Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:32:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 [756] 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473127 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 04:12:26 PM

... , for the sake of decency and for the good of IOTA.

sure, like some anonymous Hund defines it  Cheesy

Hi Come-From-Beyond!

Still salty? Maybe it's time to make up with David, and go on with life.

umm ... I'd really hope that this is not CfB - not his style, he is too intelligent for such clumsy trolling 
ifinta

Activity: 734
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 07:00:11 PM

... , for the sake of decency and for the good of IOTA.

sure, like some anonymous Hund defines it  Cheesy

Hi Come-From-Beyond!

Still salty? Maybe it's time to make up with David, and go on with life.

umm ... I'd really hope that this is not CfB - not his style, he is too intelligent for such clumsy trolling 

Not CfB, but it isn't moderated, it means, the post above can't be trolling Cheesy

LAUDA!!!!!!! NEW PAGE!!!!! Cheesy

Another page, another warning.

Warning to all readers. This project is a known scam. Read more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5227016.0

Hund_cleanIOTA

Activity: 18
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2020, 11:33:32 AM

Circumstantial evidence points to Dominik Schiener, co-founder of the IOTA Foundation, being the criminal hacker known as Cystomatic aka. Alhalama.

Several pieces of evidence show the connection between the hacker Cystomatic (aka. Alhalama) and Dominik Schiener:
  • Cystomatic created a MySpace account with the name "Dominik Schiener".
  • Cystomatic announced a social media marketing project similar to Fileyy.com, Dominik Schiener's first startup.
  • Cystomatic announced plans to relocate his Affiliate Marketing business (Fileyy.com?) to Malta. As Dominik Schiener, Cystomatic is Italian, speaks German, is a precocious entrepreneur, is working on an Internet Marketing project and is fond of tax havens.
  • Cystomatic requests quote to create the logo for Fileyy.com. The winning logo was the same used by Fileyy.com and by Dominik Schiener in his LinkedIn page.

The following evidence shows that Cystomatic changed his name to Alhalama and, therefore, Cystomatic and Alhalama are the same person.
  • In the Hack Forums, Cystomatic says "Nice, tell me again how much of a marketer you are, and how long your crypter will stay FUD". Cystomatic later changes his username to "Alhalama". However, another user has already quoted Cystomatic's sentence and, as a result, the connection between both usernames is revealed.
  • Alhalama contact details are the same as Cystomatic's.

Crimes committed by Cystomatic aka. Alhalama include hacking and defacing websites, installing keyloggers, selling administration logins, selling site databases, and buying, using and selling remote access trojans.
  • Alhalama hacks 11 sites on 6 June 2011.
  • Alhalama defaces 2 sites on 12 June 2011.
  • Alhalama hacks 1 site on 13 June 2011.
  • Alhalama sells site admin logins and databases on 18 June 2011.
  • Alhalama celebrates his success using the Rapzo Keylogger on 21 June 2011.
  • Alhalama sells a Blackshades VPN and Blackshades RAT. Blackshades infects the victim's computer when the victim visits a malicious webpage (drive-by download). The FBI run operations in 2012 and 2014 to combat the use of Blackshades, which led to the arrest of near 100 people in 19 countries.

After starting IOTA, Dominik Schiener described his hacking experience:
"I started hacking computer games when I was 14 and then sold these modifications and earned a fair amount of income for my age and effort. With the money, I then tried to build an advertising platform"
"And so with that experience I started going on this quest, kind of hustling, like bring out what kind of product I should create to make money because at the time I really wanted to be independent. I wanted to make money so I don't rely on anyone".

The IOTA community and investors have the right to know this information. I have posted it in r/Iota and r/IOTAmarkets but the posts have been removed.

Sources:
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 01:05:20 PM

At first I thought you were indicating, that Dom was behind the Trinity Hack which happened some months ago Cheesy

After starting IOTA, Dominik Schiener described his hacking experience:
"I started hacking computer games when I was 14 and then sold these modifications and earned a fair amount of income for my age and effort. With the money, I then tried to build an advertising platform"

He was never hiding his hacker background and even talked a bit about it in a big german TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeHWXXWa--o

There are no english subtitles, but he basically says, that he - maybe among other things - hacked Call of Duty to become the #1 player in this game. He also sold these "opportunities" (as he calls it) to other players then. It's not a crime or illegal according to his point of view.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 654
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 02:28:37 PM

This garbage scam still going?  Roll Eyes Cheesy
Hund_cleanIOTA

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2020, 02:58:59 PM

He was never hiding his hacker background and even talked a bit about it in a big german TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeHWXXWa--o

There are no english subtitles, but he basically says, that he - maybe among other things - hacked Call of Duty to become the #1 player in this game. He also sold these "opportunities" (as he calls it) to other players then. It's not a crime or illegal according to his point of view.

This is simply not true. He did hide it.

Hacking computer games is not the same as Hacking and defacing websites, installing keyloggers, selling administration logins, selling site databases, and buying, using and selling remote access trojans.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 654
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 03:18:20 PM

Hacking computer games is not the same as Hacking and defacing websites, installing keyloggers, selling administration logins, selling site databases, and buying, using and selling remote access trojans.

Don't forget that he stole all the identification information from people trying to reclaim their lost IOTA.

2 years later and those same people are asking where their lost IOTA is and what happened with all the personal information they sent to this "hacker".
ifinta

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 03:39:32 PM

It will be every MIOTA 6 dollars!!!!! ((I read on the twitter!!!!!)) Maybe more? Or less? I am very curious!!!!

ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 05:22:13 PM

It will be every MIOTA 6 dollars!!!!! ((I read on the twitter!!!!!)) Maybe more? Or less? I am very curious!!!!
!RemindMe Sep 2021
ifinta

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 06:19:25 PM

Ahhh, a WARN. Please:

Another page, another warning.

Warning to all readers. This project is a known scam. Read more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5227016.0

cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 10:48:20 AM

are you sure I think soon it will never exists on the market again

redecision

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 09:47:18 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2020, 04:50:50 PM by redecision

I am a victim of the hack of february 2020 I have lost 35Gi. A terrible schock for me. Is there anything I can do ?

I have seen that David Sonstebo will refund the victims. What is the process for that ?
Hund_cleanIOTA

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2020, 09:32:27 PM

Don't forget that he stole all the identification information from people trying to reclaim their lost IOTA.

2 years later and those same people are asking where their lost IOTA is and what happened with all the personal information they sent to this "hacker".

For the sake of clarity:
  • "Unclaimed" are IOTA tokens which have never been claimed after the initial IOTA token sale.
  • "Non-reclaimed" are IOTA tokens which have not been reclaimed after protocol upgrades.

Questions:
  • 1. With "trying to reclaim" do you mean "unclaimed" or "non-reclaimed" IOTA tokens?
  • 2. How do you know that Dominik Schiener "stole" this personal information and didn't simply use it for the KYC process and destroy it afterwards?
  • 3. Where can I find information of people that completed the IOTA reclaim process ands still didn't receive their IOTA tokens?
ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 09:56:24 AM

I am a victim of the hack of february 2020 I have lost 35Gi. A terrible schock for me. Is there anything I can do ?

I have seen that David Sonstebo will refund the victims. What is the process for that ?
Join Discord. Ask in #help.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 10:09:15 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2020, 01:43:23 AM by estenity

Citation begins:

"Don't forget that he stole all the identification information from people trying to reclaim their lost IOTA.

[/quote]

For the sake of clarity:
  • "Unclaimed" are IOTA tokens which have never been claimed after the initial IOTA token sale.
  • "Non-reclaimed" are IOTA tokens which have not been reclaimed after protocol upgrades.

Questions:
  • 1. With "trying to reclaim" do you mean "unclaimed" or "non-reclaimed" IOTA tokens?
  • 2. How do you know that Dominik Schiener "stole" this personal information and didn't simply use it for the KYC process and destroy it afterwards?
  • 3. Where can I find information of people that completed the IOTA reclaim process ands still didn't receive their IOTA tokens?
[/quote]"
citation ends

every time you have to claim or reclaim something that you should have genuinely,
there is probably a scam behind.
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 03:32:38 PM

IOTA Hornet is now on AWS Marketplace.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B08CGPLSYZ

Running a node is pretty simple. Cool

Hund_cleanIOTA

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 09:19:14 AM
Merited by elma (1)

A new IOTA leak shows that David Sønstebø planned to sell his stake of iotas if he couldn't use the Board of Directors of the IOTA Foundation to make Jinn a success

Plans to sell

On 26 May 2018 Richard Soley joined the Supervisory Board of the IOTA Foundation. Three days later, on 29 March 2018, David Sønstebø said:

https://i.ibb.co/rZFhMFk/1.png

Three months later, on 8 August 2018, Ralf Rottmann, the first member of the Board of Directors who was not a co-founder, said:

We sometimes forget that the founders chose a *foundation* for a reason. That’s at least my impression. A foundation has no boss. No owner. No founder. No shareholders. All of these superiors roles deliberately cease to exist the moment you decide to do a foundation. For the simple reason to *avoid power grabs at all cost*. Because power grabs are almost always an indication for not being a charitable non-profit.

Shortly after, Ralf Rottmann resigned from his position.

On 13 September 2018 David Sønstebø said:

https://i.ibb.co/q0st6f5/2.png

On 6 December 2019 David Sønstebø asked Sergey Ivancheglo to not announce the fork before he could dump his tokens on the market at 0,60 cents:

https://i.ibb.co/c25w7Yh/6.png

On 4 February 2020, after David Sønstebø and Sergey Ivancheglo announced their breakup, David Sønstebø announced that Jinn was dead:

https://i.ibb.co/r0nzWSy/7.png

Remember what David Sønstebø said he would do if Jinn could not be a success:

Jinn will not sell millions upon millions of chips and become a household name, it will die. I will quit instantly as I am no longer able to carry out any mater plan.
With this our entire strategy for Jinn is gone. I will be selling most of my iotas at the next bull run.

Amount to sell

Apart from his personal stake, David Sønstebø owns 50% of an 86 Ti family-fund (43Ti):

https://i.ibb.co/jHw6dkQ/5.png

Through IOTA AS (aka. Jinn Labs) David Sønstebø also owns, or claims to own, non-reclaimed IOTA tokens (81 Ti):

https://i.ibb.co/wctsFd8/3.png

David Sønstebø also own payments from the IOTA Foundation to IOTA AS in exchange for IP assets (13.5 Ti).

https://i.ibb.co/0Q3sYBH/4.png

In other words, David Sønstebø owns, at least, 4,95% of the total supply of IOTA tokens. An amount much bigger than the 0.8% per founder he claimed in 2017.

Analysis

This new leak includes the first two screenshots in this post. Sergey Ivancheglo (aka. CfB, Come-from-Beyond) provided these screenshots to me in a private conversation on 24 June 2020 and gave his consent for publication.

On 16 July 2020, after I published the leak in Discord, David Sønstebø said in a poor attempt to control the damage that he remained committed to the IOTA vision (no mention to the Jinn vision):

Zero regrets. I much prefer to have a clean conscience and know that everyone that believed in me got a historical payoff. You can't put a price on liberty. I keep working on my IOTA vision out of passion and conviction, not money.

However, it is hard to believe him. Now that everybody knows that David Sønstebø's planned to sell his iotas if he couldn't make Jinn a success, that Jinn is dead indeed and that David's planned exit price is 0,60 cents, everybody will set their ask orders below "the Sønstebø resistance".

Once David gets tired of waiting for the pump (believers buying the Coordicide rumor), he will probably dump his stake and the IOTA "Community" will become a legion of Carlos Matos.

In the light of the above information, speculators should be extremely careful regarding iota tokens and buy the rumor and sell the news at their own peril.

*** THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE. I AM JUST DISSEMINATING SOME OF THE FINDINGS OF THE #cleanIOTA INVESTIGATION ***
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:39:52 PM

sounds really like a bad joke when you´ve heard Sønstebø´s official noble statements like "I´ve sold almost nothing", "here for the tech, not for the money", (overdrawn) "frozen pizza 4ever" etc., and then see his shady "behind the scenes"-palaver/behavior.

a friendly reminder to yourself, greedy scumbag:
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:55:12 PM

sounds really like a bad joke when you´ve heard Sønstebø´s official noble statements like "I´ve sold almost nothing", "here for the tech, not for the money", (overdrawn) "frozen pizza 4ever" etc., and then see his shady "behind the scenes"-palaver/behavior.

a friendly reminder to yourself, greedy scumbag:

HAHHAAHHAHAH

the shittyness of this coin/project nvr cease to amaze me

garbage actions.....and why the fuck do you think most ppl even "invest" money into a project...Huh
to see some fucking returns!!!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Hund_cleanIOTA

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 09:21:05 PM

That's true. David seems to have very different public and private discourses regarding his motivation. Here is a summary:

David Sønstebø in private: The money

On 29 March 2018 David Sønstebø said privately:

Well I see one reason: we lose total control of IOTA, all the work we've done, all the strategy I've had since day 1 will be lost in an instance [sic] as we no longer control the board. Jinn will not sell millions upon millions of chips and become a household name, it will die. I will quit instantly as I am no longer able to carry out any master plan. This has been our strategy since before we even started Jinn, but in order to carry it out the two of us MUST be on the same page and we MUST have the majority in the board.

I genuinely suggest reading up on the strategy of the roman generals both in the battlefield and in the senate

This is no game

On 13 September 2018 David Sønstebø said privately:

I will take this here rather than IF Slack

With this our entire strategy for Jinn is gone

I will be selling most of my iotas at the next bull run and then reconsider Jinn's purpose, as we no longer have a path to market

On 6 December 2019 David Sønstebø said privately:

I refuse to be fucked over by you suddenly announcing a fork and crashing all my value after you cashed out.

It will be a fork meaning 1) The market will crash

that’s a fork that affects my iotas and our Jinn iotas.

Oh, I can? So I should sell now, at 20 cents. Right that’s fair. Since you seem hellbent on not giving a fuck, the only fair road forward is then that you announce your fork post-Coordicide (and all the other major events upcoming in IOTA), when the price presumably goes high. We split Jinn funds and make a joint-announcement. I refuse to be fucked over anymore and have literally years of my life go to waste.

Nowhere close. In those 5 years I could easily have had much, much more (than $30 millions), even without IOTA; so **until the price of IOTA goes back to 60 cents fuck that**.

But don’t touch those iotas, don’t liquidate anything. Remember the goal here is to boost their value and there are some major, major things going on right now that will assist in that

David Sønstebø in public: The vision

On 4 February 2020 David Sønstebø said publicly:

Fuck sake, me and Dom (and others in IF and the community) live this shit. We could just cash out years ago, be multimillionaires and chill in some extravagant mansion at some tropical seashore somewhere posting stupid instagram photos with lavish toys and scantily clad women. All with a clean conscience knowing we made everyone who believed in us millionaires. Instead we are exhausting ourselves in front of computers to make our vision a reality.

On 3 July 2020 David Sønstebø said publicly:

One of the things that you learn coming into this distributed crypto space is that a lot of the people are essentially just out for money. They’re not out for the technology. They’re not out for the ethos, or vision or whatever you want to call it. And if you trust those people, you will get burned.

On 16 July 2020 David Sønstebø said:

Zero regrets. I much prefer to have a clean conscience and know that everyone that believed in me got a historical payoff. You can't put a price on liberty. I keep working on my IOTA vision out of passion and conviction, not money.

I will look for the ones you mention ("I´ve sold almost nothing", "here for the tech, not for the money", "frozen pizza 4ever) to add them.
Pages: « 1 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 [756] 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: