Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining, can it still pay out?  (Read 3846 times)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

I remember I was using cex.io a while ago and actually made something

but I've been out of the bitcoin story for about a year now
You must have make big time Cheesy:D. Don't cloud mine, it was never profitable in first place.
Its shady stuff
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

cloudmining is ponzi inside

if you do not trust in my cloudmining then claim only free shares...
if i am a scammer...you have only lost time.

I think you are losing vision.   Not all cloud mining is the same.  Did you read up above about hashnest selling hardware though cloud?   It is part of it.

Bit-X has 1PH of confirmed bitfury gear.  Yes on this kind of gear you get part.  It is not sold by unit. Bit-X is actually a very big BTC exchange in UK.  Cloud Mining is small part of overall company.

And I'm not pushing for sales, just trying to get you to see not all cloud mining is the same.  I say this a lot but it's true I make 0 money off of people who choose Bit-X mining.  So I push for research not sales.   
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:49:43 PM

list 10 cloud miner sites that dont close over a year lol its all ponzi
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

not all, it was already said that bit-x hashnest and genesismining are legit, roi just take a long time like 10 months in most case
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:53:16 PM

i really doubt that it might pay off after a few years though i dont think its worth doing it then as it wont give you decent profit
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:10:47 PM

i really doubt that it might pay off after a few years though i dont think its worth doing it then as it wont give you decent profit

More than likely, whatever GH based on a value you get now will be worthless in a few years, because of raising difficulty, at least at hashnest, because its fee is based on the profitably of the unit its tied to ex; S5.

Otherwise you'd need a system where they devalue and overtime fee per GH is lowered.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:41:00 AM

More than likely, whatever GH based on a value you get now will be worthless in a few years, because of raising difficulty, at least at hashnest, because its fee is based on the profitably of the unit its tied to ex; S5.

Otherwise you'd need a system where they devalue and overtime fee per GH is lowered.

No miner cloud or even hardware miner will make it years.  If someone say's lifetime or forever it works be weary as to good to be true.   

With any miner there are risk it's there with cloud or hardware.  You have a point where it's not profitable to run.   As hardware miner I sell it before it reaches this point.  It depends on the cloud mining site what happens at this point.   Also some have trading on cloud hashing where you can buy/sell.  So you could sell on some sites if you think this is happening soon and maybe get a tad more out of it and someone else takes over the risk of it being end of life of miner.
winguard

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:55:56 AM

I was invested in few cloudmining sites for almost two years and never did i make money.. Given the high fees and mining difficulty i'd say just hold on to your bitcoins.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 07:21:11 AM

I was invested in few cloudmining sites for almost two years and never did i make money.. Given the high fees and mining difficulty i'd say just hold on to your bitcoins.

So I did...
it's why i propose now a kind of cloudmining in 3 parts.
free shares...already working
investment...soon possible
mining...possible but not yet explained online.(in few words...you have a miner and you have difficulties to reach the minimum payout then you can mine for me and i will pay you or give you shares for it.

Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:38:45 AM

Probably you had bad experiences on cloud mining sites and you only tried those ponzi ones, if that's so we're the same Cheesy I also see cloudmining sites as a disguised ponzi but after some research I found cloudmining sites that's legit and not a ponzi. One good example was bit x. Also hashnest was a legit one and probably there are more legit cloud mining sites.

CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:46:07 AM

Probably you had bad experiences on cloud mining sites and you only tried those ponzi ones, if that's so we're the same Cheesy I also see cloudmining sites as a disguised ponzi but after some research I found cloudmining sites that's legit and not a ponzi. One good example was bit x. Also hashnest was a legit one and probably there are more legit cloud mining sites.

Yes I also had bad experience with my cloud mining. Earning was very much little that may be due to the amount of hash power I have bought. But when bitcoin prices down surged, they paid out in negative with the reason of maintenance charges.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:48:37 AM

Yes I also had bad experience with my cloud mining. Earning was very much little that may be due to the amount of hash power I have bought. But when bitcoin prices down surged, they paid out in negative with the reason of maintenance charges.

It's sad but you really do have to research before any investment.  Cloud mining is so full of scammers I suggest even more then normal researching time.

But also once sure it is legit.  Do ROI math to.  Just like hardware mining you have to do ROI math to see if it makes sense at that current time.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:15:50 AM

It's sad but you really do have to research before any investment.  Cloud mining is so full of scammers I suggest even more then normal researching time.

But also once sure it is legit.  Do ROI math to.  Just like hardware mining you have to do ROI math to see if it makes sense at that current time.

But its not that cloudmining is ponzi or not, its the fact that mining itself is getting less and less profitable.

As the competition grows, the profit margin shrunks. And mining is a very competitive game nowadays, not to mention that the difficulty rises, and the cost of operation too.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:20:26 AM

But its not that cloudmining is ponzi or not, its the fact that mining itself is getting less and less profitable.

As the competition grows, the profit margin shrunks. And mining is a very competitive game nowadays, not to mention that the difficulty rises, and the cost of operation too.

It actually is pretty good right now.  Those of us who made profit at 230... a bump like 270 even is a nice little bump for us.  So the trick is being able to handle low priced mining times. 

And the good news is all of the BTC you mined and did not use to pay electricity for example has today's value so your holdings can go up a decent amount as far as USD in just a few weeks.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:28:33 AM

It actually is pretty good right now.  Those of us who made profit at 230... a bump like 270 even is a nice little bump for us.  So the trick is being able to handle low priced mining times. 

And the good news is all of the BTC you mined and did not use to pay electricity for example has today's value so your holdings can go up a decent amount as far as USD in just a few weeks.

So you are saying that you turn your mining equipment to half capacity when price is low, and full capacity when price is high? Thats a good strategy.

Or, mine always for maximum capacity, but only dump the coins at high price? This is riskier.

The problem is that difficulty is going up, electricity cost going up, and you need new mining equipment that doesnt ROI for months, to keep up the capacity.

It is though, but doable.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:30:45 AM

So you are saying that you turn your mining equipment to half capacity when price is low, and full capacity when price is high? Thats a good strategy.

Or, mine always for maximum capacity, but only dump the coins at high price? This is riskier.

The problem is that difficulty is going up, electricity cost going up, and you need new mining equipment that doesnt ROI for months, to keep up the capacity.

Better always mine full speed, you might end up losing more from not mining than from mining more efficiently. Of course its understandable if you need to pay electricity bill from your BTC earning, but if thats the case, your electricity rate is probably too high to be mining anyways.

At least thats how i see it for home miners.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:40:31 AM

Better always mine full speed, you might end up losing more from not mining than from mining more efficiently. Of course its understandable if you need to pay electricity bill from your BTC earning, but if thats the case, your electricity rate is probably too high to be mining anyways.

The problem with this is that some miners under clock nicely.  I have normal electricity nothing special.  And I do pay for electricity so if under clocking brings me more money, I do it.  For example my Avalon 4.1, SP20's are all running under clock as they do it very well and I can run at most efficient electricity.

Running full speed sounds nice but unless free electricity for most it will not work.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:46:14 AM

The problem with this is that some miners under clock nicely.  I have normal electricity nothing special.  And I do pay for electricity so if under clocking brings me more money, I do it.  For example my Avalon 4.1, SP20's are all running under clock as they do it very well and I can run at most efficient electricity.

Running full speed sounds nice but unless free electricity for most it will not work.

You would have a huge headroom before you need to overclock when you're paying 0.04$/kWh. I can understand that people that pay 0.1$/kWh+ already need to start undervolting their S5 equivalent hardware to remain profitable, but i tell myself that if thats the case, you probably should not be mining at home in the first place.

For instance at the local rate, S3's are still nicely profitable, and since they are undervoltable much more easily than with the S5, its going to remain profitable long into the post S7 phase.

I talk of 0.04$ and 0.1$ so there is probably a middle ground where some fine tuning bring more profits, but i never actually ran the numbers on profitability of 0.5J/GH vs 0.7J/GH at various levels in-between.

Cloud services obviously know this and they slap their hosting cost at the point in between where they are guaranteed profits and their investors are likely to break even, after a long time, but not much profit will be achieved.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:51:25 AM

Or you can plan for later dumping,  I mean at next halving the price can go to 5000$. Imagine how big ROI that would be.

Bitcoin can go to the moon, this is also need to be considered by miners.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:11:37 AM

It actually is pretty good right now.  Those of us who made profit at 230... a bump like 270 even is a nice little bump for us.  So the trick is being able to handle low priced mining times.  

The problem with this is that some miners under clock nicely.  I have normal electricity nothing special.  And I do pay for electricity so if under clocking brings me more money, I do it.  For example my Avalon 4.1, SP20's are all running under clock as they do it very well and I can run at most efficient electricity.

Or you can plan for later dumping,  I mean at next halving the price can go to 5000$. Imagine how big ROI that would be.

Bitcoin can go to the moon, this is also need to be considered by miners.

It's getting a little away from cloud mining, but I guess some of these ideas do kinda crossover.

I have a set amount I want to be invested in.  I don't believe in going deeper and deeper in debt in chance of ROI.  I either make ROI or I don't.  And hopefully there is ROI/Profit on my investments.  If you wait on X price (which I admit I have done if price is horrible but as a general rule don't like).  If I did this I would have been KILLED from day's of when BTC was worth double or more then it is today.

Going through something like when btc went from thousand or so to a ton less luckily did not kill me as I had ROI'ed on my holdings.  If I held saying Ohhh if i get X more to pay the costs I do better, the drop like that would have crushed my investment.  I think you had to go through this to see how things can go wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: