Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (game) BAS Satoshi  (Read 2946 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 05:29:32 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 12:20:18 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

NOTE: The name of this thread will be changed to 'We're on the starship____________' once a name has been picked, or simply titled '_______' (the name of the ship).

Anybody can play, but don't refer to yourself as your real name or pseudonym, along with leaving all your RL personalities and biases behind. For instance, I will be known as Boi'qaaf (zero Google results), far removed from the personalities of Phinnaeus Gage, Bruno, Al the Alpaca, etc., and may ally with Atlas, Josh, or Zhou Tong's character.

Try to pick a name that's not currently indexed by Google, and always sign your post with your character's name.

The only outside role I will be performing is maintaining this thread, making sure the rules, albeit few, are being abided. Any suggestions or questions can be asked of me via PM.

The game only exist on this forum thread, but members can interact outside in RL, joining alliances, maybe, to better or sabotage the experience.

Unless otherwise revealed by consensus (a vote--explained in a sec), assume the ship we're on is in outer space on a yet to be defined mission. The only thing taking place on this ship that resembles anything we currently relate to the Bitcoin realm is the use of Bitcoin itself possibly a means of conducting commerce on the ship, unless a consensus dictates another yet to be known purpose, e.g., mining, returning the protocol to The Protector, etc.

To start off, we'll name the ship, first by garnering suggestions and using only +1's as votes. All that is needed is three +1's by full members (500+ post counts), and the ship will be named. It can always be changed later with another vote after 24 hours (Earth) have passed and using the same criteria.

Same is true as to the size of the ship, number of crew, defence capabilities, mission, etc., but these attributes may not need a vote if ejected into the game by a player, and accepted as fact during the course of dialog. Example:

Player 1: We need to resupply our pantries at the next GL planet, otherwise we're going to have 300 hungry people eyeing each other.
Player 2: 300 people on board, and nobody knows the answer to...
Player 3: Twins! Just what we needed. Now we have 302 clueless souls on this tin can heading to who-knows-where.

When voting (+1), please add other content to your post to further the game along, and always sign with your character name.

Code:
Please put any aside comments or questions (if you don't want to PM me with them) inside code brackets to not disrupt
the playing of the game.

Feel free to use Star Trek as your inspiration, but try to interact here as if that franchise was never conceived. Same true for other well-known sci-fi realms.

I will update this OP when the need arises. I will reserve Post #2 for only facts related to this game (e.g., name of ship, races aboard, mission, etc.)

Boi'qaaf
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 05:30:51 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 12:19:32 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

• Name of ship: BAS Satoshi
  • Captain: Eiran Or'll
  • The Pleaser: Boi'qaaf
  • Warp Engineer: Ifseg Arkaz
  • Leader of the SHARDEN: DARQIST HEMT
  • Retard Genius: BurbolGii

BAS Satoshi and her crew are on an economic expansion mission.

Access to 1A1zP1 is limited to only one entity among the crew, and his/her identity has been unknown among the rest of the crew since BAS Satoshi took flight about 3 Earth years ago.

Code:
Try to refrain from connecting this game to what we know about Bitcoin in RL, as well as
not depending too much on Star Trek when introducing sci-fi terminology.

Put asides in code brackets.

Get a new user account to play the game (option, but would make it a better gaming experience), which can be
whitelisted easily, or be really creative and not let anybody know who you are by registering the normal/long way.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 05:31:39 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2012, 05:44:51 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Another planet we can scratch off the list, Captain.

Boi'qaaf

Code:
If a player wants to take on the roll as the captain, he can do so, but will only be recognized as such after receiving
three +1 votes by Full Members (500+ post count) of this forum, whereupon will be registered in Post #2 of this thread.
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:51:06 PM

I vote to name the ship the "BAS Satoshi".

For the captain, I nominate myself (caffeinewriter).

Captain's Bio:

My name is Eiran Or'll (Pronounced Eer-ahn Or-el). I am a native of the planet Earth, however, I am not human. I am an anthromorphic cross between a tiger and a human due to a regrettable crossbreeding incident which led me to become an orphan at age 6. I never met my father, and my mother died (as a result of the crossbreeding) when I was 6. At the age of 12, I visited an IEC (Intergalactic Enterprise Corporation) symposium, where I became fascinated with space travel. At 16, I registered with the Alliance, and enrolled in Vargas University for Space Travel, an ivy league school comprised of the top fleet commanders in the world. By age 21, I graduated with full honors and began working with the IEC as a ensign. Three years later, due to my diligence and intelligence, I advanced to the rank of captain. I now command the ship "BAS Satoshi".

For the mission, I vote that we're on an economic expansion mission.

I suggest for voting, you +1 each idea individually by quote.

E.g.

+1

+1

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 06:02:05 PM

For the captain, I nominate myself (caffeinewriter).

I suggest for voting, you +1 each idea individually by quote.

E.g.

+1

+1

+1

Code:
I'll +1 both suggestions, but to play this well, present everything while in character. E.g. (without quotes)
"As captain of BAS Satoshi on this economic expansion mission, I hereby confine you, Boi'qaaf, to quarters until..."

And don't forget to sign your post with your new character name.

Code:
I see you added more, Eiran Or'll

Boi'qaaf
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Machine Room reporting.

All Energy Levels are Green.

We are at 95.8 % Warpplasma

Primary and Secondary Warpcore are both running smoothly.

Machine room is ready to fly the "BAS Satoshi" to the next destination of our secret mission that has yet to be revealed.

Warp Engineer Ifseg Arkaz

"BAS Satoshi"

+1

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 06:08:49 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2012, 06:19:10 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Captain Eer-ahn Or-el, what is our next disno? Warp Engineer Ifseg Arkaz confirms all... WTF, it looks like we have a problem, Captain. Should I adjust the...

Boi'qaaf

Code:
Genius idea (I think): We should register our new IDs, using them to only play this game.
The mods can fairly quickly whitelist the new account names, thus giving them something to do.  ;D
caffeinewriter

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:25:29 PM

Shit. What's that rattling Arkaz? You know I hate rattling. I thought you said the engine room was clean? Boi'qaaf! Status report!

- Eiran Or'll

Akka
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:35:59 PM

Nothing to worry about, some relays needed to be replaced.

We will have them callibrated in a few minutes and then w.. "Electric summing" / lights flickering".

Please stand by for a moment.

Ifseg Arkaz

caffeinewriter

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

I don't like the sound of this. Are you getting EM fluctuations down there?

- Eiran Or'll

Akka
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:48:28 PM

Most systems should work fine now.

It seems that capacitors on our starboard side are thru alloyed.

The bad news is that we won't have weapons on starboard for the next 12 hours.

Good news is, we found this before we are actually in a combat situation.

Ifseg Arkaz

caffeinewriter

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:54:53 PM

True. Get them repaired as soon as possible. I want them all deionized and ready to go.

Can we get to the stardock?

Akka
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:32:30 PM

Yes, all ways are save. Lifts are operational. Radiation shields and live support work as well.

I will now focus on replacing the capacitors. Will report back as soon as the work is finished.

Ifseg Arkaz

caffeinewriter

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:43:54 PM

Okay, continue to stardock on auxiliary thrusters, and broadcast distress signal 2, seeking safe haven.

- Eiran Or'll

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 07:46:20 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2012, 11:58:59 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Code:
You guys are good! I just registered Boi'qaaf https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=71107 and should be whitelisted
soon. I'll figure out the voting aspect later, for a new account negates the 500+ post count rule, but maybe it's not needed.
Hopefully you both go the same route putting your title/position and avatar in your profile.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:06:30 PM

GREETINGS HUMANS

I AM DARQIST HEMT, LEADER OF THE SHARDEN.

YOU ARE SURROUNDED.

YOU WILL SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:24:27 PM

I just registered Boi'gaaf

No, you registered Boi qaaf, with a Q

LMAO
BC12345

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:28:30 PM

Ten minutes earlier...

The name is BurbolGii (some say I'm a genius but most say I'm a retard)...

Where am I, how did I get here? Damn, my head hurts!

It looks like I am on some kind of starship... Where is everyone?

Oh, what a nice, blinking machine! I wonder what happens if I connect this two wires?

BZZZZZZ!

Ouch!

Rattling sound....

Uh oh, I think I'll better hide for a while...

BurbolGii

Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 11:51:18 PM

BurbolGii, BurbolGii, BurbolGii. Your head hurt due to the too many flaccs we consumed last night. I'm surprised that that's all you're complaining about that hurts. But don't worry, my new friend, when the effects of the flaccs wears off, you'll remember you're on BAS Satoshi and what role you play here. BTW, payment transaction has yet to reach my account, thus now giving you no more than two cycles time to pay your arrears or our little secret will made public.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
caffeinewriter

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 11:56:31 PM

I chuckle.

"Darqist Hemt. I was told you'd be coming. Is this about the poker game that, by the way, you still owe me thirty thousand credits for? Also, why the hell does everybody assume that all people from Earth are human. I'm a Timan. I'd think you'd know this. Anyways, what makes me think that our ship won't blow yours straight out of the sky?" Although appearing calm, inside I'm quite nervous, knowing the weapons array is offline due to the capacitor overload.

- Eiran Or'll

Code:
Timan is pronounced Tee-mahn.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: