Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta 4 Released! BitMiner - Advanced Mining GUI  (Read 50155 times)
SomeoneWeird (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:02:55 PM

\Beta 3\Victa & Windows 7\poclbm.exe?

ok i put it all into \poclbm\ that fixed it, now i get another error:

"ERROR!

Traceback (most recent call last):"

You need to copy everything into \poclbm\ from the file you downloaded (of poclbm, derp) not just poclbm.exe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lightspeed

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:12:38 PM

"ERROR!

You need to copy everything into \poclbm\ from the file you downloaded (of poclbm, derp) not just poclbm.exe

just deleted all the files, got a fresh copy from the zip file and still the same error...

ffs.. this is driving me up the wall

Overclocking = money? Greatest full time hobby ever!
1AR2eheP4nckS3tuzZHG6ARYndeddxmeDg
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:17:18 PM

"ERROR!

just deleted all the files, got a fresh copy from the zip file and still the same error...

ffs.. this is driving me up the wall

Yeah, sorry, i'll be adding alot of error handling code in v4 to help out with this sort of thing. Meanwhile, do you have teamviewer or skype or something that i'll be able to help you with?
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:37:19 PM

I got this running again last night but still found it to be a bit buggy. I hit 'run miner' at one point after leaving the 'fallback miner' field blank and got an exception I had to end task out of for example. I think potentially the software has a great future. I particularly like the idea of having a 'fallback' option and graphs etc would be great too. But the bugs need to be ironed out and you need to include options such as the ability to delete miners too.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:54:53 PM

I got this running again last night but still found it to be a bit buggy. I hit 'run miner' at one point after leaving the 'fallback miner' field blank and got an exception I had to end task out of for example. I think potentially the software has a great future. I particularly like the idea of having a 'fallback' option and graphs etc would be great too. But the bugs need to be ironed out and you need to include options such as the ability to delete miners too.

Exactly why it's still Beta Tongue

What happened with the fallback, did the exception randomly popup? or did it come up with something like "can't fallback"?

And yeah, i'll add that for v4.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:59:16 PM

What happened with the fallback, did the exception randomly popup? or did it come up with something like "can't fallback"?

Yea I think the latter from memory

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:03:19 AM

Bump. V4 coming soon with increased error handling and lots more pools!
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:51:51 AM

Bump. V4 coming soon with increased error handling and lots more pools!

Bump again, failover support fixed (btw I broke it, haha). V4 should be coming soon!
BrewProof

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:44:48 AM

Any chance I could get a copy of the src?  Im a C# developer by trade and could possibly help out or at the very least educate myself further about the intricacies of mining with this...
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:48:33 AM

Any chance I could get a copy of the src?  Im a C# developer by trade and could possibly help out or at the very least educate myself further about the intricacies of mining with this...

Possibly, PM me.

--edit, remember, it's .net, so it's easily reflectible.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 01:38:36 PM

BUMP! Beta 4 Released!
Xer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:29:52 PM

bla bla bla, you must install .net framework v4.0
iv got .net 4.0 installed already so what gives? no other software on my computer complains on the framework.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:38:01 AM

bla bla bla, you must install .net framework v4.0
iv got .net 4.0 installed already so what gives? no other software on my computer complains on the framework.

Wtf? Really? It's compiled against v2. Hmm.
crfog

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:59:50 AM

Well, I got V4 running and within 10 minutes or so, started to receive this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BitMiner.Form1.<>c__DisplayClass8.<SetBlock>b__7()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BitMiner
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BitMiner/BitMiner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The odd thing about the error is that it doesn't affect the mining at all if it only happens once.  I can leave the error notification open the it just keeps mining away.  However, I think that when the same error occurs a second time (without me closing the notification), then I get a message which is clearly from GuiMiner itself.  The box is completely empty, but until I close it, mining ceases.  I'm thinking about just setting up this JIT debugging, as I think without the windows notifications piling up, the miner may just continue even if these errors are encountered.  Anyway, if you've got any ideas on how to fix my issue, let me know.  Until I do, I can't run the program properly as mining just stop within the first half hour as these errors seem to occur sporadically, but at least once every twenty minutes or so.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:22:49 AM

Gaaah. Ok. This is really why I need beta testers. I'll take a look at the code, is the title of the messagebox that pops up "ERROR!"?
crfog

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:30:09 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2011, 03:45:18 AM by crfog

Yes, I believe that was the title.  It was very clear that the first box was a generic windows exception box and the second blank one was from BitMiner.  I'll get it up and running again though just to double check for you.  And since my system seems to be one giving you some major issues, I'd be happy to beta test for you in the future.  Don't know how much time I can give you, but at least I could set it up a couple tims a day to run with various settings and see how things go.

*UPDATE*

Should have paid more attention before.  The first error is actually directly related to Microsoft .NET Framework (as the exception message box is titled as such).  Also, the summary of the error is "object reference not set to an instance of an object.", hope that can be of some assistance. 
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:04:22 AM

Yes, I believe that was the title.  It was very clear that the first box was a generic windows exception box and the second blank one was from BitMiner.  I'll get it up and running again though just to double check for you.  And since my system seems to be one giving you some major issues, I'd be happy to beta test for you in the future.  Don't know how much time I can give you, but at least I could set it up a couple tims a day to run with various settings and see how things go.

*UPDATE*

Should have paid more attention before.  The first error is actually directly related to Microsoft .NET Framework (as the exception message box is titled as such).  Also, the summary of the error is "object reference not set to an instance of an object.", hope that can be of some assistance. 

Can you pastebin the JIT error?
crfog

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:12:15 AM

Done.  http://pastebin.com/FBpu3YMS

Still haven't come across the second instance of the error yet though.  I'm off bed soon, but will let it run through the night. 
crfog

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:35:08 AM

Okay, so there actually isn't any title on the second box that pops up.  Here's what I woke up to this morning:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/bitminererrors.jpg/

SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:39:01 AM

Okay, so there actually isn't any title on the second box that pops up.  Here's what I woke up to this morning:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/bitminererrors.jpg/

Very interesting. Nowhere in my code does it ever popup with a blank box lol. If you click close, does another box popup with a number in it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: