Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 12:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A2 Terminator 110 mh/s Question  (Read 4179 times)
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:25:48 AM

I am using nicehash now, it looks like a great setup... What is extranonce.subscribe and how do I set that up on the A2?

Unfortunately InnoSilicon didn't release the source to the A2 driver, so I can't build a version of cgminer updated with extranonce... As far as what it is, it's basically another variable that the miner can change in order to give more hash permutations.  Normally it only can work at one nonce at a time, which is a bit over 4GH - I believe that extranonce makes the biggest difference with Bitcoin, which is much higher hashrates than scrypt, so while it might be nice to have, it's not as necessary... Keep in mind a typical BTC miner is doing 1,000,000 MH, vs the Terminator's 110 MH, so you'd hit that 4GH pretty quick in BTC land.  Wink  If you wanted to support it, you can run all your miners through a stratum proxy - but as I mentioned earlier, right now it's probably not worth the effort - I fiddled with it on Nicehash and it made zero difference in my hash performance.
Metairie (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:06:05 PM

It seems that prohashing pays out more than nicehash... see my stats  https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1q76ZX5re7BqR3bEVhacxL7d5ShxMTezS&a=0&l=1

I am only using 200 MH/S on nicehash..  should I be making much more?
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:23:05 AM

nicehash must be having server issues... about 45 minutes ago.. the server was down and now they have been back up for about 15 minutes and my hashing speeds are being reported wrong. I had my wife restart my A2's and my speeds are showing hardly nothing....
MarkAz

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:37:32 AM

It seems that prohashing pays out more than nicehash... see my stats  https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1q76ZX5re7BqR3bEVhacxL7d5ShxMTezS&a=0&l=1

I am only using 200 MH/S on nicehash..  should I be making much more?

Welcome to the world of Pools.  Wink  It's hard to say, to a large extent I think you should just use whichever one you like and you feel makes the most.  For instance, right now CleverMining is paying 0.000131/MH and ProHashing is 0.000136, so ProHashing is better at the raw level.    You really don't want to switch from one to another because of luck (commonly called 'Chasing Luck'), there's also a delay between when you start mining vs when you get paid out at whatever rate as well.

NiceHash is a bit of a different beast then the first two, since they are paying above Litecoin not by auto-switching coin, but because they rent out hash for a profit, and they share that with you.  So in general you get much more variance with someplace like CleverMining, and much more stability with someplace like NiceHash.

Now, there's more to the equation - Prohash charges 5%, whereas CleverMining is 2% and NiceHash is 3%, so keep in mind they all report the 'gross' number and take their fee on payout.  5% is pretty high, but ProHashing is also PPS, which has far more risk to the operator so justifies that higher payout (generally speaking).

I think they all have their own pluses and minuses - I like the transparency that ProHash has in talking about what they're doing, and their FAQ is particularly good.  So it's up to  you but I don't think you can make a really 'bad' decision.
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:57:31 AM

I am serouisly thinking of having a pool created that mines all the profitable coins and have a rent hashing power feature. Solo mine and much more... something like prohashing with rent hashing power ...
MarkAz

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:44:49 AM

I am serouisly thinking of having a pool created that mines all the profitable coins and have a rent hashing power feature. Solo mine and much more... something like prohashing with rent hashing power ...

So basically ProHash meets NiceHash... The certainly would be cool.  I think you can accomplish something similar to this by using BetaRigs as your primary pool, and ProHash as secondary.  If someone rents your machine on BetaRigs, it pulls it off ProHash.  I've never used it myself, so don't have an opinion one way or the other about it...
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:29:56 PM

The development is in progress now... morehash.com
Any suggestions would be appreciated....

As of right now, scyptcoin pool that mines all the profitable coins with an option to convert to bitcoins or keep the coins you mine. Rent hashing power thats on the pool. The development will take at least 20 days.

should I have a section where users can rent hashing power for a selected fee the miner owner chooses?
MarkAz

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:34:45 PM

Cool!  In terms of what I like to see in a mining pool, good stats with fast update intervals are pretty high on the list - it makes it much easier to debug things if anything is off.  Beyond that, on the scrypt side I like it when they spell out exactly how much the current payout is in BTC and I like auto-payment to BTC.  In terms of payments, I personally like it when a pool lets you choose between paying when you cross a threshold, or paying once a period (like once a day, etc).  While I think it's cool to get payments every few hours, I prefer to do once a day so I can get a better overall feel for how the pool is working relative to other miners that I have running.

I mined on ProHash for a half a day yesterday, and the stats kept messing up, the speedometer thing almost always showed zero, etc - at the end, if I want speculative, I prefer CleverMining because the fees are lower.  It has far less control than ProHash, but TBH I don't care, I'm not super interested in tweaking things to that level, although some people are I'm sure.  I think their feature to add your power cost is pretty cool, but for me it's useless because I have a variety of machines and generally have them moving around - and there didn't appear to be a way to define each machine's stats.

In terms of renting hash - I prefer how NiceHash does it, where you are getting some subset of machines they pick, and not some specific machine, like Betarigs.  Of course, if you ask 10 people, you'll probably get 10 different opinions.  Wink
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:08:43 PM

Mark sent you a PM with detailed information about my project.. let me know what you think...
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

I am using nicehash now, it looks like a great setup... What is extranonce.subscribe and how do I set that up on the A2?

As MarkAz said, extranounce was not in the original cgminer. My firmware does have extranounce subscribtion and has overclock and (more?) underclock option. However the software requires more attention as MarkAz's, as he has auto restart options etc.
Extranounce subscription: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672969.0
MarkAz

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:44:21 PM

As MarkAz said, extranounce was not in the original cgminer. My firmware does have extranounce subscribtion and has overclock and (more?) underclock option. However the software requires more attention as MarkAz's, as he has auto restart options etc.

Hey emdje, since you're actually been working in the CGminer code, is my understanding of extranonce correct?  Meaning that it's meant to allow more permutations to be performed without a work request to the pool?  So for things like BTC that's running at the TH level, it makes a big difference, but for things running at the MH, it's far less relevant.

And in terms of underclocking, yours definitely supports more levels, I basically just do 100MH steps down to 600 and call it a day, whereas yours pretty much exposes all the steps so you can really tweak it if you're so inclined.
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:26:24 PM

I am new to this forum and pretty new to mining. I just bought ( 3 ) A2 Terminators 110 MH/S Miners with ANX Firmware.  I was told I wouldn't be able to plug all ( 3 ) miners in one room in my house due to the high watt usage ( 3300 watts total )

What can I buy that would allow me to plug all ( 3 ) miners  in one room ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on how your house is wired.

emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 11:17:13 AM

Hey emdje, since you're actually been working in the CGminer code, is my understanding of extranonce correct?  Meaning that it's meant to allow more permutations to be performed without a work request to the pool?  So for things like BTC that's running at the TH level, it makes a big difference, but for things running at the MH, it's far less relevant.

And in terms of underclocking, yours definitely supports more levels, I basically just do 100MH steps down to 600 and call it a day, whereas yours pretty much exposes all the steps so you can really tweak it if you're so inclined.

To be truly honest I do not know the technical details of extranonce, it was a request to put it in, and I basically copy pasted the right code to the right place without much research because it worked right away.

And yes true I can basically use almost any MHz level on the binary scale that is (if you look in the programmers guide of the A2 you can see various binary instructions for some of the settings, the rest is just an interpolation from that data put into the driver file). Chip voltage is important though, otherwise uderclocking still uses a lot of energy or when overclocking you get a lot of hardware errors (currently @1400MHz, 17.1 MH per card, and 5.4% HW errors)
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:42:11 AM

Mark sent you a PM with detailed information about my project.. let me know what you think...

Mark we are in the final stages of testing the mining pool on our local server.. once done, I will upload to my host.. maybe a day at the most if things go well..
MarkAz

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

Mark we are in the final stages of testing the mining pool on our local server.. once done, I will upload to my host.. maybe a day at the most if things go well..

Cool - assuming it's open to the public, post it up on here.  I'm going to be reconfiguring a bunch of stuff this weekend, but if you put it up before Monday, I can point my current scrypt miners at it to do a bit of a stress test.  I have both Terminator's and Alcheminers totally about 3.5GH/s, so it can at least put it through it's paces a bit.
Metairie (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

Cool - assuming it's open to the public, post it up on here.  I'm going to be reconfiguring a bunch of stuff this weekend, but if you put it up before Monday, I can point my current scrypt miners at it to do a bit of a stress test.  I have both Terminator's and Alcheminers totally about 3.5GH/s, so it can at least put it through it's paces a bit.

Cool, We had to work a few bugs out but should be up and running maybe in the morning if all goes well... I will post here plus start a thread to see what others think.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:04:23 PM

Personally, I like the 88's - they run quite a bit cooler than the 110's, but they're also hashing less (obviously).  Either way, they're all great boxes.  I will tell you a simple way to tell the difference between the two - the 88's don't have fans on the back, and the 110's all do - unfortunately this isn't 100%, I actually have seen an 88 with fans on the back

I have an 88 with fans on the back.

I also have a 110 in an 88-size case (the 88 cases are shorter) that they had to cram a couple of THIN fans in to make work.

Seems to be a few different variations.

The only SURE way to tell the 88s from the 110s is the length of the hashboards - the 110 hashboards are a good bit longer to accomodate the extra pair of chips.

As far as pools go, I've been using LiteGuardian for a long time - reliable, worked well with the A2s from very early on, even worked with the original software on the Alcheminers (by report) pretty well.
 My only issue with them is that they didn't update their "estimated payout based on your hashrate" when the block reward halfing happened, but that's a very minor issue.
 I'm probably going to bite the bullet and put up a P2Pool node at some point though.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:17:59 PM

A2-110MH, 5 ASICS

i have stock FW settings available at 1250mhz, I am current at 1100mhz.
At voltage selector, it has 0.81v, 082v, 0.83v, 0.85v, 0.86v, 0.87v and 0.88v.
Anybody knows what voltage to use for run 1250mhz?

Also, if I use the ANX FW version, will the 1250mhz overclock be compatible?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:50:19 AM

A2-110MH, 5 ASICS

i have stock FW settings available at 1250mhz, I am current at 1100mhz.
At voltage selector, it has 0.81v, 082v, 0.83v, 0.85v, 0.86v, 0.87v and 0.88v.
Anybody knows what voltage to use for run 1250mhz?

Also, if I use the ANX FW version, will the 1250mhz overclock be compatible?

I would be interested in seeing what your hashing boards look like, all the ones I have seen there is really no way to adjust the voltage even if there was on option to change it. going beyond that if it does change voltage the higher the better, I am running at 0.94v and 1250 works OK, it is really a trade off in heat/speed ,higher voltage is higher heat but lower errors, but at some point you may not be able to remove all that heat and you have errors anyway.

Is there any way you can post a shot of the screen with the voltage adjustments? 0.81 seems pretty low, I think stock for 1000MHz was like .88

I know a lot of people are not into taking stuff apart but if you had any info on the hashing boards like color,any version marking I would be curious to know.

Refeek

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:55:39 AM

Metairie, reply to me PM ASAP
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: