Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't this user banned yet?  (Read 2671 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:54:38 PM

Maybe I should make a public shame list in meta for all of the useless spam posters. Add the shit posters to it and point campaign managers and staff at it.

You would probably be faced with a lot of hate (mainly by the people you add). But I would support creating the list.

What about some kind of public voting thing for the quality of users' posts? Not sure how that would work.

Well, we would need to make sure only obvious spammers were added. Not sure the best method for adding users, but feel free to make suggestions.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:57:25 PM

Maybe I should make a public shame list in meta for all of the useless spam posters. Add the shit posters to it and point campaign managers and staff at it.

You would probably be faced with a lot of hate (mainly by the people you add). But I would support creating the list.

What about some kind of public voting thing for the quality of users' posts? Not sure how that would work.

Well, we would need to make sure only obvious spammers were added. Not sure the best method for adding users, but feel free to make suggestions.

Well, it would be tricky you would need to check on the crap posters now and then to see if it was just the odd crap post.
That said Ignore is a button that's been around for a reason although it was more convenient when it was color coded since that was an easier way to tell.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:58:18 PM

Support for it as well. I think the most obvious way to add users would be to have a public suggestion thread, where people could suggest for certain spammers to be added, and then others could tell you what they think about it and so on and so forth. A main thread would probably be the best way to do it.

That said Ignore is a button that's been around for a reason although it was more convenient when it was color coded since that was an easier way to tell.

You're making me regret not joining BCT earlier! Smiley TBH, that feature sounds like it would be seriously awesome. Was it removed because it was too resource-consuming? (I think I remember reading that.)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:00:18 AM

Something like DannyHamilton's ignore list?

Exactly, have everyone keep posting the useless posters for all to see in one easy list.
Would argue DannyHamilton's post actually serves the same purpose* , wouldn't make sense creating another thread solely for including such posters, but we could make a thread (either on Reputation or Meta) about signature farmers, for starters only yobit 20 posts per day ones. That along with(an updated version) of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206112.20 should give moderators hints about who to ban, alt account with sig ads, specifically yobit, with hisotry of spam posts, should be on the top of the list.
*You are free to say that I'm saying this because Danny hasn't included me in his list yet.
So anyone up for making that kind of thread? Cause I'm pretty bad with thread designing.
Edit:

You're making me regret not joining BCT earlier! Smiley TBH, that feature sounds like it would be seriously awesome. Was it removed because it was too resource-consuming? (I think I remember reading that.)
Not sure what you are talking about here, the colour-removal from the button or the button removal, cause the last time I saw(last second) Ignore button was still in that place. But I have 0 people on my ignore list, I guess I keep feeding trolls in that case.

Support for it as well. I think the most obvious way to add users would be to have a public suggestion thread, where people could suggest for certain spammers to be added, and then others could tell you what they think about it and so on and so forth. A main thread would probably be the best way to do it.
Wouldn't work, for example people(trolls I like to call them) and their alts will be pretty bent on getting me on that list. Same goes for people like QS , BlazedOut or anyone on DT  who have given a bunch of negative feedback. Only something centralized, but slightly decentralized will be able to hold against the horde of alts, DT is the best working example(in most of the cases that is).
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:19:18 AM

Ignore still works fine but it used to compile a list of users who ignored X user then give them a different shade of yellow based on how many ignores a person had but your right it was to resource consuming so they removed the color coding but the Ignore still works.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109833.msg1194261#msg1194261
The ignore button starts out clear, and as more people ignore you it turns yellow and then orange. But only other people see your ignore button, so you cannot tell what color it is. The obvious way around that limitation is to have somebody tell you what color it is, thereby giving you some idea of how obnoxious you are.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:28:47 AM

Something like DannyHamilton's ignore list?

Exactly, have everyone keep posting the useless posters for all to see in one easy list.
Would argue DannyHamilton's post actually serves the same purpose* , wouldn't make sense creating another thread solely for including such posters, but we could make a thread (either on Reputation or Meta) about signature farmers, for starters only yobit 20 posts per day ones. That along with(an updated version) of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206112.20 should give moderators hints about who to ban, alt account with sig ads, specifically yobit, with hisotry of spam posts, should be on the top of the list.
*You are free to say that I'm saying this because Danny hasn't included me in his list yet.
So anyone up for making that kind of thread? Cause I'm pretty bad with thread designing.
DannyHamilton's post is an ignore list of practically everyone that is in a signature campaign. This will include a lot of people who are good quality posters that shouldn't been ignored, and it will exclude a number of people who spam low quality posts (although significantly less).

I support the creation of such a separate thread for the spammers since that won't include many of the good posters who are on Danny's ignore list.
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:24:45 AM

Posting only to be paid is allowed here so nothing will be done. Amph writes useless nonsense like that and has never been banned for it (he even publicly stated he only posts for the pay). Just give up on making these threads as the forum allows this activity. I think the only ones who get banned are the really obvious 1-5 word posters.

there are some neutral people alive on the forum ,
hilar,amph,notlist are having thousands of posts its just that they frame their post in a nice way but it is just spam.
Can't tell about amph but wouldn't accuse a Global moderator of spamming and as for notlist3d he just seems to be interested in posting mainly on Bitcoin discussion/Economics board which actually is what the campaign needs from participants.
i was not accusing anybody and neither i asked you anything about it ? did i ?
just see your post history ,you bought this account on september 28th and have posted close 900~ .(no accuse)
my point is why to accuse a non-english speaker while we have more spam from legendaries, i agree with BLAZE.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:32:51 AM

Posting only to be paid is allowed here so nothing will be done. Amph writes useless nonsense like that and has never been banned for it (he even publicly stated he only posts for the pay). Just give up on making these threads as the forum allows this activity. I think the only ones who get banned are the really obvious 1-5 word posters.

hilar,amph,notlist are having thousands of posts its just that they frame their post in a nice way but it is just spam.
Can't tell about amph but wouldn't accuse a Global moderator of spamming and as for notlist3d he just seems to be interested in posting mainly on Bitcoin discussion/Economics board which actually is what the campaign needs from participants.
just see your post history ,you bought this account on september 28th and have posted close 900~ .(no accuse)
my point is why to accuse a non-english speaker while we have more spam from legendaries, i agree with BLAZE.
According to your logic no-one should be discussing any statements made by anyone, only the questions. And well you were directly accusing someone of spamming
and according to your logic I am not answering you at all, just making things clear to anyone who may be viewing your posts.
As for my post history thats completely off-topic, lame attempt at sidetracking the discussion, at any rate just because I started posting on an account with some potential activity doesn't mean its bought. But congratulations on your "detective" skills, something I too sometimes use while I want to make my point understood.
First clear out the most spammy ones then comes questioning respectable members of the forum.
Nextgen

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:51:21 AM

According to your logic no-one should be discussing any statements made by anyone, only the questions. And well you were directly accusing someone of spamming
and according to your logic I am not answering you at all, just making things clear to anyone who may be viewing your posts.
As for my post history thats completely off-topic, lame attempt at sidetracking the discussion, at any rate just because I started posting on an account with some potential activity doesn't mean its bought. But congratulations on your "detective" skills, something I too sometimes use while I want to make my point understood.
First clear out the most spammy ones then comes questioning respectable members of the forum.
No, this is not going to happen ,
Posting only to be paid is allowed here so nothing will be done

Yes they frame their post in a nice way and maybe a indo.. fails to do it but the reason is exactly the same (sig's).

According to your logic no-one should be discussing any statements made by anyone
you are not discussing ,you are expressing your opinions where you have not been asked to.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:57:27 AM

Yes they frame their post in a nice way and maybe a indo.. fails to do it but the reason is exactly the same (sig's).
Action has already been done against the member, less spam will be coming from him in the future
We got news.

Hey marco,

Can you please check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220253.0
Please review this user's posting... although it may seem long in "length", it is all spam and non-contributing posts.

I've removed him, without pay.

Thank you for the message!

Regards
According to your logic no-one should be discussing any statements made by anyone
you are not discussing ,you are expressing your opinions where you have not been asked to.
This is a forum mate and everyone is "entitled" to free speech(most of the time) which includes opinions as well. And what you are posting is not a fact, its an opinion, opposing which I'm giving my opinion.
Edit: You haven't asked in your

post that no one should comment on your post, which even if there was something like that I would defend hilarious and notlist(now don't ask why).
P.S: You are making a big deal out of nothing.
Nextgen

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:02:24 AM

Action has already been done against the member, less spam will be coming from him in the future
We got news.

Hey marco,

Can you please check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220253.0
Please review this user's posting... although it may seem long in "length", it is all spam and non-contributing posts.

I've removed him, without pay.

Thank you for the message!

Regards
This is a forum mate and everyone is "entitled" to free speech(most of the time) which includes opinions as well. And what you are posting is not a fact, its an opinion, opposing which I'm giving my opinion.
well yes, i just dont interrupt anyone's opinion and place mine unless i agree with them , i am not a desperate for sure
my opinions worth some value and i point them out when i am asked (in general).
I agree with blaze.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:01:09 AM

so one can just request to bann a user if he thinks s/he deserves to be?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:13:57 AM

I assume requests will be ignored if they're not spamming, but there's only so many mods and they may not spot everything unless they're informed by someone. It's obvious when someone is making mountains of worthless posts.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:50:53 PM

eh, I am not sure if this person should be banned as I would not quite consider his posts to be insubstantial. However I certainly agree that he is only posting to earn money from his signature campaign which reflects poorly on both the company he is representing (via his signature), and on the campaign manger itself.

I would not want him in a campaign that I was running personally.
His posts are insubstantial because it's all bullshit - I'd bet that he'd disappear the day signature campaigns are banned (if they do get banned).
It's obviously that he is posting only to earn money... but that isn't the reason I called him out.  He continues to post meaningless crap with no interest on the actual topic of the OP. I would consider that insubstantial, or at least a bannable offence.
I can't say that I disagree that he is only posting crap to earn money and I don't disagree that this kind of person is a major problem for the forum, however I don't think he meets the criteria to get banned. To be entirely fair, I don't have a real interest in this thread either, but I posted in there (to call out that person's lies/scam attempts).

I think that any campaign that accepts him would not get my business because he reflects very poorly on any business that he is advertising. I think if more people were to take up this mindset then companies would be much more careful in how they select people to advertise for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: