Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange?  (Read 4571 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:20:14 PM

We would have that company or man (or woman. Please don't be sexist. We have just as much to contribute to this game as much as men do) would probably benefit from investing in this currency if they knew about it, and were enticed into it with the right appearance. If I were a rich wealthy person that wanted to get even more rich, I would overlook a currency with a logo that looks like money designed in a video game. Using a serious color is just what we need. That and obvious larger scales of advertisement but we cannot spend millions of dollars to be placed on a platform for the 7 billion people watching us for them to just ignore our wonderful currency just because we wore orange, and not gold.

It is shallow, but looks do matter

HA! Do you know what events predetermined you even being here, or anyone else for that matter ? It wasn't a shiny logo, or a catchy phraze; it was a service that people wanted/needed.
To those people that pushed bitcoin into state of movement,hype and awareness, things like icon,logo and similar might have been a di*k (or a tw*t, not to be sexist) they wouldn't break a sweat over it.

You can set up a site and place whatever image you want for bitcoin, use sparkling efect,polka dots.. No one is stopping you. After all, bitcoin's main point is decentralization, everyone's vote counts.
Whatever sails your boat, but imho, it's not the picture that counts.
You'd be surprised how many wealthy people are very very shallow. Question: how did you manage to mess up the quoting?

I fixed it soon after ?! But anyways if you want to know, i spilled my vaping liquid all over my keyboard so it was a bit hard to focus on parts of quotes in editing, but i have the slickest keyboard
on forum now  Roll Eyes

Oh don't worry. I'm embroidering the symbol in gold on my scarf as we speak.

Heh, now even i want to see it when it's finished.
Place it on ebay for 21 million USD when it's finished, maybe you get in the news so that everyone seas your logo and bitcoin goes mainstream just by that.

cheers
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:20:43 PM

I just don't understand.

We want a color that reflects passion, power, success and wealth. Not passiveness and calmness and "activity". You get that from gold as well.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:24:26 PM

We would have that company or man (or woman. Please don't be sexist. We have just as much to contribute to this game as much as men do) would probably benefit from investing in this currency if they knew about it, and were enticed into it with the right appearance. If I were a rich wealthy person that wanted to get even more rich, I would overlook a currency with a logo that looks like money designed in a video game. Using a serious color is just what we need. That and obvious larger scales of advertisement but we cannot spend millions of dollars to be placed on a platform for the 7 billion people watching us for them to just ignore our wonderful currency just because we wore orange, and not gold.

It is shallow, but looks do matter

HA! Do you know what events predetermined you even being here, or anyone else for that matter ? It wasn't a shiny logo, or a catchy phraze; it was a service that people wanted/needed.
To those people that pushed bitcoin into state of movement,hype and awareness, things like icon,logo and similar might have been a di*k (or a tw*t, not to be sexist) they wouldn't break a sweat over it.

You can set up a site and place whatever image you want for bitcoin, use sparkling efect,polka dots.. No one is stopping you. After all, bitcoin's main point is decentralization, everyone's vote counts.
Whatever sails your boat, but imho, it's not the picture that counts.
You'd be surprised how many wealthy people are very very shallow. Question: how did you manage to mess up the quoting?

I fixed it soon after ?! But anyways if you want to know, i spilled my vaping liquid all over my keyboard so it was a bit hard to focus on parts of quotes in editing, but i have the slickest keyboard
on forum now  Roll Eyes

Oh don't worry. I'm embroidering the symbol in gold on my scarf as we speak.

Heh, now even i want to see it when it's finished.
Place it on ebay for 21 million USD when it's finished, maybe you get in the news so that everyone seas your logo and bitcoin goes mainstream just by that.

cheers

Heh heh...now you have me all giddy. Do you honestly believe somebody will purchase a hand knitted and hand embroidered muffler scarf for that much? ^____^
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:26:44 PM

Yes, Asia represents over 2/3rds of the world population. We shouldn't allow provincial biases to get in the way of a global currency.

There is also the practical aspects that logo designs for the web should use web friendly html colors... which limits the choice between -

goldenrod    #DAA520    rgb(218,165,32)
     gold    #FFD700    rgb(255,215,0)
     orange    #FFA500    rgb(255,165,0)
     darkorange    #FF8C00    rgb(255,140,0)

There are technical reasons that come into play with color choice.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

Heh heh...now you have me all giddy. Do you honestly believe somebody will purchase a hand knitted and hand embroidered muffler scarf for that much? ^____^

No, even though a ball of snow was sold for 1 million USD..
I wanted to say that maybe the ludacris price would get in the news so that bitcoin would get exposure over it, and your logo as well, and that was what you wanted,wasn't it ?

Yes, Asia represents over 2/3rds of the world population. We shouldn't allow provincial biases to get in the way of a global currency.
There is also the practical aspects that logo designs for the web should use web friendly html colors... which limits the choice between -

goldenrod    #DAA520    rgb(218,165,32)
     gold    #FFD700    rgb(255,215,0)
     orange    #FFA500    rgb(255,165,0)
     darkorange    #FF8C00    rgb(255,140,0)

Marketeers and advertisers claim there's a lot of difference based just on the color combination u're using, so maybe op has a point to some extent.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 10:28:20 PM

Both gold and orange are good. Considering that orange is good and gold is not so much distinctively better, it is best to remain the same.

Besides, there are several posts comparing bitcoin with gold, which is best and all that. It must be differenciated from gold Cheesy

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:29:58 PM

goldenrod    #DAA520    rgb(218,165,32)
     gold    #FFD700    rgb(255,215,0)
     orange    #FFA500    rgb(255,165,0)
     darkorange    #FF8C00    rgb(255,140,0)

Excuse this comment please, but you're being somewhat ironic.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:36:41 PM

In context of this discussion - Gold vs Orange those would be important considerations. People can design any logo they wish to with any colors around....

I was merely offering some healthy advice that adoption on web media needs to consider technical implications.

Marketeers and advertisers claim there's a lot of difference based just on the color combination u're using, so maybe op has a point to some extent.

They would be correct. As I said Branding and logos are extremely important.

Follow the evolution of successful fortune 500 companies. Logos tend to become more readable and minimalistic--

http://best-ad.blogspot.com/2008/08/evolution-of-logos.html
http://www.glow-internet.com/infographics/evolution-of-logo-design.aspx

This was one flaw with Satoshi's original logo.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:42:30 PM

In context of this discussion - Gold vs Orange those would be important considerations. People can design any logo they wish to with any colors around....

I was merely offering some healthy advice that adoption on web media needs to consider technical implications.

They would be correct. As I said Branding and logos are extremely important.
Cool.

We're done here, folks! Let me play us all out with this great danceable song!

https://m.soundcloud.com/favulousworld/zak-waters-runnin-around

Have a good night! ^_____^
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:22:59 PM

So I was sitting in my room knitting a sweater, but then I realized my crotchet needle wasn't long enough to make a full sweater, so I made a muffler scarf.

Eight hours of my life....

Anyway, I want to hand embroider the bitcoin symbol onto the scarf in gold, and not in orange. Someone argued that orange is a cheerful energizing color. That's not the spirit of bitcoin though. Bitcoin is about wealth. You can see our argument here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1211547.0

My proposal is that the logo should be gold, while taking out that orange circle. The color gold will automatically entice more people to be a part of this currency if we occupy a color that exudes power, dominance, wealth, leisure and success.

Besides, gold yarn will look better on this cream colored scarf anyway.

Your thoughts?

I think symbolism is important.  If our goal is to market bitcoin to the masses and ultimately achieve world domination, then messaging is important and we should have this focus group tested.  My guess is people associate gold with wealth and security more than orange.

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:24:16 PM

No, even though a ball of snow was sold for 1 million USD..

wtf... Who sold a ball of snow for one million dollars?  In bitcoin?

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:31:14 PM

Both orange and gold are nice colors , but i prefer orange personally.
The color of the logo matter just in the design
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:34:28 PM

I personally don't care about the color of the logo. I think that we had many more important things and issues to worry about than will we have gold or orange logo!

Both are fine by me!
vleroybrown

Activity: 1159
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:48:52 AM

International Orange is also associated with experimental projects.  Bitcoin was developed by the NSA as a currency war project.  Wink
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:33:52 AM

I'll go for orange. Gold color should be reserved for gold alone and since bitcoin is not about gold or anywhere near that, orange will be perfect. Plus after so many years staring at the btc logo, it will look odd if you suddenly change the color into something different that doesn't look like btc in the first place.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:46:11 AM

I like the orange color of bitcoin logo I think it makes it unique.

bitcoin is better than gold so it shouldn't be copying its color anyways. besides bitcoin logo is known now with this color and is used everywhere no point changing it now.

Only Bitcoin
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:49:19 AM

Gold for the BTC and yellow for the circle
I think this combination would be nice
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:06:50 AM

Bitcoins should have a touch of the digital world
 Some kind of neon color or something brighter. I prefer the gold well because I find the orange color animated rather than the gold that is for me, the metalic color adds up to a more professional work.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:53:23 AM

Orange is fine, and it has been 6 years since bitcoin was invented, and the logo stayed as is even though there are some variations to it. For me, orange represents cheerfulness and joy, similar to what you just said in op.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:03:36 AM

i like the orange more, simply copy-paste would look very lazy, right now it's more genuine to bitcoin, and any other color would be off

maybe you can minor stuff to it, but i would keep it simple
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: