Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:24:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Designer + Web Designer (for hire)  (Read 8829 times)
Largo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 03:16:45 AM

Since Beefsock already made 3 website designs (mostly CSS but also some grafics) for me here is some feedback:

He is usually sending design suggestions really early, when they still contain some errors/missing things, maybe thats why Carlos L. made those comments.
But he is easy to work with on doing it the way you want it from that point, so for me it was a good thing since i had many ideas already in my head, just didnt have the CSS and graphics skills to implement them myself. (Im a programmer so i cant even find 2 matching colors  Cheesy )

Also out of 4 designers who agreed to work with me, he was the first one to delivery a complete design.

For high end projects there are maybe better designers but i dont think you will find many of them working for the prices he charges and who also take bitcoin.

Will use his service again most likely.

Beefsock (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:44:04 PM

I appreciate Largo's review and encourage them in this thread. Unfortunately yes, I sent Carlos L. project files along the way before I was paid completely (as with you). I like to keep things pretty casual with people, no contracts and things of the like unless it's a large project. So far the people I've met and done work for on this forum/IRC have been great. One guy (Isokivi) even sent me keychains I made with my design on it. You can see them/buy them in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120686.0

I'm usually looking for work, anyone interested I'm just a PM away. (I've lowered my btc rates to compensate with the giant fluctuation in btc price, $17.36/btc right now!)
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 06:09:48 PM

I was very satisfied with the image I ended up and with the price, I tipped two of the finished products to beefsock as a thank you. Cant say anything about he's web design skills, but imagevise Im fairly sure I will be purchasing he's work again.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:58:27 PM

Bump. (Keepin' it on the front page)
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 04:35:59 PM

I have had work done by beefsock and his work has been, on time and he will change anything you do not like. Design is a process it usually takes a couple tweeks before they get it right. If anyone sent me a web design that was perfect on the first try I would be very very surprised.

I would hire beefsock again for work, I was satisfied when I used him.

Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:43:11 PM

Bump. (I've updated the first post with more work)  Smiley
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:11:34 AM

Bump.  Smiley
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 02:18:57 PM

Bump.  Smiley
Quit yer bumping and whip my logo out Smiley

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:42:55 PM

Awesome, im trying to build a website atm but its going to look awful with out some custom artwork. Ill keep you in mind.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:08:13 PM

Came to bump and realized I wasn't notified of the new posts Sad

Quit yer bumping and whip my logo out Smiley

It's practically done Smiley some polishing and I will have it to you this afternoon/evening.

Awesome, im trying to build a website atm but its going to look awful with out some custom artwork. Ill keep you in mind.

Awesome. Just drop me a PM if you end up needing me since like I said for some reason I'm not getting notifications of new posts in the thread.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:26:37 AM

I like the logo work! I'm looking to hire

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

I like the logo work! I'm looking to hire

Thanks  Smiley. Send me a PM if you are still interested, I'm always looking to fulfill your guys' design needs!
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:24:11 PM

Bump.  Smiley
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:40:42 PM

Beefsock, I like what I'm seeing here. You're invited to become a member at http://coind.net/, just sent you a PM.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Beefsock (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:04:16 PM

Bump.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:47:11 AM

0.185 /HR? 2-3HRS for a logo? Pfft. You are ripping people off and lying. I know someone who does this in less than 45 minutes.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:36:05 AM

I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:18:01 PM

I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.

Exactly why I gave those as an example. They're great artistically, and they only took 45 minutes. He could do one of those logo's listed in the OP in about 5 minutes if you gave him the things you wanted on it.  Saying it takes 2-3 hours is bullshit and it is a rip off, because it doesn't take that long at all if you're actually working on it. Say you're charging $60 for a layout, $25 for a logo, or whatever, but don't lie saying it takes 2-3 hours for something like that. If it does take you 2-3 hours, you're either OCD or just really slow.
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:39:20 PM

I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.

Exactly why I gave those as an example. They're great artistically, and they only took 45 minutes. He could do one of those logo's listed in the OP in about 5 minutes if you gave him the things you wanted on it.  Saying it takes 2-3 hours is bullshit and it is a rip off, because it doesn't take that long at all if you're actually working on it. Say you're charging $60 for a layout, $25 for a logo, or whatever, but don't lie saying it takes 2-3 hours for something like that. If it does take you 2-3 hours, you're either OCD or just really slow.
He took 38 hours to make me a template (which btw, was never finished).
He's also now taking over 20 days to come up with a avatar to my forum account.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:44:47 PM

Sorry beefsock, you're on your own there!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: