Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I love you all.  (Read 7217 times)
BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:47:10 PM

As we have seen the United States fiat currency system drastically devalued over the past several decades, and as the Euro sits in perilous balance, the age of "The People's Currency" is upon us. Cryptocurrency represents the single greatest financial innovation of our lifetimes. Imagine what it would have been like, watching front-row just as we are now, when rudimentary forms of currency were first utilized in the ancient civilizations, greatly enhancing and fostering early forms of commerce! I submit that truly decentralized currency is an even greater revolution than any seen before.

The world has dramatically changed in response to seismic forces of exchange and commerce only a few times in recorded history. For over two thousand years, government-controlled exchange systems have ruled mercilessly over the people of the world. Centuries of blood shed, rooted in financial power jostling, have undermined peace and growth as centrally consumed resources became abused. The gold standard constantly manipulated, largely to the advantage of just a few major entities. Value theft, through inflationary spending, constantly undermining the productivity and laminar creation of wealth and goods.

We will look back on this time as the beginning of a new era in commerce, but more importantly power structure. Bitcoins are going to change things forever. We must be diligent in protecting this great system of fairness which has been so carefully crafted for our benefit. We must continue to innovate the platform to the advantage of all people, not just those that own this great pseudo-commodity, but future generations waiting to inherit the momentum it could bring and greater stability of world market forces. As it propagates, common asset values will be far too difficult to erode via centralized powers. Vast currency exchange cost and it's natural crippling effect on international trade will begin to vanish. Borders will open economically and arguably philosophically. Citizens of less fortunate nations will find level playing ground, some for the first time in recorded history.

Soak it in and enjoy the momentum, because this is just the beginning! Few people on this earth have any idea what is about to awaken them, and Bitcoin has gone viral if you haven't already noticed. We now live in the age of constructive e-viral revolution, where nations can be taken down by social networks and long held kingdoms of wealth and influence are powerless to stop this astonishing trend.  We are witnessing a great crumbling of "brick-and-mortar" in the face of what are simply beautiful ideas taking root, one person at a time. The lords and barons of the old guard will be forced to yield control to the populace, as it always should have been.

Rake them in while you can miners. Someday it will be said how easily the Bitcoins flowed in the beginning. This cryptocurrency gold rush is in it's prime and the day will come where owning even fractions of a Bitcoin will feed a man for a year. There will come a day when, of the billions of souls on the planet, every single mind possessed with thought will crave to have one, but with only 21 million to go around.

Everyone will want to partake of that sense of liberation you and I have already felt when we first obtained our own. It's contagious, and we are watching it live, spreading among our various acquaintances, and we will continue to watch it as it fills society with increasing satisfaction, that they no longer must render to Caesar.

Let those who clearly see this true potential before us, continually guard it and nurture it forward. My fulminant thanks to Satoshi and our well qualified crew of core developers for bringing us into the advanced age of cryptocurrencies. Truly inspiring.

Long live the People's Currency.

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:23:04 PM

Long live the People's Currency.

Excellent post.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:00:08 PM

We are all at the beginning of the new economy of the new world of liberty
whitetoo

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:26:54 PM

+1 Smiley
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:45:20 PM

I don't believe we've ever spoken, OP, but you seem like just the type of guy I get along with.  My sentiments exactly, there has never been a community of such like-minded high-thinking individuals like that found here.

Almost sounds like I'm gloating Grin

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:56:26 PM

+1

I'd say my IQ has jumped at least 10 points for having learned about and joined the bitcoin community.

Its for sure it would have taken me a lot longer to learn the bankers tactics, the true value of money and so on and so forth, thanks to this thing called bitcoin.

Thanks Satoshi.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:38:28 PM

Now this thread for sure will take the exchange rate down by a notch or two. My gift to you bears.
Sure will. USD will be worthless soon after the next time you remember to bump this.

.... Jesus. I forgot how many alcoholics used to be around the forum waaaay back in 2011. Little-known fact for the youngsters: Satoshi wrote the whitepapers through 10 1.5L bottles of MD 20/20 donated by a small collective of crypto-geeks and a batshit-insane zen buddhist. I hear he liked "orange" flavor best.
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

After persistently reading the forums, the insight provided by this community is blindingly addictive when placed in stark contrast to the insight of mainstream news reports.  Bitcoin doesn't attract drug dealers, it attracts the intelligent and socially motivated. We invest in Bitcoin, not just bitcoins.
mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:12:09 PM

you talk of the presstitutes there ?
Mark Oates

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:18:34 PM

presstitutes
Like that, right there!  Where dat word come from?  I just learned a new word! How cool is that!? Shocked
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:26:44 PM

Now this thread for sure will take the exchange rate down by a notch or two. My gift to you bears.
Sure will. USD will be worthless soon after the next time you remember to bump this.

.... Jesus. I forgot how many alcoholics used to be around the forum waaaay back in 2011. Little-known fact for the youngsters: Satoshi wrote the whitepapers through 10 1.5L bottles of MD 20/20 donated by a small collective of crypto-geeks and a batshit-insane zen buddhist. I hear he liked "orange" flavor best.
I think I like Banana Red the best myself.  But they are all good.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:49:31 AM

Epic post, thank you.

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:52:57 AM

"I love you all" ... as in ... "unconditional love" ?
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:32:01 AM

Freedom is popular guys.

Nice to be with you all Cheesy
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:46:42 AM

Well said Kludge.

And I remember you from the first forum we met and I can corroborate the change in attitude you talk about. Bitcoin is contagious, when I make a payment with bitcoins it just feels right.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:02:18 AM

I was just about to start a "I love you all" thread myself, and here it is, already existing.  I'll have to go back and reread the thread after I post this, but I want to use my own words to express myself.

I love you all. This community is what made bitcoin into what it is.  Your all smart as fuck, open minded and funny.  Generous and thoughtful.  I keep buying all the way up (foolishly, perhaps) because of the confidence I hold this group in.  Decentralized trust is a powerful force we are unleashing upon the world.  I can't wait to meet many of you in 40 days in San Jose.  The party is going to be wild.

Smart, courageous, revolutionary free-thinkers.  I love you all.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:14:16 AM

Just remember Kluge, nothing is written in stone. Just wait until the next Patrick, Matthew, Pirate, Clipse, Goat or Atlas piss you off and then see how deep your love is.

MrCrabs

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:29:19 AM

Thanks for the HI5
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:33:10 AM

Just remember Kluge, nothing is written in stone. Just wait until the next Patrick, Matthew, Pirate, Clipse, Goat or Atlas piss you off and then see how deep your love is.
Alright. I got you. I love you all*.

OP was made back when Atlas (or Andrew Ryan or whoever he was being at the time) amused me. MNW's actually done an incredible amount of good lately.

(You forgot dank. I hate dank.)
cho

Activity: 155

Boar with me

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:05:08 AM

Love you all, too.
Very insightful post saying that even if bitcoin fails and/or all economic value is lost, it will have been great to have spent some time here. Puts things in the right order in my opinion.
First time I receive a virtual hi5 too, thx for that Smiley (hmm, that hi5 wasn't really virtual. It was just remote after all, not virtual).

1KEWxTkXPgfB9MdHJcfyoVnfHRnYEHQJPw
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: