Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin - not too low ?  (Read 12101 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 01:42:10 PM

its gone down to 847

thank god! I hope it stays down for a little while.

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:51:13 AM

If the earlier formula is right looks like we are up over 80Ghash!  Maybe someone too my "test your asic" post seriously!

more or less retired.
coinotron
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:38:09 AM

I've just started TRC pool at Coinotron Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49182.msg1321767#msg1321767

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:09:22 AM

AWESOME! Thank you!

more or less retired.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:43:04 PM

I'd say its about time for someone to post terracoin on one of the main exchanges.  But on the other hand that would just draw more attention to it, and thus make the difficulty go up.  So maybe not quite yet  Grin

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:46:07 PM

I'd say its about time for someone to post terracoin on one of the main exchanges.  But on the other hand that would just draw more attention to it, and thus make the difficulty go up.  So maybe not quite yet  Grin

I have to say no to this one. Not just because of the difficulty going up, because it's just not about that. It's been around a week, it's totally not time to do an exchange. Maybe in 3 months if it's still here we could talk about it then. But worse then drive attention to it and drive the difficulty up, it will just make it a target for attack. So I'd say, lets not talk exchanges. It is a great test bed for trying things out- there have been enough pump and dumps. There isn't even a block explorer yet, so people cant' even see if the coins are moving around without heading to the command line.

No,no, lets keep the exchange talk to a minimum and instead build cool stuff first.

more or less retired.
Nolo

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:21:11 PM

I have to say no to this one. Not just because of the difficulty going up, because it's just not about that. It's been around a week, it's totally not time to do an exchange. Maybe in 3 months if it's still here we could talk about it then. But worse then drive attention to it and drive the difficulty up, it will just make it a target for attack. So I'd say, lets not talk exchanges. It is a great test bed for trying things out- there have been enough pump and dumps. There isn't even a block explorer yet, so people cant' even see if the coins are moving around without heading to the command line.

No,no, lets keep the exchange talk to a minimum and instead build cool stuff first.

I see your point.  No reason to rush it.  But wouldn't that likely help protect against an attack?  More hashrate = harder to 51%. 

And speaking of which, someone should get on a block explorer!

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:52:02 PM

I see your point.  No reason to rush it.  But wouldn't that likely help protect against an attack?  More hashrate = harder to 51%. 

Maybe, or maybe it would show that the coin was worth nothing, everyone would stop mining it and the hashrate would drop the whole thing would die. Al-la Geist Geld, FairBrix, Tenebrix, IOcoin, IXcoin, the list goes on and on. The best thing to do for now is to stay off an exchange. :-)

more or less retired.
Nolo

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:37:30 PM

Maybe, or maybe it would show that the coin was worth nothing, everyone would stop mining it and the hashrate would drop the whole thing would die. Al-la Geist Geld, FairBrix, Tenebrix, IOcoin, IXcoin, the list goes on and on. The best thing to do for now is to stay off an exchange. :-)

And this is how discussions should be held on the internet.  +1 you've convinced me Smiley

Kumala

Activity: 525

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:26:28 AM

Where can I get a Windows build from?

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:58:39 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2012, 04:11:15 PM by MasterX

Is there anyone interested in "testing" Terracoin transactions? What I mean by that is = I have BTCs and I want TRCs. Any offer?

C'mon people, I don't wanna be stuck on just one yacht!  Grin
How mush do you offer for per 20TRC?

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
Nolo

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:08:36 PM

Is there anyone interested in "testing" Terracoin transactions? What I mean by that is = I have BTCs and I want TRCs. Any offer?

C'mon people, I don't wanna be stuck on just one yacht!  Grin
How mush do you offer for 20TRC?

Are you buying or selling? 

If selling, .0001 BTC.
If buying, 1 BTC   Grin

I'm hoarding until there comes a good use for these.  I have faith in them.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 04:09:37 PM

Ok so original OP said he found this browsing the Sourceforge site.... was wondering if there were any other forks of the blockchain that had been started and new alt coins out there that we SHOULD ALL KNOW ABOUT!! ??

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:12:38 PM

How mush do you offer for 20TRC?

Are you buying or selling? 

If selling, .0001 BTC.
If buying, 1 BTC   Grin

I'm hoarding until there comes a good use for these.  I have faith in them.

haha, at that rate, i'd rather keep them for a while  Grin

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:11:19 PM

What's the cap on total Terracoins?

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:53:11 PM

What's the cap on total Terracoins?

TerraCoin differs from Bitcoin in following terms :

Target difficulty is set to allow one new block every 2 minutes.
Difficulty retargetting occurs every 30 blocks.
Block reward is set to 20 TRC (20 TerraCoins).
Subsidy occurs every 1,050,000 blocks (reward/2 every 1458 days ; 4 years).
Targetted total amount of TRC : 42 millions.

http://terracoin.org

~~~~~

Switched from Coinotron to solo for 1 hour, just to check daily luck, and solved difficulty 1274 block!  Grin

I must be blind or retarded (maybe a little of both) because I totally missed that when I originally went to the Terracoin site Tongue

Mousepotato
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 09:59:56 PM

A retargeting interval of 30 blocks (~ 1 hour) is probably a less than wise choice as then the difficulty is subject to miner manipulation to a large degree. There are good reasons why bitcoin wants to use a long adjustment interval of 2 weeks. ppcoin has continuous adjustment but still the average is over an effective interval of one week.

But the author seems to be working on a distributed p2p exchange (which doesn't seem to be related to terracoin directly). We'll see how that would pan out.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 10:08:17 PM

A retargeting interval of 30 blocks (~ 1 hour) is probably a less than wise choice as then the difficulty is subject to miner manipulation to a large degree. There are good reasons why bitcoin wants to use a long adjustment interval of 2 weeks. ppcoin has continuous adjustment but still the average is over an effective interval of one week.

But the author seems to be working on a distributed p2p exchange (which doesn't seem to be related to terracoin directly). We'll see how that would pan out.

PPC and P2P exchange sounds interesting.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 10:33:02 AM

Ok so original OP said he found this browsing the Sourceforge site.... was wondering if there were any other forks of the blockchain that had been started and new alt coins out there that we SHOULD ALL KNOW ABOUT!! ??

So people can go psycho and destroy everyones work whenever they get started? hmmmm....

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 11:37:28 AM

How mush do you offer for per 20TRC?

0.002 BTC, or 1000 TRC for 0.1 BTC - you send first, of course.

No one is interested in selling? Seriously?

.5 BTC for 1TRC. :-)

No seriously, i'm glad no one is selling right now. Hold on to it, lets try and do something useful first!

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: