Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BIG EVENT] BITCOIN IS NOW A LEGAL PAYMENT METHOD AND A CURRENCY IN THE EU !!!!!  (Read 2432 times)
microchoveur (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:12:45 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 01:45:38 PM by microchoveur

There is the post guys, make sure it goes to reddit frontpage so everyone in the world will know bitcoin is now an official currency in the european fucking union !

For those wondering about the importance of this event, well... European Union is simply the biggest economy in the entire world. cf : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

V I C T O R Y

TL;TR Well dudes, it means that the EUJC (European Union Justice Court) decided that the transfer from EUR to BTC is tax exempt...
BECAUSE THEY OFFICIALLY CONSIDER BITCOIN AS A F-C-K-I-N-G
CURRENCY

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:35:06 PM

Really nice by EU to not ruin everyone's savings with ridiculous taxes. I wonder how they will actually tax the stuff tho. I still don't know how to do it. Do you tax your stack of BTC and pay %increment in your total wealth, your BTC total, or you need to put every single trade you ever did? (I think Americans have to do this which is insanely annoying). Im not an economist and usually hand my taxes to my brother which knows how this stuff works, but I asked about Bitcoin and he didn't know what it is.
WealthyBastard

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:51:12 PM

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I KNEW IT I FUCKING KNEW IT YES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

WE FUCKING WIN

https://media.giphy.com/media/GvLbiVQfYDCtW/giphy.gif
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:32:29 AM

Really nice by EU to not ruin everyone's savings with ridiculous taxes. I wonder how they will actually tax the stuff tho. I still don't know how to do it. Do you tax your stack of BTC and pay %increment in your total wealth, your BTC total, or you need to put every single trade you ever did? (I think Americans have to do this which is insanely annoying). Im not an economist and usually hand my taxes to my brother which knows how this stuff works, but I asked about Bitcoin and he didn't know what it is.

there is still taxes on capital gain, this is only for vat, and i'm sure you must declare if you run a serious mining activity in euro, but i presume none is running one that is big enough
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:15:02 PM

there is still taxes on capital gain, this is only for vat, and i'm sure you must declare if you run a serious mining activity in euro, but i presume none is running one that is big enough

Well, who cares about the tax free story when there is a currency recognition behind
microchoveur (OP)

Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:25:52 PM

Wake guys, what the hell on this forum is happening, it seems people don't give a single fuck !

It's not like all these times when you come on this forum and see hundreds of dudes telling you the news of the year everyday, nah.

Today, it is really something, not like all these shit events with 0 real meaning used to create insane hype and madness bubble, nah.

THIS

IS

THE

BIGGEST

BITCOIN

EVENT

SINCE

FEW

YEARS

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:14:58 PM

Yeah this news is a really big deal. This is truly huge, prob some of the best news we have had all year relating to Bitcoin in my opinion. I suspect it might take some time for the gravity of this to truly sink in. I also suspect that many of us have grown somewhat desensitized from all of the good news and have started to adopt the thinking that good news is paradoxically linked to a price drop. I am hoping that this news will break that trend.
RandomBTCinvestor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:20:52 PM

Yeah this news is a really big deal. This is truly huge, prob some of the best news we have had all year relating to Bitcoin in my opinion. I suspect it might take some time for the gravity of this to truly sink in. I also suspect that many of us have grown somewhat desensitized from all of the good news and have started to adopt the thinking that good news is paradoxically linked to a price drop. I am hoping that this news will break that trend.

Exactly what I thought, that's pretty sad in my opinion.

Reddit is in the same case, biggest upvoted post on /r bitcoin are some gif, funny images and unrevelant news. But when the time come for something real, nobody reacts, they're all like "yeah that's cool".

Nah guys, it's not "just cool", this is the biggest victory Bitcoin had since its creation.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:24:08 PM

well im into portugal soo this better be real news im going to have btc more thanks
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:25:13 PM

One step closer to people taking it seriously and reaching the massive, this indeed is fantastic news!
Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:52:43 PM

For those wondering about the importance of this event, well... European Union is simply the biggest economy in the entire world. cf : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:54:37 PM

Yeah but what if the Bitcoins you made off a sig campaign are worth 1 million dollars in 10 years and you didn't report a single coin to the IRS (or somewhere else if you are from Europe.. whatever equivalent there's on your country for the taxing agency)

Can you run into problems, or you will just get taxed on that million dollar, or whatever amount it is once you decide to tell them you own BTC? It's very confusing.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:58:45 PM

The only way for bitcoin is up from now on. It's just a matter of time when bitcoin eats up current fiats.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:00:29 PM

That's why we shouldn't just let this pass on for a day. Also, since Sweden is trying to be the first cashless society in the world, they could implement or use bitcoins side by side with their cards. If othera follow suit, I do not expect a boom in price but rather:

1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:13:44 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 12:47:35 PM by HeroCat

The court judge regarding tax payment only. You can check here http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=170305&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=1003453  Cheesy
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

Bitcoin is not a legal payment in EU. The court judge regarding tax payment only. You can check here http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=170305&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=1003453  Cheesy

In what part of the document states that it is an illegal form of payment?

I couldn't see it anywhere.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:13:23 PM

Bitcoin is not a legal payment in EU. The court judge regarding tax payment only. You can check here http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=170305&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=1003453  Cheesy

it's just not regualted, you can use, it, and maybe there are not tax for it, because they don't know how to qualify it yet

so aside from vat-free for now bitcoin is partially tax-free in EU
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

That's really awesome news..we see that our support for Bitcoin currency have finally good results, and we are happy that Bitcoin become finally legal currency and legal payment method in The EU, the EU isn't small country (respecting every country) it's already the greatest economical community worldwide, so we are really happy to hear this good news
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 03:50:24 PM

Sorry to rain on everybody's parade but bitcoin is not legal tender, yet. It was just placed in the same category as other currencies in terms of VAT.

They did not say that bitcoin was 'legal tender'. If that was the case you can demand to pay for anything and everything in bitcoin within the EU which is not the case, yet.

This is how I understood their statement.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:50:51 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 04:11:19 PM by teddy5145

This is probably the best christmas gift i've received this year Grin
First we take the EU then we take america and then the rest of the world  Roll Eyes
Guys, prepare the rockets, we are going to the moon Pluto Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: