Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:57:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2021, 01:46:51 AM
Merited by tyz (3)

IOTA Newsletter #30 - A new dawn, IOTA Oracles, Digital Assets, Project Alvarium with Dell and Intel and more

IOTA - A new dawn

The launch of the first IOTA mainnet in June 2016 was the start of our journey to revolutionize Blockchain. Being a pioneer in a nascent, fast-paced industry means that you get some things right, while others have to be discarded. "Fail fast, fail early and fail often" they say. We did, and we have learned from our failures, and have become a stronger, more mature organization and ecosystem as a result. The "new dawn" of IOTA starts here.

Read more

Introducing IOTA Oracles

Oracles are an exciting frontier in the world of distributed ledger technology. They are designed to securely bridge between the digital and the physical world in a decentralized, permissionless way. As IOTA expands, it’s important that the proper tooling is available to support organizations and engineers looking to bring the machine economy to life.

Read more

Together IOTA and Dell Technologies Demonstrate Project Alvarium

IOTA Foundation and Dell Technologies introduce a world-first demonstration that measures the trustworthiness of data.

Read more

Recent news

We released a new version of our Pollen testnet: v0.4.0.

Read more

We’re pleased to share the latest news from the IOTA Research department.

Read more

Published by the IOTA Dev team every month, this update will provide you with news and updates about our key projects!

Read more

In case you missed it…

Read more

Read more

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atlas21

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 09:24:07 PM

Everyone owning iotas should consider possibility of transfering them to an exchange.

wow, come-from-beyond, back in the thread after two years?
welcome, or is your account hacked?
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 07:22:13 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2021, 09:35:53 AM by Termie

watch out, CfB is no more #hereforthetech
rather bc of his personal vendetta against Sønstebø and to wring the maximum cash out of Iota for himself.
his former 'crypto-genius'-reputation is pretty rekt meanwhile, he should better rename to 'Crawl-from-Below' or so.
last but not least, also consider the warning field on the top of this thread.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 03:27:10 PM

BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 02:08:47 PM

rather bc of his personal vendetta against Sønstebø and to wring the maximum cash out of Iota for himself.
his former 'crypto-genius'-reputation is pretty rekt meanwhile, he should better rename to 'Crawl-from-Below' or so.

rather pathetic of him to seek to destroy his own creation just for the sake of petty revenge, only because things did not exactly go his way:

IOTA is a gargantuan success and can become almost everything that was initally projected (and maybe even more), only his one pet project with the trits and the ternary processor did not get the priority he wanted, and so he wants to smash it all up so that noone else can have his toy either...
rudni

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 02:45:49 PM

The Chrysalis Attack-a-thon
https://blog.iota.org/the-chrysalis-attack-a-thon/
rudni

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 03:04:48 PM

rather pathetic of him to seek to destroy his own creation just for the sake of petty revenge, only because things did not exactly go his way:

IOTA is a gargantuan success and can become almost everything that was initally projected (and maybe even more), only his one pet project with the trits and the ternary processor did not get the priority he wanted, and so he wants to smash it all up so that noone else can have his toy either...

The way you describe the situation sounds like he is just a little childish, but actually cfb suffers from severe narcissistic personality disorder that does not allow him to deal with events the way we do. Anyway, the foundation is no longer using his code and has matured a lot since he left. So there is no reason to pay attention to him anymore.

rudni

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 06:42:01 AM
Merited by tyz (1)

IOTA in talks with US partners, including government on vaccination passport
https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/iota-in-talks-with-us-partners-including-government-on-vaccination-passport/
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 05:10:35 PM

please
comeon

There were like 3 hundred partnerships posts throughout this thread. maybe thousand. All scam and fake.  Huh

Dont try to put lipstick on already dead pig. It won't fly anymore.
Basti773

Activity: 606
Merit: 211

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 05:33:24 PM

please
comeon

There were like 3 hundred partnerships posts throughout this thread. maybe thousand. All scam and fake.  Huh

Dont try to put lipstick on already dead pig. It won't fly anymore.
Please check the price in a few weeks and wonder how high the dead pig can fly  Grin
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 06:20:16 PM

ok maybe it will be flown on some scam pump, thats likely. but it won't rise because of its quality  Wink
rudni

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 09:15:27 PM

IOTA still wants to build a better blockchain, and get it right this time

https://www.zdnet.com/article/iota-still-wants-to-build-a-better-blockchain-and-get-it-right-this-time/
monkeyshaman

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 06:53:32 PM

Hey CFB, care to explain why you said users should move iota onto the exchanges? 
rudni

View Profile
March 29, 2021, 12:37:38 PM

Wrapped IOTA is now available on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/wrapped-iota-is-now-available-on-bsc-as-community-member-announces-pancakeswap-like-dex/
OnurGalatasaray

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 09:37:30 AM

Merhaba!
IOTA has been moving very fast recently and every time we can see progress! It will be exciting times when IOTA will get more attention and show potential of work built. It's right time to attract new customers.
Iota-Disciple

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:23:03 PM

https://jamie-hicks.medium.com/iota-the-elephant-in-the-room-ae6566f394d2

The story of IOTA is fraught with both drama and exceptionality. IOTA dared to envision the true potential of Distributed Ledger Technology and pursue the vision through all adversity.
Even after a 95% market cap decrease and the removal of two founders from the board of directors, IOTA is stronger than ever.
In fact, many in the community believe it would be make for a great movie one day.
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:29:09 PM

ok maybe it will be flown on some scam pump, thats likely. but it won't rise because of its quality  Wink

Can you please discuss where you see the bad quality? In the past IOTA did many wrong decisions.
But at the end of this Month, the IOTA Network will be stronger than ever before. IOTA has earned a second look Wink
ifinta

Activity: 732
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 07:37:23 PM

Just to remember to this post. Check my signature...

I see a similarity between Tangle and the human race (or mostly animal or living species): every child has a father and a mother. In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction. Or?

I think, later we need Darwin really to analyze the Tangle - how was "new species" born.
"new species" = many many new economical communities, they don't wish to mix with others, because i.e. they has already conflict of interest with other economies on the Tangle......
Are you wish a such economical environment later for our human race? Smiley

Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 08:19:44 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2021, 09:47:09 AM by Iota-Disciple
Merited by tyz (3)

I see a similarity between Tangle and the human race (or mostly animal or living species): every child has a father and a mother. In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction. Or?

https://i.imgur.com/em13wp6.png

I think, later we need Darwin really to analyze the Tangle - how was "new species" born.
"new species" = many many new economical communities, they don't wish to mix with others, because i.e. they has already conflict of interest with other economies on the Tangle......

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Edward_Hitchcock_Paleontological_Chart.jpg
Do you really compare Darwin with the a DAG. Sounds like a little bit awkward.
In the current IOTA implementation, nodes only trust (value) transactions referenced and approved by milestones issued by the coordinator.
Similar to Bitcoin, where checkpoints were used until 16.06.2014, the use of this centralized "finality device" is currently still necessary to ensure the security of the network, which is in its infancy.
Maybe you should aware of the fact, that until end this year the concept "In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction" will be gone. So, no more Darwin...Wink
At this Point, consensus, will be defined by, (FPC) "Fast Probalistic Consensus".

What is FPC?

In fancy terms, the FPC is a leaderless probabilistic binary consensus protocol of low communicative complexity that is robust in a Byzantine infrastructure.
Let us see what all these terms really mean, and first introduce a lighter version of FPC that is easy to implement and contains most of the important features.
We assume that there are n nodes indexed 1,2,..., n in the network . Each node i has an opinion or state. We denote s_i (t) for the opinion of node i at time t. Opinions take value in {0,1} ; for this reason we speak of a binary consensus.

The basic idea is majority voting. In each round, each node queries k random nodes and sets its opinion to the majority of the queried nodes. It's that simple! However, this simple majority voting proves vulnerable to faulty nodes and malicious attackers. It needs an additional ingredient, in fact an additional randomness, to make it robust.

More precisely, at each step, each node selects k random nodes C_i , queries their opinions, and computes the median opinion:

ifinta

Activity: 732
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 02:32:52 PM

Do you really compare Darwin with the a DAG. Sounds like a little bit awkward.
In the current IOTA implementation, nodes only trust (value) transactions referenced and approved by milestones issued by the coordinator.
Similar to Bitcoin, where checkpoints were used until 16.06.2014, the use of this centralized "finality device" is currently still necessary to ensure the security of the network, which is in its infancy.
Maybe you should aware of the fact, that until end this year the concept "In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction" will be gone. So, no more Darwin...Wink
At this Point, consensus, will be defined by, (FPC) "Fast Probalistic Consensus".

What is FPC?

In fancy terms, the FPC is a leaderless probabilistic binary consensus protocol of low communicative complexity that is robust in a Byzantine infrastructure.
Let us see what all these terms really mean, and first introduce a lighter version of FPC that is easy to implement and contains most of the important features.
We assume that there are n nodes indexed 1,2,..., n in the network . Each node i has an opinion or state. We denote s_i (t) for the opinion of node i at time t. Opinions take value in {0,1} ; for this reason we speak of a binary consensus.

The basic idea is majority voting. In each round, each node queries k random nodes and sets its opinion to the majority of the queried nodes. It's that simple! However, this simple majority voting proves vulnerable to faulty nodes and malicious attackers. It needs an additional ingredient, in fact an additional randomness, to make it robust.

More precisely, at each step, each node selects k random nodes C_i , queries their opinions, and computes the median opinion:

I compare IOTA to Darwin - the LIFE working since some years on our globe... >;DO=
I think in my post, the TANGLE will be forked later, and it will have always a leader (!!!!!) in this leaderless consensus protocol ... as in the LIFE we taste it.

Just some question.

1.) Are this algo' solved already an attack with small transactions? i.e. if some hundred, thousand nodes producing only 1 IOTA (!!!) for random addresses, and later try it to use again?
It was a question of me targeted CfB (sorry BCNext on reddit, but he / she dleted that acc after the conversation ... ... ...) on early 2017 ... in IOTA AMA ... I asked some "anything", sure.

One "anything" of me was solved - MAYBE - with FPC (( but with maybe a leader specie later through a kind of an EVOLUTION of the LIFE of all FORKs of TANGLE's >:DO= )) but I asked this possible and simple attack also.
And:

2.) How long will run this testnet of IOTA, and from which time can we ((the original investors of the IOTA project)) calculate with a start of the well tested REALNET with our original stake? Just to KNOW >;DO=

Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: