbitcoins or cryptothrift for escrow if he is not on the forum.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:06:08 PM

Then make it 5, or 3, or whatever you want. Or just make one small, test tx first just to make sure he has bitcoins at all.

But more important for you would be to send money as payment.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:14:58 PM

Then make it 5, or 3, or whatever you want. Or just make one small, test tx first just to make sure he has bitcoins at all.

But more important for you would be to send money as payment.

Oh i see , But i hope he pays me first then it'll be much more good for me !
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:16:38 PM

Well, if you are really worried about getting scammed you can always search for reputable member so you know that he's not trying to scam you Wink
try to go to trade exchange section, lots of trusted member are doing business there, you can exchange your Paypal to BTC and vice versa Grin
Or go to localbitcoins Roll Eyes

Hope this helps Smiley
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:20:48 PM

Well, if you are really worried about getting scammed you can always search for reputable member so you know that he's not trying to scam you Wink
try to go to trade exchange section, lots of trusted member are doing business there, you can exchange your Paypal to BTC and vice versa Grin
Or go to localbitcoins Roll Eyes

Hope this helps Smiley

Reputable members = Higher interest Tongue
So i,ll give him a try i'm talking with him as soon as i done the deals i,ll lock the thread down .
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:22:38 PM

You'd have zero risk then. But I doubt that he would do that, unless he really trusts you.

Does he sell much below market price? If so, that's a big red flag.

ps. Anyone knows are unverified paypal accounts allowed to receive payments and spend balance?

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
jt byte

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:24:47 PM

You'd have zero risk then. But I doubt that he would do that, unless he really trusts you.

ps. Anyone knows are unverified paypal accounts allowed to receive payments and spend balance?

I think that it depends on the country that you registered in.
To spend balance you can't with a unverified paypal account.
But in some cases you can receive but i just heard didn't had any experience.
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

I  dont know but mine is verified account !
well 1$ for like 1$ i m getting !
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:35:02 PM

I  dont know but mine is verified account !

I meant seller's account. Just wondering what happens when he scams you and spends your money immediately. How will paypal recover the funds? I doubt they'll be very happy to refund you with their own money.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
jt byte

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

I  dont know but mine is verified account !

I meant seller's account. Just wondering what happens when he scams you and spends your money immediately. How will paypal recover the funds? I doubt they'll be very happy to refund you with their own money.

If this happens then the seller's paypal will get negative balance like -$200
So if the seller chooses to use again this paypal account then he should pay this negative balance.
Otherwise there is no chance to get back the money, haven't any experience in this in the past.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:04:05 PM

If this happens then the seller's paypal will get negative balance like -$200
So if the seller chooses to use again this paypal account then he should pay this negative balance.
Otherwise there is no chance to get back the money, haven't any experience in this in the past.

But what if you create new paypal account with fake details? You wouldn't really care about negative balance as you won't use that account again.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:11:49 PM

For PayPal and Bitcoin transfers, you can try VirWox but their fee is very high. Trusting members of this forum is risking your PP funds as not always people transact in bitcoins via PayPal and sometimes chargebacks don't work if the seller doesn't send the bitcoins. You already have a neutral feedback claiming you are UME and hence it's very unlikely that you can trade via PP with any member of this forum.

lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 04:19:27 PM

For PayPal and Bitcoin transfers, you can try VirWox but their fee is very high. Trusting members of this forum is risking your PP funds as not always people transact in bitcoins via PayPal and sometimes chargebacks don't work if the seller doesn't send the bitcoins. You already have a neutral feedback claiming you are UME and hence it's very unlikely that you can trade via PP with any member of this forum.

First of all its not About my previous account ! second if you can prove anything i done bad on the forum show me !
UME story is really hurting one i dont want to explain to every person ! i m done pm'ing every single reputable person on this forum ..
Thanks for your suggestion .
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:30:39 PM

First of all its not About my previous account ! second if you can prove anything i done bad on the forum show me !
UME story is really hurting one i dont want to explain to every person ! i m done pm'ing every single reputable person on this forum ..
Thanks for your suggestion .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1073373.msg11476442#msg11476442 this seems plenty of evidence and you have the neutral from a member of DefaultTrust that too from Depth two, I believe they will have a good enough reason before putting a feedback on any account. Anyway I am not here to start a discussion how you are not that guy, but if you are not just reply so in the thread I have posted, and offer your reasoning/explanation and/or PM master-p about the feedback.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: