Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rumors of 3.5Th antminer S7 "lite"  (Read 8641 times)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 07:34:24 PM

Honestly I believe it as it would push a lot of chips and units and it is something the home miners want, would love to see this and the avalon release (and possibly the bw miner), going to be a great generation!

This assertion seems reasonable.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:31:31 AM

BM1385 relay comms from one chip to the next so leaving out a single chip would disable every chip downstream from it - which in a string configuration means current ceases to flow in the circuit so even the first chips which are getting work data are starved for power and do not work.

Should be a way for Bitmain to bypass 1 or 2 chips on the circuit board per string, might need a small amount of glue logic in addition to required jumpers at worst, so they can run a couple chips less per string, run 2 boards instead of 3, and get 3.5TH out of the existing board design.

Or they could just aim at 3.2 TH with 2 of the existing boards.

I suspect the November 10 date is related to when Avalon plans to release the 6 - perhaps Bitmain feels the need to preempt upcomming competiton?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:20:56 PM

I will stick with my original and the most obvious thought that they go from 3 boards to 2. No new design or testing needed, parts are common across all S7 variants and a significant cost reduction.

The only "problem" with this was that the maths did not add up to 3.5TH unless you clocked at 650MHz, at which point V Core would be a bit low and given the problems they seem to have had at 600MHz seemed unlikely.

So my best current guess is that the 3.5TH rumour is slightly off and that it will be a 2 Board 3.1TH - 3.2TH S7 lite.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:32:11 PM

I guess we will have to wait and see  Grin
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:12:54 PM

I will stick with my original and the most obvious thought that they go from 3 boards to 2. No new design or testing needed, parts are common across all S7 variants and a significant cost reduction.

The only "problem" with this was that the maths did not add up to 3.5TH unless you clocked at 650MHz which given the problems they seem to have had at 600MHz seemed unlikely.

So my best current guess is that the 3.5TH rumour is slightly off and that it will be a 2 Board 3.1TH - 3.2TH S7 lite.

Rich
I would be totally fine with that, especially at a good price!

Me too. the S7 is just out of reach for me so something a touch smaller would be perfect
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:22:04 PM

The only "problem" with this was that the maths did not add up to 3.5TH unless you clocked at 650MHz which given the problems they seem to have had at 600MHz seemed unlikely.

Rich

Me too. the S7 is just out of reach for me so something a touch smaller would be perfect

I'm not worried about the size.  But if they can make one out of 2 blades for cheaper and make it better price per hash... i will be a fan.

I want as much hash as I can get for my money.   Guess we see what we really get.  It is interesting all this happened after kinda leak of avalon 6.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:23:04 AM

Rich

still too big for my taste, it's only 1/4 less bigger, they should aim for 1/2 at least

for those that can't run a big miner in their home, and want to do only occasional mining activity
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:46:06 AM

If the price was right I think it's a great size. If you compare with 2 x S5 that I run at the moment, you can go from 2.3GH/s for 1180W to 3.5GH/s for 850W in half the space. You can't ask better than that.  Smiley

Although I guess they could do a single board one, perhaps integrate the PSU where the second board is and have 1.6GH/s for 425W?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:36:16 AM

still too big for my taste, it's only 1/4 less bigger, they should aim for 1/2 at least

for those that can't run a big miner in their home, and want to do only occasional mining activity

Doubt there's much profit available for them in a single hash board miner. Still gotta have a frame, controller, and fan - and that would make it very difficult to impossible for them to keep the price/TH competative.

It would actually be 1/3'd less presuming the "2 hash board of current design instead of 3" concept is what they pick.

"integrate the PSU" is not a good idea, way too many variations on size for PS used to power miners.

I suspect folks wanting a "small" miner are going to have to wait for whatever comes out of the Gekkoscience projects - and hopefully SOMEONE will start being willing to sell them chips on a reasonable basis soon in current-gen chips.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

Doubt there's much profit available for them in a single hash board miner. Still gotta have a frame, controller, and fan - and that would make it very difficult to impossible for them to keep the price/TH competative.

It would actually be 1/3'd less presuming the "2 hash board of current design instead of 3" concept is what they pick.

"integrate the PSU" is not a good idea, way too many variations on size for PS used to power miners.

I suspect folks wanting a "small" miner are going to have to wait for whatever comes out of the Gekkoscience projects - and hopefully SOMEONE will start being willing to sell them chips on a reasonable basis soon in current-gen chips.
Intergrated psu is a terrible idea and yeah hopefully Gekkoscience gets this gen chips soon and we will see some neat projects from him but it does look like home miners are about to hit the scene.

Depends on price of it I think.  Some hated it but I always had good luck with S4's. I loved that it was all in one.   Just the ease of use to be sit it up with no plugging in or doing really anything is nice.

But I agree like on my S5+ where it was a heck of a lot of PCIe cords it's nice that I could pick out the PSU's.   Makes it pretty nice on that miner.
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:18:50 PM

I would prefer a smaller perhaps 1/3 version of the S7 see Should Bitmain make a Q7? .  But a 2/3rds version S7 is progress.  Grin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:01:22 PM

Ooooh this would be awesome!!!!

$1000 might still be out of the price range :S, Sad, but who knows maybe not when I get bonous.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

$1000 might still be out of the price range :S, Sad, but who knows maybe not when I get bonous.
I hope it is at 1000$ and not more, I would be pretty psyched about that.

If the S6 number of $1300 for 3.65 TH is correct, $1000 likely won't be in the cards. Unless of course Bitmain has "too many S7" sitting around (highly unlikely IMHO).
dog1965

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:09:29 PM

You sound like a philosopher stop waffling.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

If the S6 number of $1300 for 3.65 TH is correct, $1000 likely won't be in the cards. Unless of course Bitmain has "too many S7" sitting around (highly unlikely IMHO).
Hmm, well avalon 6 is more or less releasing on the 10th of November with that exact price, maybe Bitmain will try to undercut them.

the quoted price is from the reseller, which tends to be higher, besides, avalon always tried to maintain a premium-see 4.1 prices.
we shall see.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:20:02 PM

Hmm, well avalon 6 is more or less releasing on the 10th of November with that exact price, maybe Bitmain will try to undercut them.

the quoted price is from the reseller, which tends to be higher, besides, avalon always tried to maintain a premium-see 4.1 prices.
we shall see.
So we should expect the S7 lite lower in price than the avalon which is 3.65th/s for 1300$.

I would hope so, and I also have hopes for a nice coupon for those who ordered b2/b3 late (say, after 10/15) IF they would decrease per Th price substantially for S7 lite.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:52:02 PM

we shall see.
So we should expect the S7 lite lower in price than the avalon which is 3.65th/s for 1300$.

I would hope so, and I also have hopes for a nice coupon for those who ordered b2/b3 late (say, after 10/15) IF they would decrease per Th price substantially for S7 lite.
I have never bought a miner directly from Bitmain but if there are coupons and the price is decent this looks like it will probably be my first.

Very little chance of coupon.  I don't see them changing on it.  The B1 compensation was pretty crappy, they did not sound like coupons would come.

So best chance is price is good on coins and they don't jack up price.  And then you can order.  But coupon don't count on.
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

Did you actually receive B1 compensation?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:10:21 PM

we shall see.

I have never bought a miner directly from Bitmain but if there are coupons and the price is decent this looks like it will probably be my first.

Very little chance of coupon.  I don't see them changing on it.  The B1 compensation was pretty crappy, they did not sound like coupons would come.

So best chance is price is good on coins and they don't jack up price.  And then you can order.  But coupon don't count on.
S3 -S5 shipping was around 50$ to US via DHL wasn't it? I am not sure how expensive the S5+ or S7 have been, hopefully it will be still 50$ max on shipping to US.

I paid: 0.662  BTC for S5+ and 3 PSU's.  But the psu's were sent at a lower weight then actual was..... so I had to pay UPS more as bitmain shipped at lower declared weight.  It was not horrible though like 15 more dollars or something.

Worst miner I have had was Dragon 1.5T..... that thing is truly a tank.  It was around 50 pounds or so, so quite rediclous.  I can't remember what I paid on it I shopped all around to save buyer money and found a decent price us to us in 5-7 days I think it was on some carrier.   Like 3 day's on it was like 150-200 or something so was insane.

Not sure on DHL they are worst one for me as I live at edge of the drivers route... causes many problems.
dog1965

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:59:47 AM

Does anybody know when the S7 Lite or scaled down S7 suppose to come out ? or in fact more S7's

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: