Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:34:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S5 and Wi-Fi  (Read 463 times)
xmatt007x (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:34:56 PM

I just got my S5 up and running.. I need to move the unit into the garage.. How can I add a Wi-Fi card to the S5 or can I use a Apple Express box?

If using Wi-Fi would it decrees the performance? How would I set something up like this?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:57:29 PM

I just got my S5 up and running.. I need to move the unit into the garage.. How can I add a Wi-Fi card to the S5 or can I use a Apple Express box?

If using Wi-Fi would it decrees the performance? How would I set something up like this?

yeah, use apple express if you have it.
if you already have your network extended to express, then easy peasy, just put express close to miner, then connect your miner to it by ethernet cord.
if you have multiple miners, then use ethernet hub to connect multiple miners to it, then connect hub to express. It should work.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:44:58 PM

yeah, use apple express if you have it.
if you already have your network extended to express, then easy peasy, just put express close to miner, then connect your miner to it by ethernet cord.
if you have multiple miners, then use ethernet hub to connect multiple miners to it, then connect hub to express. It should work.

Cheapest way would be to use an old laptop which has wifi and just do ICS thru ethernet.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██