Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC PRICE GOIN UPPPPPP!!!  (Read 3069 times)
jmfar (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:32:50 AM

Hoping the trend holds.   I'd like to see 300s before 2016
It was at 300, then dropped to 200 so this is not progress at all.

Well it is fluctuating much less than it did last fall... Also, If you get in at 200 and sell at 260 that is huge progress and a gain.
That's settling for less. Why settle for 200 when you can have 1,000....I don't understand.

That spike will likely never happen again though.  That was back when BTC was heavily traded.  Now everyone is holding on to it and not trading that's why its so stable.  Sucks for investors but good for a legit currency.   Let me know if you disagree.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:42:06 AM

Well it is fluctuating much less than it did last fall... Also, If you get in at 200 and sell at 260 that is huge progress and a gain.
That's settling for less. Why settle for 200 when you can have 1,000....I don't understand.

That spike will likely never happen again though.  That was back when BTC was heavily traded.  Now everyone is holding on to it and not trading that's why its so stable.  Sucks for investors but good for a legit currency.   Let me know if you disagree.
I disagree, sorry. I want it to be 1,000.

I will attempt to hold about 10 coins.

I will hold it for 2 years...

If I don't get 10,000 for just sitting around in 2 years, I'm done. Because in two years, I would have done every single trick I could in my book to promote bitcoin. I can do a lot alone, but this is the one act that I cannot do alone. Everyone has to fight with me, or we should just stop playing with these coins, and our futures because waiting and hoping for our situation to get better is just not going to happen.
svein

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:55:17 AM

not enough if you are one of those that missed the 2013 bubble
jmfar (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:59:11 AM

That spike will likely never happen again though.  That was back when BTC was heavily traded.  Now everyone is holding on to it and not trading that's why its so stable.  Sucks for investors but good for a legit currency.   Let me know if you disagree.

If I don't get 10,000 for just sitting around in 2 years, I'm done. Because in two years, I would have done every single trick I could in my book to promote bitcoin. I can do a lot alone, but this is the one act that I cannot do alone. Everyone has to fight with me, or we should just stop playing with these coins, and our futures because waiting and hoping for our situation to get better is just not going to happen.

I like the passion, I feel the same way.  I do the same but I sell and buy here and there to make some cash.  But you see, because of the constant mining the price will only increase if more people join the movement.  But when mining finished, the price will grow exponentially. 
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:31:23 AM

2 years is not enough to make bitcoin price back to $1000 maybe in 5 year again or need more than 5 year
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:43:26 AM

i want to remember to you that we have already seen al this not a long time ago, so unless we can float much higher than 300 or 400, i'm not holding too much any hope
devil11

Activity: 398

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:00:15 AM

Wow...
Nice news for us. Thanks for telling Smiley
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:12:00 AM

bitcoin uptrend started and we can see price above 300 this month, its good for everyone
up btc up  Cheesy

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:22:21 AM

bitcoin uptrend started and we can see price above 300 this month, its good for everyone
up btc up  Cheesy

Funny that people get so excited and think it will get above $300 just because the price is going up. Reaching $300 is a level too high at the moment. I wonder when traders will start to take profits.
ekissane

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 08:25:24 AM

This is awful because last time I checked, 1 single bitcoin was 360 dollars.....

So it went down, then went up.

The Last time Bitcoin was $360 or higher was December of 2014.... Been awhile
Bottom line is: That's awful. It did not go up.

If the price goes up between the time of purchasing and selling then yes it did.  That is what you call a profit margin, and I'm in the green dude.
I'm a woman.

Who let a woman into a bitcoin forum???!!!  Grin
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:30:09 AM

I think this upwards trends will keep continue for some more days at least after that there will be some correction and stability will be seen in price.This rises in price will be steady till halving so it is good to buy even it is already little up.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:32:10 AM

up btc up  Cheesy

Funny that people get so excited and think it will get above $300 just because the price is going up. Reaching $300 is a level too high at the moment. I wonder when traders will start to take profits.

I'm always suspicious about $20-$30 increase so suddenly as this had previously often lead to a big fall afterwards. We will see and learn again.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:49:51 AM

up btc up  Cheesy

I'm always suspicious about $20-$30 increase so suddenly as this had previously often lead to a big fall afterwards. We will see and learn again.

We will know much more in few days! If it doesn't drop all of the sudden and if it maybe continues this steady growth, than maybe this is a beginning of a trend reversal and not just another dead cat bounce.

Little more patience and it will be told! But let's keep in mind that this depression has to end eventually, so maybe this is just what's happening at the moment. At least I hope so!
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:00:23 AM

the christmas buys and get rid of BTC may put it like 200 again soo only after january we see the real good price that holds for summer
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:43:10 AM

I was mining at 6$, and missed the buy in opportunity when it dropped much lower, and put in the last of my allocated risk investment at about $15 (when personal mining got too difficult).  In that sense it worked out well, though far less than optimal. 

I'm happy to see the recent increase, but feel it will be short lived.  I'm expecting somewhere around $250 before it is ready to make a new climb on some new so far unknow news (currently $270-271 as of time of writing), which could be significant in a month or two (before the next collapse), then a few months later maybe something quite special.

Depending on your personality you could either trade or hodl,  I'm not really a trader, but if I have a good feel about what's going on then I may sell only to buy back and collect more BTC, and not for FIAT reasons.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:44:44 AM

Nice to see it going up - its been a bit depressing of late  Wink
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:02:27 AM

I got into bitcoin when it was $9 so its all good to me at this point xD.

hah - well I got in to it when folks around here were giving BTC away free and I think the price was a few cents. Sadly for me the BTC I had on my hard drive (yep I was even mining with a single computer back then) was lost because I formatted the drive. In my defense the BTC price was almost nothing, I didnt understand it at all and  it wasnt looking like it was going to take off. A year or so after that BTC was over $500 so you can imagine how wonderful I felt Smiley. I wish I could have found my old account for the forum as it would have made for interesting reading. Back then more than half the people on the forum were adamant it was a fad

We live and Learn!  Cool
GonnaGrinditout

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:19:32 AM

I got into bitcoin when it was $9 so its all good to me at this point xD.

hah - well I got in to it when folks around here were giving BTC away free and I think the price was a few cents. Sadly for me the BTC I had on my hard drive (yep I was even mining with a single computer back then) was lost because I formatted the drive. In my defense the BTC price was almost nothing, I didnt understand it at all and  it wasnt looking like it was going to take off. A year or so after that BTC was over $500 so you can imagine how wonderful I felt Smiley. I wish I could have found my old account for the forum as it would have made for interesting reading. Back then more than half the people on the forum were adamant it was a fad

We live and Learn!  Cool
Shocked They were giving BTC for free? Do you remember how many bitcoins you got?

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:28:41 AM

This is awful because last time I checked, 1 single bitcoin was 360 dollars.....

So it went down, then went up.
That's the nature of the bitcoin market. Its like a rollercoaster ride.
I hate rollercoaster rides. You're always worried about your hat or shoes falling off.

I love rollercoaster. Gives you some kind of exciting feeling and releases lots of Adrenaline! Grin
Same with Bitcoin.Getting up this morning and checking the price I didn't need a cup of coffee to awaken Cheesy
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:47:39 AM

2 years is not enough to make bitcoin price back to $1000 maybe in 5 year again or need more than 5 year

in 2013 one year was enough to go from $36 or so to $1240 or so.

Why shouldn't it be possible to go from $250 to $5000?

I get the whole "parabolic growth can't go on forever" thing, but $5000 is still a tiny market cap.

In fact, we could go on this way all the way until around about a million or so per bitcoin (in current dollar terms) before we start seeing problems with scaling. (Probably even closer to 10 million, because there's a lot of fiat currency around that we don't know about, but on the other hand that would inflate the dollar).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: