Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on Rapberry PI  (Read 6186 times)
bestcoin_59 (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:17:52 PM

Salu Jeff,

just a quick answer to ckpool (this is a pure solo mining pool).
You mine there for yourself, you don't get anny pay excapt you are solving a Block.
Then you will get the Reward for the Block -0.5 % wich is for con the pool holder.

nb: I live verry verry near of the alsac area, on the german side.
Guten Abend Wink

Thanks for the informations. What's the amount of the reward? BTC25 ?
Btw, did you already manage to solve a block? I mean it must be quite hard...

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:24:50 PM

Jeff, as far as I can see you only got one BTC payment from the pool because it takes a delay of 100 blocks before the blocks that you helped finding pay out.
The confirmed ones on your graph were from before you started mining on that pool.
By now you will see every confirm give you a little bit of BTC

Hello Mercado Wink

According to the graph, i think i got three (tiny) btc payments. The first two beeing when using the 330Mh/s ASIC block erupter.
That makes sense because the last one (when using the compac which is 25 times more powerful) were much higher. So i think i did get a payment with the compac. Did i misunderstand something?

Cheers,

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:32:49 PM

The reward for the block is distributed according to the share processed.

So the more mining power you have, the more share you process, the bigger the reward.

This is indeed what i understood. Btw, is my calculation correct? I mean it sounds weired that
an average worker in that pool owns miners that are as powerful than 207 compacs...

Cheers,

Jeff.

zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:38:45 PM

I have
2 compac = 22Ghs
3 U3 = 180Ghs
1 BFL = 30Ghs
4 block erupters = 1.2Ghs

Total= 234Ghs = 20 compac

And i'm a very very very very very small miner.

So 200x8Ghs=1.6Ths... not that big IMHO. (as long as you can afford/want to spend the money to get the hardware...)

Mercado

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:43:31 PM

Jeff, as far as I can see you only got one BTC payment from the pool because it takes a delay of 100 blocks before the blocks that you helped finding pay out.
The confirmed ones on your graph were from before you started mining on that pool.
By now you will see every confirm give you a little bit of BTC

Hello Mercado Wink

According to the graph, i think i got three (tiny) btc payments. The first two beeing when using the 330Mh/s ASIC block erupter.
That makes sense because the last one (when using the compac which is 25 times more powerful) were much higher. So i think i did get a payment with the compac. Did i misunderstand something?

Cheers,

Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

If I look carefully at your graph, I think you have 7 payments.
2 extremely small ones, 2 very small ones, 2 small ones and one bigger one (Like couple hundred satoshis or so)

If you go through the history page by page you'll find them.

The Slush pool is doing OK today so you'll see a lot more of those come in today and the next day or so

Cheers, Mercado
bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:53:35 PM

I have
2 compac = 22Ghs
3 U3 = 180Ghs
1 BFL = 30Ghs
4 block erupters = 1.2Ghs

Total= 234Ghs = 20 compac

And i'm a very very very very very small miner.

So 200x8Ghs=1.6Ths... not that big IMHO. (as long as you can afford/want to spend the money to get the hardware...)

Thanks a lot. I understand better. Btw, do you manage to make some profit? Taking into account the price of the hardware and the electricity price, it looks as it has became quite difficult...Perhaps i should have begun 3 or 4 years earlier, it might have been easier...

Cheers,

Jeff.

zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:56:28 PM

It's a fun project for me, I don't do it for profit Smiley

That's why I have different HW, I buy what I find cheap and I tinker :p
(I got rid of some U2's at some point)

I'm looking for more block erupters to fill the slots on one of my switch Smiley

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:58:51 PM

Hi Jeff,

If I look carefully at your graph, I think you have 7 payments.
2 extremely small ones, 2 very small ones, 2 small ones and one bigger one (Like couple hundred satoshis or so)

If you go through the history page by page you'll find them.

Yes indeed  Smiley

The Slush pool is doing OK today so you'll see a lot more of those come in today and the next day or so

Cheers, Mercado

Great Wink

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:08:56 PM

I'm looking for more block erupters to fill the slots on one of my switch Smiley

What do you plan to buy?

Regarding the compac: there is a white led blinking next to the green led, i guess it tells
that the miner is working, but more precisely what does it mean? Does it indicate that a
calculation has successufully been done?

Cheers,

Jeff.

zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:07:26 PM

I think it's showing it's processing shares, I don't know more.

Maybe ask in the gekko thread ?

I'm looking for basic 333Mhs usb miners Smiley

o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2472
Merit: 1478

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:09:27 AM

Salu Jeff,

just a quick answer to ckpool (this is a pure solo mining pool).
You mine there for yourself, you don't get anny pay excapt you are solving a Block.
Then you will get the Reward for the Block -0.5 % wich is for con the pool holder.

nb: I live verry verry near of the alsac area, on the german side.
Guten Abend Wink

Thanks for the informations. What's the amount of the reward? BTC25 ?
Btw, did you already manage to solve a block? I mean it must be quite hard...

Jeff.

Yes, 25 BTC + Transaction Fee - 0.5% will be your's.

Unfortunaly I did not yet solved a block at all, but I will mine until I get one @ck-solo-pool.
I was thinking about the nuclear power plant you've talked about (Fesseheim) and I am verry
happy if it goes offline, because I life not so far from it.

Have a nice weekend

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:47:30 AM

Yes, 25 BTC + Transaction Fee - 0.5% will be your's.

Unfortunaly I did not yet solved a block at all, but I will mine until I get one @ck-solo-pool.
I was thinking about the nuclear power plant you've talked about (Fesseheim) and I am verry
happy if it goes offline, because I life not so far from it.

Have a nice weekend

I wish you good luck and every success in sloving the block. That beeing said i still have a question though:
why do you need to join a pool for solo mining Huh

Regarding the nuclear plant you are talking about. Yes, F. Hollande said the governement will close it (but
it was during a meeting for the election compain Grin and here in France nobody believe/have trust in our
leaders and politicians. They often don't keep their promise Grin

Regards,

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:16:51 AM

Hello everybody Wink

New out of the box, my compac worked great at the usual frequency: 150Mhz (although i didn't get rich  Embarrassed). Just to have fun and to see what would happend i set the frequency at 250Mhz. The hashrate increased significantly: more than 33Gh/s. However, i started to get HW errors: no valid hashes in the last 10 seconds...I thought i could just adjust the voltage using the small potentiometer on the compac, but i decided not to do it (or more precisely to do it later). However, these last days i noticed than even at the normal frequency: 150Mhz i still get many HW errors. Considering i didn't change anything, i'm puzzled...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:25:34 AM

Hi again Grin

Perhaps, some of you, like me, would like to know (if they don't already Cheesy): What are bitcoin miners really solving?

here is a nice and interesting explanation:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/8031/what-are-bitcoin-miners-really-solving

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 06:39:23 PM

Hello Everybody Wink

I encounter a weird problem. I own a D-link USB2-HUB and i connected 3 compacs and a fan to the HUB. The HUB beeing itself connected to the USB port of the RaspberryPi, both having their own power supply unit. When i turn on the RaspberryPi and lunch cgminer, i get an error message "no valid hashes for...". In order to get the compacs working i have to quit cgminer, unplug each compac from the HUB and plug them again, and of course relunch cgminer. Does anyone know how to fix this? I mean, it is not very convenient to plug and unplug the compacs...

Thanks in advance for your help Grin

Cheers,

Jeff.

zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:58:29 PM

Hello Everybody Wink

I encounter a weird problem. I own a D-link USB2-HUB and i connected 3 compacs and a fan to the HUB. The HUB beeing itself connected to the USB port of the RaspberryPi, both having their own power supply unit. When i turn on the RaspberryPi and lunch cgminer, i get an error message "no valid hashes for...". In order to get the compacs working i have to quit cgminer, unplug each compac from the HUB and plug them again, and of course relunch cgminer. Does anyone know how to fix this? I mean, it is not very convenient to plug and unplug the compacs...

Thanks in advance for your help Grin

Cheers,

Jeff.

what freq are you running the sticks at ?

have you tried just unplugging the hub ?(power+usb) ?

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 07:05:19 PM

I had the same troubles whether i try to run at 150Mhz or 200 Mhz.

Yes, but it didn't solve the problem...

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:08:21 PM

I had the same troubles whether i try to run at 150Mhz or 200 Mhz.

Yes, but it didn't solve the problem...

It could be a crappy USB on amout of power.  Have you tried running 1 instead of three?   

That's what I would do is reduce amount of them and test it.  See what happens.  All usb hubs are not equal.
bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 09:07:19 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 06:45:02 AM by bestcoin_59

It could be a crappy USB on amout of power.  Have you tried running 1 instead of three?  

That's what I would do is reduce amount of them and test it.  See what happens.  All usb hubs are not equal.

Even with one compac plugged on the HUB, it does not work. It only works when i plug the compac on the HUB after the Raspberry Pi is running. I also tried to plug the USB port of the HUB on the Raspberry Pi while the Raspberry Pi is running (having the compac already plugged on the HUB): it does not work either (even with just one compac).

It is all the more strange so as the compac (with its serial number) appears on the boot screen (when i turn the Pi on, and when everything is plugged).

Cheers,

Jeff.

bestcoin_59 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 06:52:20 AM

No one Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: