Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by JameRD  (Read 1377 times)
JameRD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:38:55 PM

If this scam accusation is true this just proves my point of trust farming here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197533.msg12569592#msg12569592 . And another thing, if you are a newbie to the forum you should've at least bothered to read the basic precautions against scamming(stickies) and that is always use an escrow however trusted a member may seem.
And lastly, do you actually have any evidence of payment and that the person who scammed you was indeed JameRD?

The same thing even I thought of. Why do DT members leave trust ratings for such small trades that can make members look trustworthy? This is clear misuse of the DT position.

I doubt why would a Jr. Member have an imposter? And it's weird that the person sent him the skype address and at the same time he was contacted on skype with the same username.
I understand your thinking. But maybe he's just a man without a job and is trying to go troll someone.

Nope, not trolling for shit.
Do not try to increase your post count with nonsense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:47:42 PM

OP doesnt has any proof that James scammed him.... Moreover u didnt provided the dealings link....  

ThatDZGuy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:00:41 PM

If this scam accusation is true this just proves my point of trust farming here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197533.msg12569592#msg12569592 . And another thing, if you are a newbie to the forum you should've at least bothered to read the basic precautions against scamming(stickies) and that is always use an escrow however trusted a member may seem.
And lastly, do you actually have any evidence of payment and that the person who scammed you was indeed JameRD?

The same thing even I thought of. Why do DT members leave trust ratings for such small trades that can make members look trustworthy? This is clear misuse of the DT position.

I doubt why would a Jr. Member have an imposter? And it's weird that the person sent him the skype address and at the same time he was contacted on skype with the same username.
I understand your thinking. But maybe he's just a man without a job and is trying to go troll someone.

Nope, not trolling for shit.
Do not try to increase your post count with nonsense.

Ahh the irony.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

It is shady at best, and as for the imposter question, people here try scamming for even $1 I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone actually exploited Jame's reputation . I too have encountered a situation where my own account got compromised(an alt of mine, newbie) and got away with 0.325 of my funds. @OP did Jame actually confirm that he was the one that was contacting you on skype?

This chat message makes it seem legit as the user claims to be Jamerd: http://prntscr.com/8sl5v8

An imposter needs to atleast get an idea that the OP has contacted jamerd on BCT and here jamerd himself admitted to being contacted by the OP. If the OP has another main account and he holds a grudge against jamerd because of which he is making this scam accusation against him by faking those chat messages which I highly doubt, this scam accusation is fake. I've seen QS and TC having imposters but not Jr. Members. It's unfortunate what happened with you though.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:13:47 PM

This chat message makes it seem legit as the user claims to be Jamerd: http://prntscr.com/8sl5v8

An imposter needs to atleast get an idea that the OP has contacted jamerd on BCT and here jamerd himself admitted to being contacted by the OP. If the OP has another main account and he holds a grudge against jamerd because of which he is making this scam accusation against him by faking those chat messages which I highly doubt, this scam accusation is fake. I've seen QS and TC having imposters but not Jr. Members. It's unfortunate what happened with you though.
This leaves it to two options : 1) JameRD did scam 2) The skype conversation is fake , either photoshopped or made with a name seeming the same as Jame's. The second one can be verified if Jame gives his personal skype(can be verified by contacting the last member he dealt with) and OP gives the person's skype, the one who claims is jame. At any rate I am getting too biased on Jame, I will leave this to other members.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:42:50 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 05:59:00 PM by ndnhc

Yeah, the only way of proving it to get access to their Skypes. btw, why didn't you even consider escrow?

Note that JameRD does not use all lower case anywhere in his forum posts. So it could be that OP framed him, and used all lower case to make it such that members will not consider them to the same person.

Or JameRD intentionally changed his style so that it would appear different to others, which is quite probable.

tl;dr, I think JameRD scammed OP (imo a 70% 80% probability). But it is also possible that it is a false accusation. Only possible way of proving it is getting a trusted third party to access the Skype accounts of both parties.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:00:38 PM

Question. Reply by PMing me.

To OP.
What is the Skype ID of the person who contacted you?

Top JameRD
What is your Skype ID?
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:08:13 PM

I don't think OP is framing wrong JameRD what is the benefit of OP for framing him, he said that he gave his skype to jameRD through pm and after some minutes he got request in Skype so it's clear JameRD added him in skype.

I dealt with op before and today too, so I know OP is genuine and do trade doesn't matter he is newbie.

ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:59:23 AM

I don't think OP is framing wrong JameRD what is the benefit of OP for framing him, he said that he gave his skype to jameRD through pm and after some minutes he got request in Skype so it's clear JameRD added him in skype.

I dealt with op before and today too, so I know OP is genuine and do trade doesn't matter he is newbie.

Not exactly. the other possible scenario is, ThatDZGuy (as erikalui said) PMs JameRD, adds him on Skype. Next he creates another Skype account with his own name and talks with himself etc. or just edits the image, and post it as scam accusation.
That is, whether the person OP talked to do exists or is OP himself or is it JameRD?

But I do agree that it is extremely likely that JameRD did scam OP and I am of the opinion that he did.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:32:47 AM

Not exactly. the other possible scenario is, ThatDZGuy (as erikalui said) PMs JameRD, adds him on Skype. Next he creates another Skype account with his own name and talks with himself etc. or just edits the image, and post it as scam accusation.
That is, whether the person OP talked to do exists or is OP himself or is it JameRD?

But I do agree that it is extremely likely that JameRD did scam OP and I am of the opinion that he did.

Lol, I don't think this is the scene we know no scammer return anything even they caught. Op is just newbie we know there nothing even Op taking revenge from JameRD for something.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: