Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 06:20:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] (possibly) Casascius Void Coin  (Read 4872 times)
Eodguy149 (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:19:58 AM

What happened to Eod's VOID coin offer...... GONE!!!

Too many variables still up in the air. My post was a little premature.  Wink

Perhaps a general question for the time being: What is everyone's opinion on what these are worth?

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 12:38:18 AM

What happened to Eod's VOID coin offer...... GONE!!!

Too many variables still up in the air. My post was a little premature.  Wink

Perhaps a general question for the time being: What is everyone's opinion on what these are worth?

I would have guessed lower than minerjones, but it is hard to say as I have never seen one for sale.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:01:46 AM

I would pay 3B but I would value it around 4-6B.   It really depends how many were made or still exist.  Personally the .5B Brass is my least favorite Cas coin, so from that aesthetic standpoint, it doesn't appeal to me like a 1B Silver or similar Cas coin would.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:03:42 AM

And how many were just thrown in the trash or given to a person's kid as a "novelty"??

I bet most of them, especially if given to a reporter who didn't have much interest in Bitcoin.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:28:01 AM

And how many were just thrown in the trash or given to a person's kid as a "novelty"??

I bet most of them, especially if given to a reporter who didn't have much interest in Bitcoin.

Obviously Mike will have to confirm as we will never know for sure without his input but I have been knocking down doors left and right for over two weeks and found less than a handful.

My opinion is that there were less than 15-20 (most likely closer to 10 but I am leaving a margin of error) ever made and that the ones actually kept and taken care of are well within the lower single digits.

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:06:15 AM

I am fairly certain I can get two Void Coins for any individuals interested. I have spent approximately 60-70 hours researching, cold calling, and emailing anyone that might possibly have any relation to these rare coins and have only been able to find three total. One I am keeping for myself. I am fairly confident that these are the only two that will be available in the foreseeable future judging by how difficult they have been to track down and I can't imagine another avenue anyone could try that I have not to find these.

The price for one is 10BTC, reservations are on a first come first serve basis. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks  Smiley

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 10:41:01 AM

I am fairly certain I can get two Void Coins for any individuals interested. I have spent approximately 60-70 hours researching, cold calling, and emailing anyone that might possibly have any relation to these rare coins and have only been able to find three total. One I am keeping for myself. I am fairly confident that these are the only two that will be available in the foreseeable future judging by how difficult they have been to track down and I can't imagine another avenue anyone could try that I have not to find these.

The price for one is 10BTC, reservations are on a first come first serve basis. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks  Smiley

I admire your enthusiasm for Casascius.
True collector right there!

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:44:07 PM

I admire your enthusiasm for Casascius.
True collector right there!

Haha thanks Took, this has definitely turned out to be a more involved project than I expected it to be!  Grin

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:41:07 AM

I might have a seller willing to let one of these go (ungraded) for 7.5BTC. Figured I'd post and see if there's any interest. The seller will be including some pretty cool provenance with it as well. Message me for more info and hopefully pictures in a day or so.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: