Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin - not too low ?  (Read 12101 times)
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:01:58 AM

[...]
Is it lower difficulty than GRouPcoin still or has it already skyrocketed to 272+ difficulty?

-MarkM-

Currently @ ~ 180 kinda fluctuating i'd say...

Where can you see the difficultly ?

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celkaris (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:17:52 AM

You'll see it by :

- Help / Debug
- Console
- type  getmininginfo
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:30:55 AM

People looking for stable value can use the stable one, people wanting a store of value to use as collateral can use the one that tends to go up in value as collateral/reserves/savings, and people looking for loans can borrow the one that tends to go down in value (possibly using the one that tends to go up in value as collateral to secure the loan).

And people looking to day-trade their cryptocurrency can use all 3 types Smiley
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:40:17 AM

You'll see it by :

- Help / Debug
- Console
- type  getmininginfo

Cheers

So who owns Terracoin ?

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:44:50 AM

Where can you trade these terracoins?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:04:12 AM

Where can you trade these terracoins?

How many you selling, what coin you looking to be paid in, and how much of that coin per terracoin or how many terracoin per one of the coin you want as payment?

Adding coin types to either of both of the Open Transactions servers is not hard, but so far none of the users of either or both of those servers have asked to have this coin enabled there...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 09:29:23 AM

The funny thing is, since it's basically exactly bitcoin all over again, is that all the open source projects for bitcoin should automatically just work the same for 'terracoin' since it's just the same thing.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 09:34:32 AM

The funny thing is, since it's basically exactly bitcoin all over again, is that all the open source projects for bitcoin should automatically just work the same for 'terracoin' since it's just the same thing.

lol

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 09:38:18 AM

lol

It might be interesting/strange/terrible if in the future people just keep forking bitcoin with near exact duplicates and what we get is a world full of parallel bitcoins.

Carefull about what Bitcoin you send that money too!

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 10:58:27 AM

So basically because Bitcoin is open-source, there is nothing to stop people from just forking as often as they want. We could have a world full of funny-named coins. In this case if you make it a copy of bitcoin, then even all the other open source projects out there for bitcoin should work out-of-the-box.

Conceivably some small country could use bitcoin as their own monetary supply by forking, starting up their own miners, mine the heck out of it for awhile and then release it to their public- allowing people to mine as well but by keeping the lionshare of the coin to themselves.

Who knows- you could make your own clubhouse coins. Highschools could make their own coins. It's kinda exciting if you think about it. In a way with bitcoin we're building a whole infrastructure to create money systems.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:33:30 AM

Indeed sir  Smiley

Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 12:54:17 PM

I dont understand the interest in all those alt-coin.. IMO bitcoin have been created near perfection by "Satoshi"..  I dont see the need to another type of p2p-coin..  Therefore, BTC have proven solid, have history, and a lot of great poeples dedicating part or all their live to them, buisness are poping everywhere.. A lot of very intelligent and savy peoples work for BTC.  I dont think any alt are comparable, and they still pop and died all arround ?  Anyone know why some seems interested by those pale copy ?
There is something to be said for completely independent alt-chains running for experimenting with, without any chance of screwing something up with the bitcoin chain.

Now, if they decide later on (like BBQcoin did) to try listing it on exchanges with all the testing pre-mine intact, we got a different story...

Otherwise, it is harmless...

Get it set up for merge-mining and I'll add it to my mining, help test out new things and stuff, but until then, it isn't worth giving up my real-coin mining.

-- Smoov
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:23:34 PM

I mined one block(20 TRCs), but they were "reclaimed" about ten minutes later. Pass.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 05:14:41 PM

I mined one block(20 TRCs), but they were "reclaimed" about ten minutes later. Pass.

Did you see the warning that it was in beta test stage and was not recommended to use as a wallet for transactions and or mining?

lol I tried to mine too but I found nothing. BUT IT WORKS THOUGH
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 05:37:27 PM

Uh yeah...tough to miss.

As mentioned it's very expensive(opportunity cost) to mine a single newb coin rather than merge mining established coins. It was just unusual to see a block taken away after such a relatively long duration.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 05:50:46 PM

Uh yeah...tough to miss.

As mentioned it's very expensive(opportunity cost) to mine a single newb coin rather than merge mining established coins. It was just unusual to see a block taken away after such a relatively long duration.

I believe that could be considered as a 100% tax.  Tongue
celkaris (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 07:04:49 PM

I'd say you now own one of those few orphaned blocks in the chain Sad

Bitcoin also see a few of those every day (see http://blockchain.info/orphaned-blocks for an example), but i guess pools deals with it in some way
celkaris (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 07:06:54 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 07:30:50 PM by celkaris

I'd say you now own one of those few orphaned blocks in the chain Sad

Bitcoin also see a few of those every day (see http://blockchain.info/orphaned-blocks for an example), but i guess pools deals with it in some way

and i'd bet this one effect increased by those low settings i was talking about while starting this topic, effect also probably increased by current relatively low difficulty
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 12:17:21 AM

Maybe it was someone pulling a luke-jr... Deliberately orphan-ing everyone else for a while.

Luke did that to CoiLedCoin but not for long; CoiLedCoin is still chugging away along with the other chains that don't go crazy trying to make merging them more of a loss than a gain.

There are still more than half a dozen chains sitting back waiting for merged mining to prove itself before opening themselves up again to attack... One of the things tested with GRouPcoin was the idea of "licensed miners", a way of protecting communities happily chugging away using CPUs from being attacked by pools full of GPUs.

Have you really looked closely yet at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html ?

Maybe try looking even more carefully?

It find some of what it shows to be somewhat suprising, despite having been assured over and over by certain factions of players that that is exactly what would happen once their concepts were actually up and running.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 01:44:49 AM

i think i have 2 Orphaned Blocks ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: