Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrodollar to be substituted with goldbarrel?  (Read 1897 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:27:10 PM

Oil is finished after 100+ years of being the main agenda. Just like paper and silver and so many other "essential commodities" for enterprise, this is gong to take a while. Any portfolio should be based on Bitcoin and metals and tend to gravitate more and more towards these two as time goes on. Personally im going to start selling stocks and go on BTC and metals gradually over this decade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 02:51:05 PM

Oil is finished after 100+ years of being the main agenda. Just like paper and silver and so many other "essential commodities" for enterprise, this is gong to take a while. Any portfolio should be based on Bitcoin and metals and tend to gravitate more and more towards these two as time goes on. Personally im going to start selling stocks and go on BTC and metals gradually over this decade.

What are you going to use as a substitute for it, I'm sorry? GLTY with Bitcoin...

EastKing

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:32:11 PM

What are you going to use as a substitute for it, I'm sorry? GLTY with Bitcoin...

The substitutive energy for fuel would be hydrogen, and battery which is charged with renewable energy.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 06:19:17 PM

The substitutive energy for fuel would be hydrogen, and battery which is charged with renewable energy.

Hydrogen has been around for hundred years already, but I don't see many power stations using it a source of power. In fact, I have only heard about ITER, an experimental reactor, yet to be built. So, I suspect, the funeral of oil is a bit premature...

As I said above, until we have major break-throughs (which we don't, and may not have for another 100 years), oil is safe from dying out 

EastKing

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:20:39 PM

Hydrogen has been around for hundred years already, but I don't see many power stations using it a source of power. In fact, I have only heard about ITER, an experimental reactor, yet to be built. So, I suspect, the funeral of oil is a bit premature...

As I said above, until we have major break-throughs (which we don't, and may not have for another 100 years), oil is safe from dying out 

Sorry, I mean the hydrogen used as a fuel for car and other vehicles. We may use fuel cell to consume hydrogen in cars. Hydrogen can be created by renewable energy.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 10:00:41 PM

Sorry, I mean the hydrogen used as a fuel for car and other vehicles. We may use fuel cell to consume hydrogen in cars. Hydrogen can be created by renewable energy.

This technology is not viable yet, both technically and economically. Then again, unlike oil, hydrogen is not readily available (mildly speaking), and you would need a lot of energy to extract it from somewhere (say, from water by electrolysis)...

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:56:12 PM

Bitcoin in my wallet, electricity for my car, and some gold i'll keep around too for the good ol times sakes, but oil will eventally be deprecated. We will likely see very few oil based/consuming autos on our streets in the next 20 years. Battery technology has advanced as has wind and solar tech. Oil will rally from time to time but the game is over. The End
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 07:09:09 PM

Bitcoin in my wallet, electricity for my car, and some gold i'll keep around too for the good ol times sakes, but oil will eventally be deprecated. We will likely see very few oil based/consuming autos on our streets in the next 20 years. Battery technology has advanced as has wind and solar tech. Oil will rally from time to time but the game is over. The End

If the battery technology has advanced as you say, why should I still recharge my cell phone every night? Wind and solar tech is meaningless unless you somehow manage to store up electricity (or, at least, transmit it without significant losses for thousands of miles)...

EastKing

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

If the battery technology has advanced as you say, why should I still recharge my cell phone every night? Wind and solar tech is meaningless unless you somehow manage to store up electricity (or, at least, transmit it without significant losses for thousands of miles)...

Storing energy is the most difficult part for the renewable energy as they are quite intermittent. Hydro power is not reliable during dry season.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:06:08 PM

A long time ago, when oil first became popular, the Arab countries began accepting the US dollar for all their sales. (It didn't start being called the petrodollar until 1973.) That meant that if Japan wanted to buy a barrel of oil, it had to buy US dollars to do it with. This alone has kept the dollar afloat far longer than it would have naturally. As the value of the dollar dropped, starting with Nixon going off the gold standard in 1971, countries began to grinch privately that they weren't getting as much money for their oil as before.

Thus evolved petrodollar warfare. In 2000, Saddam Hussein began accepting Euros for oil instead of dollars. This was the real reason for the Iraq invasion. Now, Iran is threatening to do the same. Can another war be far behind?

But the truth is that if the petrodollar ceases to exist, America will crash. There will no longer be anything at all backing up the dollar and it will be worth less than toilet paper. So we can either collapse from the weight of debt needed to finance the wars or we can stop fighting and deal with the consequences a little sooner

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/6352/

EastKing

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:34:19 PM

But the truth is that if the petrodollar ceases to exist, America will crash. There will no longer be anything at all backing up the dollar and it will be worth less than toilet paper. So we can either collapse from the weight of debt needed to finance the wars or we can stop fighting and deal with the consequences a little sooner

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/6352/

The American has the strongest military power in the world, it will not let it happen. It will wager against anybody trying to weaken dollar usage.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

Only problem is the us likes to take out foreign leaders who go against the petrodollar (Gaddafi, sadam).  The problem they may run into though is when another superpower (russia) decides to go against the petrodollar (I think they already have?).  That is probably why all the anti-russian propaganda is going on.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 02:31:21 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 02:48:58 PM by deisik

Thus evolved petrodollar warfare. In 2000, Saddam Hussein began accepting Euros for oil instead of dollars. This was the real reason for the Iraq invasion. Now, Iran is threatening to do the same. Can another war be far behind?

Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990 in an effort to capture its oil fields. This led to the Desert Storm operation by the US and friends in January 1991 (First Gulf War), well before the Euro. After that, Hussein and his ideas became mostly irrelevant (Iraq was under severe economic sanctions in the '90s)...

Had the US wanted that, he wouldn't have been able to sell any oil at all

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: