Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:25:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:13:47 AM

It is now clear for me that honesty is not the strong point of the IOTA team. At the start of the project, I have purchased iotas. And now, those iotas have disappeared just because I should have participated to your project, which has never been said in the initial agreement. The iota's team has stolen me money !!!!

Same here but it's technically not stealing, they just did not check if people balance disappeared. It's probably temporary though. I'm waiting for the next wallet release and hope to find my balance there.

The android iota dev has been trying to find my iotas for 2 days and I've been trying for the last 6 months. It's nowhere for some unknown reasons.

At this point we're down to pray the gods and make sacrifices.
bitrain

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:26:42 PM

yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven. DAG is the new toy - what would polo tell if their transaction will be lost for no reason? Reputation risk.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

████████████████████████ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ████████████████████████
█████████████ Getting lost in the sea of cryptocurrencies? Choose Playkey token! █████████████
Website | BitcoinTalk | Slack | Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Reddit | Telegram

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Tangleblog.com

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:28:07 PM

yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven.

is this sarcasm or blatant ignorance?
bitrain

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven.

Both  Wink. I adore IOTA but I don't trust tangle as much as trust the blockchain so far

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

████████████████████████ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ████████████████████████
█████████████ Getting lost in the sea of cryptocurrencies? Choose Playkey token! █████████████
Website | BitcoinTalk | Slack | Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Reddit | Telegram

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Tangleblog.com

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:00:28 PM

Both  Wink. I adore IOTA but I don't trust tangle as much as trust the blockchain so far

I'm always wondering why people are still cautious on rabbit-level after all those legit persons/companies/press participated somehow.
What do you think is going to happen?
It turns out that ALL people, I mean every single developer, professors, technicians, thinker, all foundation members and every single involved community person were wrong or what? lol...

let's see if this skepticism ages well. I remind you when the new version is running Smiley
luey

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:57:38 PM

Heard about this on slack.  Great way to even further expand the community!  I didn't catch where the funds were originating from.  I assumed it was through token slated for dev costs?

No, it actually comes from generous community members and members of the "ecosystem club".

They recognized the potential and acted accordingly.

That's exactly what good investors do!

Everything came from the community, there was no premine, not 1 Iota was allocated to the devs. The community donated close to 5% of total Iota supply to Foundation long after ICO. The core dev team bought all of there Iota during ICO.

Just to be more clear, this fund is not part of previous donations/funds, it's a totally different fund;

(1)The communities donated to the IOTA FOUNDATION
(2)The communities has donated to the "big deal" (still mostly behind the scenes)
(3)Now the communities has come together and created and funded the "ecosystem club" and it kind of work hand in hand with IOTA FOUNDATION funds as well.

Great job to everyone that has participated in those donations!
I am very grateful for our communities' willingness to think above themselves.
In the end, if we stick together, it will all pay back.

If I have missed some other efforts, please let me know.

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BRING SOMETHING TOWARDS IOTA. GO APPLY FOR FUNDING NOW @ https://iota.typeform.com/to/GrSuUE
https://twitter.com/iotatoken/status/860577012703952897

Akarabzie

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:38:21 PM

Is there a rich list of iota addresses?

No but if you're on slack you can get an idea on how much some of the traders hold.

https://ydx.slack.com/files/bookkeeper/F5924HS7J/balances

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
LordKitty

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:47:40 PM

Heard about this on slack.  Great way to even further expand the community!  I didn't catch where the funds were originating from.  I assumed it was through token slated for dev costs?

No, it actually comes from generous community members and members of the "ecosystem club".

Everything came from the community, there was no premine, not 1 Iota was allocated to the devs. The community donated close to 5% of total Iota supply to Foundation long after ICO. The core dev team bought all of there Iota during ICO.

Just to be more clear, this fund is not part of previous donations/funds, it's a totally different fund;

(2)The communities has donated to the "big deal" (still mostly behind the scenes)
(3)Now the communities has come together and created and funded the "ecosystem club" and it kind of work hand in hand with IOTA FOUNDATION funds as well.

Wow all from donations?  The community donated millions?
luey

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:00:07 PM

Wow all from donations?  The community donated millions?

Yes. All above mentioned are donated by communities efforts.

HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:22:18 PM

regarding the ongoing claiming process @http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml
how can I know that I have to claim my IOTAs. I have bought some several times.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:11:10 PM

regarding the ongoing claiming process @http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml

Do you see your iotas when you login to your wallet? If yes then you don't have to claim.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:50:34 AM

Do you see your iotas when you login to your wallet? If yes then you don't have to claim.
yes I can
patrickus

Activity: 2688
Merit: 879

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:37:16 AM

I have been explained that some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim". (it was my case by the way)

Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
If you did that in time, then you did successfully claim.

Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.

In my case, I have successfully claim but I don't know how to re-claim. I have been told to contact David (iotatoken). However I have not still received any response (it is the weekend)

However, if someone can help me to re-claim, that would be good.
John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

I have been explained that some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim". (it was my case by the way)
Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.

In my case, I have successfully claim but I don't know how to re-claim. I have been told to contact David (iotatoken). However I have not still received any response (it is the weekend)

you can learn how to do it here - http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 02:39:26 PM

It is now clear for me that honesty is not the strong point of the IOTA team. At the start of the project, I have purchased iotas. And now, those iotas have disappeared just because I should have participated to your project, which has never been said in the initial agreement. The iota's team has stolen me money !!!!

I had some issues earlier and was able to get my IOTA to appear again, there was a conversion that you needed to go through to convert your seed in a new client. I will say that they don't make it easy and there were lots of bumps along the way, but I did get my IOTA to show up again.  Get on the IOTA slack and someone will help you eventually, but you have to have a lot, and I mean a lot of patience with IOTA.  That being said, I wouldn't say they've stolen any crypto from anyone.  Oh, also if you purchased IOTA stakes in a token, you need to go through that person that you purchased a token from, (i.e. IOTAB, etc,)
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:49:35 PM

you can learn how to do it here - http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml

In his case it looks like David has to do it manually.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:23:05 PM

I will say that they don't make it easy and there were lots of bumps along the way, but I did get my IOTA to show up again.  Get on the IOTA slack and someone will help you eventually, but you have to have a lot, and I mean a lot of patience with IOTA.  That being said, I wouldn't say they've stolen any crypto from anyone. 

I want everyone to try to contemplate how IOTA would look if the number one priority was to help people who didn't bother to claim in time and do hands on daily tutoring rather than actually create the technology... It is *us* not *you* who has to have an insane amount of patience with people who didn't bother to follow the right procedures in the first 4 months and thus ended up costing us tens of hours of manual work that could've been much better spent on doing productive things.

patrickus

Activity: 2688
Merit: 879

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:15:44 PM

I will say that they don't make it easy and there were lots of bumps along the way, but I did get my IOTA to show up again.  Get on the IOTA slack and someone will help you eventually, but you have to have a lot, and I mean a lot of patience with IOTA.  That being said, I wouldn't say they've stolen any crypto from anyone. 

I want everyone to try to contemplate how IOTA would look if the number one priority was to help people who didn't bother to claim in time and do hands on daily tutoring rather than actually create the technology... It is *us* not *you* who has to have an insane amount of patience with people who didn't bother to follow the right procedures in the first 4 months and thus ended up costing us tens of hours of manual work that could've been much better spent on doing productive things.
ok I understand that but:

1) I was not aware of the need to convert the iotas again to a new address (re-claim). (There is no information letter)

2) This conversion process seems not easy to do (you write "tens of hours of manual work") I did not know that.

ok I apologize for having used the word dishonest to qualify the iota team.

What is the process to make this conversion ? Can I do it myself ?
GetYourShineBox

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

Can IOTA's that we have in our current wallet be SCAMMED with another foolish statement for example "upgrade your wallet now" (if new wallet were to come) or the money will be sent to the IOTA Foundation. Seeing the IOTA team anything is possible.

Are our IOTAs safe now? Or will there be another scammish attempts to steal our IOTA?

It is a such a disgrace that IOTA is such a scam knowing what a great project it is. I think this is just the top of the iceberg.

I just need a YES or NO. I don't need the dogs come barking around the corner and defending their master. Just a simple YES or NO if my IOTAs in current wallet is safe now forever or not. Can I hold them for several years without being in danger to be stolen?

How are we even discussing this matter? So ridiculous..
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:06:15 AM

Can IOTA's that we have in our current wallet be SCAMMED with another foolish statement for example "upgrade your wallet now" (if new wallet were to come) or the money will be sent to the IOTA Foundation. Seeing the IOTA team anything is possible.

Are our IOTAs safe now? Or will there be another scammish attempts to steal our IOTA?

It is a such a disgrace that IOTA is such a scam knowing what a great project it is. I think this is just the top of the iceberg.

I just need a YES or NO. I don't need the dogs come barking around the corner and defending their master. Just a simple YES or NO if my IOTAs in current wallet is safe now forever or not. Can I hold them for several years without being in danger to be stolen?

How are we even discussing this matter? So ridiculous..

Yes, even though very unlikely it was said on Slack that there could possibly be some other radical changes that will make it necessary to claim your tokens again. Anyway, if you keep an eye on the official news channels (which you should do with every investment you make), it will be anticipated and explained very clearly (if it ever happens of course).
Obvioulsy if one of the devs updates this statement or says something different, take their word for true.

Hard to answer with a simple and aseptic YES or NO, when your question is full of personal opinions in the first place.
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: