Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: F.GIGA.ETF to be delisted on December 1st, 2012.  (Read 5087 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:43:10 PM

As you all know, Nefario's erratic behavior during the past month rendered asset issuers unable to fulfill their obligations to share owners, with hopes of recovery slipping slowly from the realm of the probable to the realm of possible as the weeks went by.

With the recent disappearance of the glbse server from the Internet (502 Bad Gateway as of yesterday) any sort of recovery seems moreover improbable. Consequently we regretfully announce that should the ownership situation of GIGAMINING not be remedied by December 1st, F.GIGA.ETF will be delisted and all shares held discarded as worthless.

The symbol is not currently locked from trading nor will it be locked up until that date, however volume has been consistently zero for the past few weeks. With this we also kindly ask all our full service brokers to check with any clients placing orders on that symbol and make sure they are in fact up to date.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:25:33 PM

Does this have anything to do with GIGAMINING from gigavps?
I haven't seen anything about this in the original gigamining thread.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:50:25 PM

Response from gigavps, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg1307558#msg1307558
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 11:48:46 PM

Does this have anything to do with GIGAMINING from gigavps?
I haven't seen anything about this in the original gigamining thread.

Well yes, a sort of pass-through I guess.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:57:22 PM

K. So, I had 10,000 of these babies, and now they're disappeared?

Now that giga is returning money, I presume that you'll receive some and pass that on to holders of F.GIGA.ETF?

Also, there should be a receipt (somehow) when something is removed from my portfolio. As it stands, I have zero record of what's happened with those shares (since they were apparently deleted or something?)

Giga is talking about paying back previous dividends, and the current value, and I would expect that to be passed through. Or is this somehow not the case?

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:44:27 PM

K. So, I had 10,000 of these babies, and now they're disappeared?

Now that giga is returning money, I presume that you'll receive some and pass that on to holders of F.GIGA.ETF?

Also, there should be a receipt (somehow) when something is removed from my portfolio. As it stands, I have zero record of what's happened with those shares (since they were apparently deleted or something?)

Giga is talking about paying back previous dividends, and the current value, and I would expect that to be passed through. Or is this somehow not the case?

Looks like youve been screwed by another exchange....

guruvan

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:33:09 PM

I believe the technical term is "fucked"

And, I certainly hope not.

But....At this point it would not surprise me.

Monster Tent

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:51:04 PM

I believe the technical term is "fucked"

And, I certainly hope not.

But....At this point it would not surprise me.

Well  since its a passthrough MPEX would need to send all their personal info to reclaim the shares.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:53:02 PM

Well  since its a passthrough MPEX would need to send all their personal info to reclaim the shares.

This is correct. I've kindly asked Mircea to reconsider and he declined.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 05:50:02 AM

Well  since its a passthrough MPEX would need to send all their personal info to reclaim the shares.

Who was operating the passthru?

Monster Tent

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:53:04 AM

Thats kinda jerky if theres still bonds outstanding and almost scammy if it isnt bought back while there are still holders of the asset.

guruvan

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:40:36 AM

Wait. wut?

So.........looks like MPEx is indeed fucking it's customers? Mircea won't send information to James, therefore Mircea's customers are screwed.

Mircea, you should have thought of that. You still owe the money to your investors. To not pay because you're unwilling to receive the money is wrong.

Scammer tag seems imminent.  Tongue

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:55:52 AM

Wait. wut?

So.........looks like MPEx is indeed fucking it's customers? Mircea won't send information to James, therefore Mircea's customers are screwed.

Mircea, you should have thought of that. You still owe the money to your investors. To not pay because you're unwilling to receive the money is wrong.

Scammer tag seems imminent.  Tongue

This has been amply discussed on irc about a month or so ago. It's preserved here. Read that, come back.

guruvan

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:30:39 AM

I fail to see the relevance of that speculative conversation in the face of actual real offers to return funds to you.

If you fail to claim your funds from gigamining then you're ignoring your fiduciary duty to your investors.

If you refuse to return funds received, you're stealing from your investors.

There are no other options for what is currently going on.

Either way, no one should do business with you until such time as you make your investors whole.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:09:10 PM

I fail to see the relevance of that speculative conversation in the face of actual real offers to return funds to you.

If you fail to claim your funds from gigamining then you're ignoring your fiduciary duty to your investors.

If you refuse to return funds received, you're stealing from your investors.

There are no other options for what is currently going on.

Either way, no one should do business with you until such time as you make your investors whole.

The thing that's speculative is this conversation.

guruvan

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:21:18 PM

Pray, tell, what are we speculating on?

Either you're going to claim the funds and return them, or you're failing in your duty to your investors.

Which is it? There are no other options.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:38:40 PM

Really, read the quoted discussion rather than trying to re-enact it as if it were fresh.

guruvan

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:44:55 PM

As you all know, Nefario's erratic behavior during the past month rendered asset issuers unable to fulfill their obligations to share owners, with hopes of recovery slipping slowly from the realm of the probable to the realm of possible as the weeks went by.

With the recent disappearance of the glbse server from the Internet (502 Bad Gateway as of yesterday) any sort of recovery seems moreover improbable. Consequently we regretfully announce that should the ownership situation of GIGAMINING not be remedied by December 1st, F.GIGA.ETF will be delisted and all shares held discarded as worthless.

The symbol is not currently locked from trading nor will it be locked up until that date, however volume has been consistently zero for the past few weeks. With this we also kindly ask all our full service brokers to check with any clients placing orders on that symbol and make sure they are in fact up to date.

Fuck it. I give up. I will liquidate all my MPEx positions and withdraw my funds. I will then consider selling the account. Dealing with Mircea is fucking pointless. He'll attempt to bully everyone and make himself out to be Big Tough and Right (regardless of the truth) and then he'll just walk off with the money.

Typical Exchange Operator, stubborn prick, willing to fuck over investors and likely steal their money.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:00:12 PM

Fuck it. I give up. I will liquidate all my MPEx positions and withdraw my funds. I will then consider selling the account. Dealing with Mircea is fucking pointless. He'll attempt to bully everyone and make himself out to be Big Tough and Right (regardless of the truth) and then he'll just walk off with the money.

Typical Exchange Operator, stubborn prick, willing to fuck over investors and likely steal their money.

Eh simmer down will you. What are you on about anyway?

guruvan

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:14:16 PM

I see no need to simmer down until you show that you're going to pay investors in F.GIGA.ETF. (which you certainly seem to have been shown to have exactly zero intention in doing)

All I see is a non-worthless asset removed from my portfolio

I'm on about that.

What are you on?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: