Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:08:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange?  (Read 4571 times)
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:30:25 PM

if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

go ahead, no one is stopping you

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.
But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

If you thing that bitcoin's logo design is the thing that's stopping it from going to higher prices, you're way off, altho i agree that it should be promoted much more, via it's related services and what not,
but that's not happening on a large scale because there is no central company or man to benefit from such an investment, so the best chance remains in services. More exactly; owners of services promoting
their business and hence promoting bitcoin as well.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:34:54 PM

If you thing that bitcoin's logo design is the thing that's stopping it from going to higher prices, you're way off, altho i agree that it should be promoted much more, via it's related services and what not,
but that's not happening on a large scale because there is no central company or man to benefit from such an investment, so the best chance remains in services. More exactly; owners of services promoting

i agree, bitpay, coinbase, bitstamp, kraken should be the people pushing for advertising. as for the logo..
even visa tries to change its logo

so try making something new and then send it to the main bitcoin service companies and give them the freedom to use the logo in all there advertising... but make sure its good, better then previous versions otherwise it will just get ignored.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:39:10 PM

if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

go ahead, no one is stopping you

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.
But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

We would have that company or man (or woman. Please don't be sexist. We have just as much to contribute to this game as much as men do) would probably benefit from investing in this currency if they knew about it, and were enticed into it with the right appearance. If I were a rich wealthy person that wanted to get even more rich, I would overlook a currency with a logo that looks like money designed in a video game. Using a serious color is just what we need. That and obvious larger scales of advertisement but we cannot spend millions of dollars to be placed on a platform for the 7 billion people watching us for them to just ignore our wonderful currency just because we wore orange, and not gold.

It is shallow, but looks do matter.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:43:33 PM

I don't see the need to change something that works and is already widely known and that doesn't really change the way people interact with Bitcoin.. Unless someone has an amazing logo to submit, which I am yet to see Smiley
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:48:28 PM

I don't see the need to change something that works and is already widely known and that doesn't really change the way people interact with Bitcoin.. Unless someone has an amazing logo to submit, which I am yet to see Smiley
The physical logo is already great. My concern is the color. That's it. Orange is too laid back. We want something more serious and intense. It is great to be laid back, but I am starting to think we probably shouldn't make investing seem like "fun", which the color orange presents. We need something more serious. More strong, and resilient. More wealthy, and powerful. Gold is the right choice.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:49:10 PM

no, orange is great.
agree, good enough Smiley, no need to change anything and then again, its hard to define gold color, it gets too yellow (bad visibility) or too orange...
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:49:33 PM

You are free to make a gold bitcoin symbol. It is not a registered symbol, so you can do anything you want.

If it is as good as you say, more people will use it as the time oasses

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:51:02 PM

the problem is..

gold (the natural resource asset/commodity, not the colour) doesnt have a logo or theme..
dollars or yen dont either.. yes they have a symbol.. but no one cares what color or font it is.. they still recognise what it is regardless..

things that have logos and are advertised as investments.. tend to look more like them binary options scam video's you see popping up.
you know them video's that tell you 'congratulations you just found the best kept secret of financial profits'.

bitcoin does not need to be advertised as an investment 'scheme'.
smart investors never invest on something that is advertised, because they know if it was truly good it would sell itself and not need advertising.

i think bitcoin itself doesnt need much advertising to investors. but services to make investors lives easier such as coinbase, kraken, or gemini should advertise their services.
and then within the services investors can get to know more about what bitcoin is.

to me bitcoin is an asset and not brand. and trying to advertise it as a brand wont pull in investors, just like visa doesnt talk about dollars, it talks about HOW the dollars can be used.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:51:24 PM

no, orange is great.
agree, good enough Smiley, no need to change anything and then again, its hard to define gold color, it gets too yellow (bad visibility) or too orange...
Then by that logic, if we turn it to gold the logo wouldn't change. It'd just be enhanced.

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:51:59 PM

The physical logo is already great. My concern is the color. That's it. Orange is too laid back. We want something more serious and intense. It is great to be laid back, but I am starting to think we probably shouldn't make investing seem like "fun", which the color orange presents. We need something more serious. More strong, and resilient. More wealthy, and powerful. Gold is the right choice.

Bitcoin is an open source project. There is not an official logo design, but many variations just like distros of linux. If you don't like any of the current versions , take Satoshi's old design and modify it and distribute it. If it is superior people will naturally prefer using it over the orange one. Begging people to agree with your aesthetics is rather silly.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:55:38 PM

Bitcoin is an open source project. There is not an official logo design, but many variations just like distros of linux. If you don't like any of the current versions , take Satoshi's old design and modify it and distribute it. If it is superior people will naturally prefer using it over the orange one. Begging people to agree with your aesthetics is rather silly.
Nobody's begging. To assume somebody is begging means you don't know the difference between actively attempting immediate persuasion with courage in their idea with written down facts on the psychology behind a color...

and then whining for situations to go their way. This is a spirited debate. Not a whining contest.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:58:44 PM

We would have that company or man (or woman. Please don't be sexist. We have just as much to contribute to this game as much as men do) would probably benefit from investing in this currency if they knew about it, and were enticed into it with the right appearance. If I were a rich wealthy person that wanted to get even more rich, I would overlook a currency with a logo that looks like money designed in a video game. Using a serious color is just what we need. That and obvious larger scales of advertisement but we cannot spend millions of dollars to be placed on a platform for the 7 billion people watching us for them to just ignore our wonderful currency just because we wore orange, and not gold.

It is shallow, but looks do matter.

HA! Do you know what events predetermined you even being here, or anyone else for that matter ? It wasn't a shiny logo, or a catchy phraze; it was a service that people wanted/needed.
To those people that pushed bitcoin into state of movement,hype and awareness, things like icon,logo and similar might have been a di*k (or a tw*t, not to be sexist) they wouldn't break a sweat over it.

You can set up a site and place whatever image you want for bitcoin, use sparkling efect,polka dots.. No one is stopping you. After all, bitcoin's main point is decentralization, everyone's vote counts.
Whatever sails your boat, but imho, it's not the picture that counts.
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:00:47 PM

This is a spirited debate. Not a whining contest.

There are those that talk and those that do... create a better logo and share and you may have a small opportunity of achieving your vision... debating aesthetic preferences is just a waste of time.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:02:27 PM

It is shallow, but looks do matter

HA! Do you know what events predetermined you even being here, or anyone else for that matter ? It wasn't a shiny logo, or a catchy phraze; it was a service that people wanted/needed.
To those people that pushed bitcoin into state of movement,hype and awareness, things like icon,logo and similar might have been a di*k (or a tw*t, not to be sexist) they wouldn't break a sweat over it.

You can set up a site and place whatever image you want for bitcoin, use sparkling efect,polka dots.. No one is stopping you. After all, bitcoin's main point is decentralization, everyone's vote counts.
Whatever sails your boat, but imho, it's not the picture that counts.
You'd be surprised how many wealthy people are very very shallow. Question: how did you manage to mess up the quoting?
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:03:30 PM

This is a spirited debate. Not a whining contest.

There are those that talk and those that do... create a better logo and share and you may have a small opportunity of achieving your vision... debating aesthetic preferences is just a waste of time.
I will decide what's a waste of time for me, and what isn't. If it upsets you, look the other way and click on a thread you like. Thanks so much.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:06:52 PM

ok, 2 pages of comments.. and still nothing.

if you want something to happen do it. come up with a design, and if its not just a logo you want. come up with a storyline (script) for an advert.

try not to make it seem like them scammy binary option investment scheme or sound like a ponzi advert. try thinking of applepay or visa as your baseline.

then if its good and people want to see it on TV/newspapers.. then go search out the businesses that use bitcoin and ask them for funding/sponsorship to help you produce the advert and get it out there.

if all you want is ust a logo upgrade, then stop typing and start designing. post what you think is your vision of the perfect logo. and again if good and you receive positive responses. pass the logo onto all the bitcoin related services to use

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:09:01 PM

ok, 2 pages of comments.. and still nothing.

if you want something to happen do it. come up with a design, and if its not just a logo you want. come up with a storyline (script) for an advert.

try not to make it seem like them scammy binary option investment scheme or sound like a ponzi advert. try thinking of applepay or visa as your baseline.

then if its good and people want to see it on TV/newspapers.. then go search out the businesses that use bitcoin and ask them for funding/sponsorship to help you produce the advert and get it out there.

Oh don't worry. I'm embroidering the symbol in gold on my scarf as we speak.
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:13:39 PM

I will decide what's a waste of time for me, and what isn't. If it upsets you, look the other way and click on a thread you like. Thanks so much.

It isn't upsetting, you are misreading my tone. I am merely giving some helpful advice as you don't seem to understand how open source projects work.

Ever hear of the term "Pull requests are welcome." ? It is a very polite way in the open source community of suggesting that you are welcome to contribute but not make requests or demands of volunteers.

What you are suggesting is something that can be done with 20 minutes in photoshop so isn't something you need to organize a group of collaborators behind. You are going about this backwards by not making a post suggesting here is my more beautiful logo , what do you people think?

Since you are into psychology perhaps you should look within and ponder why you are pleading for people to agree with your aesthetics rather than simply doing what makes you happy and create a logo you find beautiful and contribute that.

I would love to see a picture of your scarf when you are done. Have a great day.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:17:05 PM

In Europe and America, orange is commonly associated with amusement, the unconventional, extroverts, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma, the autumn season, and Protestantism. In Asia, it is an important symbolic colour of Buddhism and Hinduism.

Satoshi was fond of the word "Karma" in his pennings, ergo the color orange becomes an even better fit. I wonder if bitorange.com is available.  Cool
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:18:24 PM

It isn't upsetting, you are misreading my tone. I am merely giving some helpful advice as you don't seem to understand how open source projects work.

Ever hear of the term "Pull requests are welcome." ? It is a very polite way in the open source community of suggesting that you are welcome to contribute but not make requests or demands of volunteers.

What you are suggesting is something that can be done with 20 minutes in photoshop so isn't something you need to organize a a group of collaborators behind. You are going about this backwards by not making a post suggesting here is my more beautiful logo , what do you people think?

Since you are into psychology perhaps you should look within and ponder why you are pleading for people to agree with your aesthetics rather than simply doing what makes you happy and create a logo you find beautiful and contribute that.

I am not begging people to agree with my idea. I am kindly suggesting they do through a low key debate on the topic. I am hand embroidering the bitcoin symbol right now on my knitted scarf in gold as we speak.

Relax. I will make my own choices for development, and you can make your own.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: