Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Bitcoins please help  (Read 3261 times)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 03:25:41 AM

Okay so I used listreceivedbyaddress 0 true and that kicked back an address that I successfully used with dumpprivkey to get my private key. I now have one private key and my password but don't know what to do from here. I have tried to import the private key to a separate wallet on blockchain.info but that has not changed my balance. I did not have to input the password that I encrypted the account with. Is there a chance that this is the wrong private key?
If your wallet was encrypted, you need to use walletpassphrase before dumping the keys, the instructions are earlier in the thread.

Check the balance of that address on blocktrail.com (blockchain.info has been buggy and stupid recently).

Try importing the address (and any other that you have) to Electrum. Download and install electrum from https://electrum.org/#download and create a new wallet. Make sure you select the option to import keys and then just copy and paste all of your keys into the text box. Follow all of the instructions and you should be able to see your balance and spend from it.

TheRayven

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:56:38 AM

Ok so ran walletpassphrase and it kicked back:

Error: running with an unencrypted wallet, but walletpassphrase was called. (code -15)

This wallet was absolutely encrypted. I know I tried downloading the newer version of the bitcoin client since this one would not start up, is there a chance the new client replaced the wallet with an empty and unencrypted wallet?

Still looking for a backup on an external drive around the house.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:05:40 AM

Ok so ran walletpassphrase and it kicked back:

Error: running with an unencrypted wallet, but walletpassphrase was called. (code -15)

This wallet was absolutely encrypted. I know I tried downloading the newer version of the bitcoin client since this one would not start up, is there a chance the new client replaced the wallet with an empty and unencrypted wallet?

Still looking for a backup on an external drive around the house.
It is possible, but if you did not run that version, then it shouldn't have done anything to the wallet. Check for a backup. Also make sure that the wallet file is the same one as the one I told you to backup earlier.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 06:57:43 AM

I suspect its a different wallet file. Do you maybe have an older backup somewhere else, e.g. on an USB stick? That way you know for sure its the wallet you used and not a different one bitcoin core created while you moved the data around.

About dumpwallet not working on Mac. I suspect (cant test, because I cant get a Mac VM :C) that its just a pathing issue. If you have to give a full path it would look quite different on a Mac than on Windows.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
idyu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

This made me scared i will make now serval copys on different harddisk to avoid the same situation as op

I hpe you will find your wallet.dat back very soon
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: