Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin - not too low ?  (Read 12101 times)
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 06:30:34 AM

GeistGeld used 15 second blocks.  Faster blocks increase the amount of stale shares for pool miners and orphans, but 2 minutes is completely feasible.

OP, did you create this coin?  A search on the forum turns up nothing.  To be honest, this looks like just another pump-and-dump coin.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 12:51:21 PM

GeistGeld used 15 second blocks.  Faster blocks increase the amount of stale shares for pool miners and orphans, but 2 minutes is completely feasible.

OP, did you create this coin?  A search on the forum turns up nothing.  To be honest, this looks like just another pump-and-dump coin.

The OP told me he just found it browsing the forks of Bitcoin, and indeed a quick shows about 400 forks of bitcoin. So it could be anyone, although the OP's post count and join date are about the same date as the start of the coin. soooooo......

That said- pump and dump. Sure. Maybe. Probably. I'm mining at the moment because- why not! It would be interesting to see if BTC miners would leave Bitcoin for a copy of bitcoin once they can't mine because of ASICS anymore or if they would just choose Litecoin which is more established. I suspect there will be a lot of excess GPU's free at people's parents houses, at colleges, and other places that people will be willing to spend (someone else's money) in electricity to mine. 

more or less retired.
HotSwap

Activity: 806

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:20:42 AM

i think i have 2 Orphaned Blocks ?

Just out of curiosity what are you using to mine these? I tried it with GUIminer and only got 800khs on my 7970. But with just 1 CPU core I received about the same.

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 01:56:34 PM

I am personally fascinated by something that is nearly an identical copy of Bitcoin, with the tinniest of tweaks added. Everything in the bitcoin world should already work: right out of the box. And this is probably the last time you could just duplicate bitcoin and have people jump on board- in the future with ASICS unless someone alters the coin more significantly, there is far too much has power going around to start up something, and people will be working hard to pay off their ASICS but will be looking for something for their older FPGA's to do.

Or maybe it's just fun to do. Who knows. I'm hashing!

more or less retired.
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:36:54 PM

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:46:58 PM

Funny- I can't get terracoin GUI to run at the same time as the server. hmmmm.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:48:41 PM

what server ?

do mean cgminer ?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:51:53 PM

what server ?

do mean cgminer ?

the terracoind server. How are you solo mining? I'm solo mining with Cgminer connecting to a running version of terracoind. But I can't run the GUI at the same time.I have to quit terracoind first.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:56:50 PM

what server ?

do mean cgminer ?

the terracoind server. How are you solo mining? I'm solo mining with Cgminer connecting to a running version of terracoind. But I can't run the GUI at the same time.I have to quit terracoind first.

Ok sorry still noobish here i started solo mining launching terracoin GUI not terracoind then connecting cgminer, is that right ? 

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:58:52 PM

what server ?

do mean cgminer ?

Ok sorry still noobish here i started solo mining launching terracoin GUI not terracoind then connecting cgminer, is that right ? 

Oh, well if it works too. Rock on.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:12:31 PM

yer it does i had to open terracoin-qt through cmd though and created a config file to solo mine then i keyed in all the info to CGminer then it all worked : D

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 05:36:25 PM

Hashing power people throwing at this??

I left 600 M/Hash on it for a day.. will probably do a week or so?? if not more.. while difficulty down below 200... been at 60 one point today Tongue

would love to know what i'd need to do to setup a Blockexplorer for this chain.. and a pool for mining.... any pointers anyone?

All donations are welcome!!!
TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:13:01 PM

Hashing power people throwing at this??

I left 600 M/Hash on it for a day.. will probably do a week or so?? if not more.. while difficulty down below 200... been at 60 one point today Tongue

would love to know what i'd need to do to setup a Blockexplorer for this chain.. and a pool for mining.... any pointers anyone?

All donations are welcome!!!
TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j

Everything that works for Bitcoin works for Terracoin, because, well, it IS Bitcoin. (In every way that really matters).

So just google any of the open source bitcoin projects: ABE for block exploring, p2p pool for a pool.

I like how https://www.bitaddress.org works perfectly for terracoin.

more or less retired.
girafon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:32:44 PM

You could try https://github.com/terracoin/blockparser  it was recently patched to support terracoin.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:51:13 PM

You could try https://github.com/terracoin/blockparser  it was recently patched to support terracoin.

I'm so curious about all these new users with so few posts who know so much about terracoin. Whats up? We obviously are curious, why don't the developers just introduce themselves already?

more or less retired.
girafon

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 10:04:20 PM

That link ( https://github.com/terracoin/blockparser ) comes from http://terracoin.org/
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 10:06:28 PM

I know, I wasn't trying to be accusatory. Just suspicious. The person who started talking about Terracoin in the first place also only has a couple posts. So, you know-

Anyway, welcome aboard in any case!

more or less retired.
girafon

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 10:09:07 PM

I know, I wasn't trying to be accusatory. Just suspicious. The person who started talking about Terracoin in the first place also only has a couple posts. So, you know-

Anyway, welcome aboard in any case!

Thanks Smiley

i joined more than a year ago, but went to other things in between (real life) .. catching up by browsing forums and subforums...
HotSwap

Activity: 806

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 10:40:48 PM

Has anyone tried mining with any kind of FPGA yet?

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 11:17:26 PM

Has anyone tried mining with any kind of FPGA yet?

Not that I know of- I suspect FPGA miners are trying to hold onto BTC for as long as possible.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: