Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:30:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe Bitcoin Downloads Website?  (Read 1153 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:17:08 AM

I don't understand. Which applications? All of the Bitcoin software you can download from official Web sites. You can check them for viruses on www.virustotal.com.
Use virustotal and use only developers/officials apps websites. Never 3rd party ones.

Is this Virustotal is a reliable source for detecting any virus on the downloading applications? I have not heard about their services. But I guess it would be more useful when we mistakenly download applications from the wrong sites.

i prefer hitmanpro and especially, malwarebyte which is a beast, for now it worked always perfectly

virustotal is full of false positive, unless you have all result in red or at least the majority
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:18:49 AM

I don't understand. Which applications? All of the Bitcoin software you can download from official Web sites. You can check them for viruses on www.virustotal.com.
Use virustotal and use only developers/officials apps websites. Never 3rd party ones.

Is this Virustotal is a reliable source for detecting any virus on the downloading applications? I have not heard about their services. But I guess it would be more useful when we mistakenly download applications from the wrong sites.

i prefer hitmanpro and especially, malwarebyte which is a beast, for now it worked always perfectly

virustotal is full of false positive, unless you have all result in red or at least the majority

Thats how Virustotal works, its most likely just false positive until many agree it is a virus and they detect the same thing, instead of generic code bullcrap. It lets you run it by quantity to verify if its false positive or not.

For whats of running on your own computer, Malwarebyte is definitively a beast. Avira if you really need anti virus and annoying webprotection and ZoneAlarm for two-way firewall.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌